Dalton: 20 wins since 2016

Dak: 4th in QBR
Dalton: 27th in QBR

Dak: over $31m in 2020
Dalton: $3m guaranteed in 2020

“How are they any different!?!?!”
:lmao2:

Beta.

In post 148 in this very thread you chastised a poster for ignoring 2016 in Dak's career won/loss record.

Here you completely ignore the first five years of Dalton's career when comparing their respective career won/loss records.

That's pretty much all one needs to know in determining how much credence to give your hot takes.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I understand it’s an unknown that’s why I look at overall ability of both players and Dak isn’t much better then Dalton.
Don't know how people can look at actual ability and think Dak is some light years better player than Dak. Them two with Cousins and Alex Smith are all the same dude. For these stats nerds I just heard Marcellus Wiley say stats wise Dalton numbers make him a top 10 QB similar to his football brother Dak what are those people that love numbers going to do with that?

nobody

Reaction score
Dak is still going to sign on his own timeline without this other QB hire putting any pressure on him what-so-ever. Signing Dalton is a no leverage move. Even if he doesn't sign his tag until the 3rd week of the regular season, Dak will be the starting QB as soon as he signs. Dalton has no hope what so ever to displace Dak. All you people need to understand this.

I agree, signing Dalton was a great move by the Cowboys. Now they have a hope of still winning games while/if Dak decides to hold out for a while. But its still Dak's job to claim any time he is ready to do so. Even with no training camp, Dak just has to sign the dotted line.

I disagree on part of that. Say Dak holds out 3 or 4 games and Dalton gets the Cowboys to 3-0 or 4-0. Dak signs... he might not be the starter at that point because the coaches might want to go with the "hot hand." That's how Dak got the starting job after all.

Do I think it will happen? No. If they don't negotiate a contract, Dak will sign the franchise tag and play out the year. After all, it's to his benefit to do so and to his detriment to hold out.
And I don't think the Cowboys would go 3-0 or 4-0 with Dalton under center... but it's possible...and just might lose Dak a starting position if he did hold out.

Big_D

Reaction score
You would be on that list, I'm just pointing out that either narrative is incorrect.

so would you. lol I'm pointing out that he contributed to the loss not pinning it on him or crediting just the QB when they win. He certainly didn't prove he was highest paid QB material that day. even when wins and losses aren't on 1 player!

Nav22

Reaction score
Prescott played for an iconic sports franchise.
Dalton played for ....... Cincinnati.
I'm not a Prescott hater. I like Prescott. I just want to put things in proper perspective.
Cincinnati made the playoffs every year from 2011-15.

Dallas made the playoffs just once between 2011-15.

What these franchises did historically before that had zero to do with how they’d fare in 2016 and beyond.

Cute excuse, though!
:thumbup:

Nav22

Reaction score
In post 148 in this very thread you chastised a poster for ignoring 2016 in Dak's career won/loss record.

Here you completely ignore the first five years of Dalton's career when comparing their respective career won/loss records.

That's pretty much all one needs to know in determining how much credence to give your hot takes.
Dumb.

I’m comparing 2 players on their NFL performances, and 1 of the players wasn’t in the league before 2016.

Shall I pull up Dak’s Mississippi State stats and compare them with Dalton’s early NFL stats?

LOL it’s a “hot take” now that a QB who will make over $31m in 2020 is much better than a QB who will make $3m?
:laugh:

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Dumb.

I’m comparing 2 players on their NFL performances, and 1 of the players wasn’t in the league before 2016.

Shall I pull up Dak’s Mississippi State stats and compare them with Dalton’s early NFL stats?

LOL it’s a “hot take” now that a QB who will make over $31m in 2020 is much better than a QB who will make $3m?
:laugh:
Your comparison was dumb. Cherry picked and hypocritical as well.

No worries though. I gave it the appropriate credence.

Stay thirsty my friend! lol

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I disagree on part of that. Say Dak holds out 3 or 4 games and Dalton gets the Cowboys to 3-0 or 4-0. Dak signs... he might not be the starter at that point because the coaches might want to go with the "hot hand." That's how Dak got the starting job after all.

Do I think it will happen? No. If they don't negotiate a contract, Dak will sign the franchise tag and play out the year. After all, it's to his benefit to do so and to his detriment to hold out.
And I don't think the Cowboys would go 3-0 or 4-0 with Dalton under center... but it's possible...and just might lose Dak a starting position if he did hold out.
lol, that's just stupid. I'm sorry to say it that way but this is Dak's job no matter what. I should not have suggested Dak would hold out past July 15th. They can't do any further negotiating after that date so what would be the point in a holdout? He either signs his tag or a new deal on that date. The job is still his no matter.

starfan1

Reaction score

I cant see Dak holding but I can see this scenario if he did. i think it would ke more than 4 games but he can be Wally pipped as well

nobody

Reaction score
lol, that's just stupid. I'm sorry to say it that way but this is Dak's job no matter what. I should not have suggested Dak would hold out past July 15th. They can't do any further negotiating after that date so what would be the point in a holdout? He either signs his tag or a new deal on that date. The job is still his no matter.

Like the job was Romo's no matter what? You're being naive.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
so would you. lol I'm pointing out that he contributed to the loss not pinning it on him or crediting just the QB when they win. He certainly didn't prove he was highest paid QB material that day. even when wins and losses aren't on 1 player!
I never attributed wins and losses to one player, so no clue what you're talking about. Your point is a pretty irrelevant one. Every player contributes to every win or loss. The fair question to ask is how much. Throughout the entire season, the Special teams and defense were much more the issue than the offense. which the offensive rankings illustrate.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Like the job was Romo's no matter what? You're being naive.
Stephen learned his lesson and this is a different situation. Dak had double-digit wins in a row before Romo was healthy enough to get his job back. That ain't this and this ain't that. There is no way Dak will hold out beyond the July 15th deadline. They can't negotiate beyond that date so what would be the point in a holdout? If you think otherwise then it is you that is being naive. Dak will either sign the tag or sign a new contract by 15 July.

cowboyed

Reaction score
I guess Mike McCarthy is a poor judge of quarterbacks because he is very impressed with Dak, even stated that was the case before he joined the Cowboys. I believe Dak is very good but not elite. That requires more performance consistency, including better decision making and getting the ball out quicker against the more competitive teams. I also think Dak has a chance to become elite with this experience loaded coaching staff. I also believe that contractually he has been offered lucrative compensation and reasonable terms commensurate with his peers. Hopefully he and his agent will come around.

For the sake of our season and the team let's all hope Dak can help us get deep into the playoffs.

nobody

Reaction score
Stephen learned his lesson and this is a different situation. Dak had double-digit wins in a row before Romo was healthy enough to get his job back. That ain't this and this ain't that. There is no way Dak will hold out beyond the July 15th deadline. They can't negotiate beyond that date so what would be the point in a holdout? If you think otherwise then it is you that is being naive. Dak will either sign the tag or sign a new contract by 15 July.

I already said I believed he would get a contract or sign the tag tender....I was saying IF he held out, then he'd have to worry about his job if the Cowboys went 3-0 or 4-0 without him.... But it's to his benefit to sign the tag if they don't come to a deal come July 15.

Asklesko

Reaction score
Wouldn't mind riding with Dalton for a year, even if it meant tanking. We could draft an ace QB next year, and avoid the hell of being saddled with a mediocrity for 45 million a year.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
It is seriously like I've entered the twilight zone when it comes to Dalton this year.