Twitter: Skip Bayless. I'll just go with Andy

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Oh yeah, Romo had nothing...except for an inheritance of a team full of a franchise record 13 Pro Bowlers in 2007, his first full season as a starter.

Nice story-telling. I'm ready to take a nap.
Reading Comprehension brother

I said we had nothing at THE Position once Romo came along

A buncha bums since Aikman. He gave this franchise hope. Dak is a clear downgrade from the last QB we have had here

starfan1

Reaction score
hilarious 1/3 of the fanbase hoping for Andy dalton to be the savior for a franchise that dont need saving. Newsflash Dak is well down the list of issues. When Garrett left and Marinelli left this team got exponentially better. SMH at Dallas fans

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
sorry but you have fallen off the reservation with this take,Dalton was terrible this year and benched and injured .The Andy Dalton of old is not the one we are getting .

Let him play here with Zeke, pass protection, and the best WR group in football.

Then go throw Dak up there in Cincy..

I’d love to see that experiment take place.

For 3 million Dollars Dak can not outplay Dalton by 32 million Dollars because they are similar players in ability.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
We just signed a QB that can get Dak like results in early May for 3 million dollars.

QBs are easier then ever to find.

Not saying Dalton is better than Dak but the value to cost ratio is ridiculous. Dalton could get us similar results even if you just switch QBs. But the thing is, with Dalton, you have a ton of money to spend on the defensive side of the ball. 31m just this year could get some really nice players.

conner01

Reaction score
I don’t care if he goes. But Andy Dalton is definitely not his replacement. Not even close
Dak haters want anybody but Dak
Then next year they will want to go get another QB when dalton proves why he was availible
Dalton is a good backup but he’s not going to take you anywhere close to a super bowl
Bengals had dalton in years they had good teams

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I don’t think signing Dalton was just about Dallas signing a good backup QB..

They did this to gain leverage in negotiations and if things go south they can go to Dalton.

Signing Dalton is not really a Dallas Cowboy type of move and it sounded like Jerry was done with that after Kyle Orton.

Something is up.

It's interesting, right? We valued the backup QB late in Romo's career when we knew injuries were a concern. With Dak, we have exclusively rolled with Cooper Rush. It's as if we figure he's a young, indestructible QB, and we are willing to gamble he'll stay healthy.

Yet now, on the cusp of handing him a massive deal, we suddenly value the backup QB again? Definitely interesting.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yes, the FO did what they should have done - Bring in a decent back-up. All this attention for a back-up.
a back up in name only. How many games in the oast 7 or so seasons was Dalton the back up? Keep telling yourself that Dallas just wanted a back up qb and this is why they brought Dalton in. The Jones' know where these negotiations are, they know the tone, they know things we do not know. If you think this signing was not meant to send a message to Dak and his agent, you are very naive.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not saying Dalton is better than Dak but the value to cost ratio is ridiculous. Dalton could get us similar results even if you just switch QBs. But the thing is, with Dalton, you have a ton of money to spend on the defensive side of the ball. 31m just this year could get some really nice players.

Exactly..

If Dallas actually went out and used that money then Dalton at that price tag is a much better option then Dak at his price tag because they are similar players to begin with and whatever we do lose in ability we can make up for with spending money on Defenders.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Skip is wrong. Signing Dalton was about QB depth, not leverage against Dak. Dak is still the man despite all the haters wishing otherwise.
That is the proper general lip service and probably about 95% correct. However, if push comes to shove all is not lost.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It's interesting, right? We valued the backup QB late in Romo's career when we knew injuries were a concern. With Dak, we have exclusively rolled with Cooper Rush. It's as if we figure he's a young, indestructible QB, and we are willing to gamble he'll stay healthy.

Yet now, on the cusp of handing him a massive deal, we suddenly value the backup QB again? Definitely interesting.

To me this is one of those things in sports where the team showed us all the signs that something could happen, then the thing happens, and everyone is asking themselves how did we not see this coming when it was right there in front of us.

2 years they have been negotiating.

Stephen came out with a hardball stance last week.

Then this week they come back with an Andy Dalton signing.

Maybe Dallas is saying it’s Dak’s turn to cave in and if he doesn’t then he can go test the market.

If he goes out on the open market and 1 of the maybe 2 or 3 teams that could be interested don’t make him an offer then what? He would be in a big mess.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
hilarious 1/3 of the fanbase hoping for Andy dalton to be the savior for a franchise that dont need saving. Newsflash Dak is well down the list of issues. When Garrett left and Marinelli left this team got exponentially better. SMH at Dallas fans

No one expects him to be the savior, at least not with his play on the field. He could be the savior in terms of not making a huge mistake in signing an average QB to MVP money. I would have no problem turning Dalton’s deal into a reasonable 3 year deal and trying to trade Dak. Trading him may not be possible but the attempt could be made. With all the extra picks next year, needing a QB of the future could make it a real interesting draft and I for one am not scared to go down that path for fear of losing the privilege of overpaying Dak Prescott.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Dalton is playing in Dallas for basically free ($3 million vs $2.5 million for cooper rush). I'm guessing if he hits a certain number of starts he gets the full $7 million which is still basically free. How do you not sign him under these circumstances?
Winston just signed a 1.1 million dollar deal worth UP TO 3 million. They did this just like bridgewater for a reason. 1 year then get paid. How are they supposed to get a big deal this late in the game when free agency has already been played out. Damn , some of you are not too good with how this stuff works. You think Cam Newton is gonna get some 4 year 80 million dollar deal anytime soon?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
No one expects him to be the savior, at least not with his play on the field. He could be the savior in terms of not making a huge mistake in signing an average QB to MVP money. I would have no problem turning Dalton’s deal into a reasonable 3 year deal and trying to trade Dak. Trading him may not be possible but the attempt could be made. With all the extra picks next year, needing a QB of the future could make it a real interesting draft and I for one am not scared to go down that path for fear of losing the privilege of overpaying Dak Prescott.
I am right there with you.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Reading Comprehension brother

I said we had nothing at THE Position once Romo came along

A buncha bums since Aikman. He gave this franchise hope. Dak is a clear downgrade from the last QB we have had here
lol. Come on bro. Dak is a clear downgrade? The same Dak who was held back from passing during the 4th quarter of their Week 17 game against the Commanders, even though our Cowboys had a 3 score lead and Garrett and Jerry knew Dak was within 1 yard of tying Romo's single season franchise passing record, 2 passing yards from breaking it, and less than 100 yards from being the 1st Cowboys QB to pass for 5K yards in a season? But, hey, that was part of Jerry's plan to keep Dak from demanding more money for his new contract, eh? You don't think Dak realized that? If we did, I'm pretty sure Dak did as well.

You know the same Dak Prescott who is on pace to shatter most, if not all, of Romo's franchise records if he's allowed to start for another 6 years. He's actually on pace to break them all before those 6 future seasons are up.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dak haters want anybody but Dak
Then next year they will want to go get another QB when dalton proves why he was availible
Dalton is a good backup but he’s not going to take you anywhere close to a super bowl
Bengals had dalton in years they had good teams

I like Dak..

It’s never been about hating Dak for me.

It’s about his ability and the contract he wants for that ability.

We just signed a QB that can provide Dak like results for 3 million dollars.

We don’t need to spend 35 million dollars on a Solid Quarterback. That’s a lot of money for a guy who is a prolific player at the position. Especially when he is demanding a 4 year deal so he can come back to the table and get more money.

Offer him a deal and see if he is really willing to lose playing for the Dallas Cowboys when he is already being offered make believe money.

Let him go find his true market value elsewhere in Jacksonville. Maybe he’ll get lucky and Belichick will suddenly become willing to pay a QB a ton of money when he wouldn’t do it for Brady.