News: Skip Bayless: "I'm not sure Zeke is going to play anywhere next year"

Big_D

Reaction score
All players didn't make the money that he did.

He's 28. He had to know the the train was going to stop at some point? Isn't there an article says he wants to get paid and wants to win? doesn't say anything about putting his health on the line. Money is obviously the driving force.

rambo2

Reaction score
He's 28. He had to know the the train was going to stop at some point? Isn't there an article says he wants to get paid and wants to win? doesn't say anything about putting his health on the line. Money is obviously the driving force.
Lol

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
He has taken quite a beating over the years. He really isn't worth signing on to a roster given his physical decline and the opportunity cost of a roster spot and progress stopper. Hopefully he was smart with his money and can start a new life for himself.

manster4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, I THINK Jim Brown was 29 and Barry Sanders was 30 when they retired. Emmitt was 35 but he was a freak of course. Meh, Zeke can do what he wants but if he wants to play with his kids and grand kids he should stay retired IMHO. He won't....but he should. Back to Brown, he never missed a game in his nine year career: think about that for a minute.

ksadler1

Reaction score
Yeah, I THINK Jim Brown was 29 and Barry Sanders was 30 when they retired. Emmitt was 35 but he was a freak of course. Meh, Zeke can do what he wants but if he wants to play with his kids and grand kids he should stay retired IMHO. He won't....but he should. Back to Brown, he never missed a game in his nine year career: think about that for a minute.
I think Brown and Sanders would have played several more years. Brown, as l understand it, was unhappy that the Browns wouldn't negotiate a better contract. Sanders was unhappy with how the Lions were being managed. I'm not sure if their teams refused to trade them, but they obviously want to play elsewhere...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We’re almost in June and Zeke is still unsigned. There’s certainly no guarantees he plays this season, but you would think he’ll sign with someone prior to camp. Either he’s taking his time or no one has shown interest so far. I think everyone is waiting for his price to come down. He’ll likely have to settle for a one year deal.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
If Zeke doesn't play it won't be because teams aren't interested in signing him, it'll be because the money he wants doesn't align with what he wants.

Toro9

Reaction score
If Zeke doesn't play it won't be because teams aren't interested in signing him, it'll be because the money he wants doesn't align with what he wants.
Yeah, it's gonna come down to money vs love for the game/ego. He should have plenty of money for life. It's if he wants to play and is willing to accept a lesser role and a lot less pay

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I dont think feed me will play for less than 8 mil.
So he may be sitting on his couch with his favorite pipe this season.