DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MdvtPiT.gif

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Don't know if those careers were killed, maybe wasted. Romo, Bryant and Elliott had pretty successful careers that were ended by the wear and tear/injuries taking their toll.

Garrett killed his own career by not being a great offensive coordinator/head coach.
THIS

diamonddelts

Reaction score
We have a big hole without Zeke, 800 tough yards and 12 TD's.

We should bring him back (2-3M) to take some short yardage load off Pollard who is unproven to stay healthy as a starter.

OR sign someone else. What we have now is a problem.
I was waiting for it. I did not have to wait long. 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

ksadler1

Reaction score
Brown and Sanders DID NOT WANT TO PLAY ELSEWHERE.
That is why they left the game --- with still the talent \ abillity to play at a high level.
That's what l meant to say. By the time l re-read it (and caught it) l was not able to change it.

ksadler1

Reaction score
Brown's contract had nothing to do with his retirement.

1966 was his final year of his three year deal with Cleveland.
Brown had declared publically that season would be he last one playing pro football.
He was in London being part of the cast of the movie "The Dirty Dozen".
Bad weather delayed the filming schedule, which led to Brown not being at the start of training camp.
Cleveland ownet Art Modell threatened to assess hefty fines if the NFL Star did not return immediately back to the States for TC.
Jim Brown decided to retire on the spot.
I just watched a program on Brown, after his death, and it said he left because of contract issues. That is what l based my opinion on. Whether or not it's true, l don't know. But he had plenty of football left if he wanted to play...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Poor Zeke he deserved a better Cowboy ending.......... :facepalm:
He was a good player but he wasted years of his career.

He’s paid millions and supposed to be a professional and he wasn’t that all of the time.

So don’t feel bad. He got rich and Dallas got nothing in return.

Motorola

Reaction score
I just watched a program on Brown, after his death, and it said he left because of contract issues. That is what l based my opinion on. Whether or not it's true, l don't know. But he had plenty of football left if he wanted to play...
Brown had already made forays into acting during his last couple of years with the Browns.
Modell made the ultimatum - Brown countered with his announcement to retire - and he never suited up again.

DZSierra

Reaction score
I honestly don't know why anyone would even post something here from that clown.

Section446

Reaction score
Dude was horrible for the last few seasons, he's one of the poster children for what's (been) holding this franchise back.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Cowboys are career killers. Romo, Jason Garrett, Dez, Zeke. Unless you are a hof-er talent like Ware, middle range players, coaches are hyped up in Dallas by marketing.
One of these does not fit. Garrett was absolutely in over his head. If it weren't for 2 of the others on the list, he never survives beyond 2013 because the team wouldn't have won the measly 8 games/year they did muster in the 3 year span of 8-8.

Flamma

Reaction score
This is what I heard. And I was listening at work, so I didn't catch all of it. But the Dirty Dozen was brought up, and the fact he could make more money acting. So it's probably a combination of both.