Skip Bayless: Jerry Jones has convinced Andy Dalton he'll start over Dak Prescott

Status
Not open for further replies.

CWR

Reaction score
his signing here on a one year deal has more to do with keeping his family entact during a pandemic and not worrying about when he can move them than Dak and his contract.

if he had signed here for 3 or 4yrs....then yeah....it's a signal that something more is going on.

but only a 1yr deal.....tells me he wanted to stay with his family and gives him time to figure out where he wants to continue his career as a starter.

His plan is to showcase with whatever opportunities he gets this season and then cash in next year for the "second half" of his career. I agree the pandemic played a role for sure.

CWR

Reaction score
I'm not really sure if that is the case, that JJ told Dalton that or not? But with this little money that JJ is going to invest in Dalton, that just took away a little of Dak's dream cash, and even more dream cash if Dalton plays and gets his incentives.

Maybe JJ learned from Romo about overpaying a QB? The cash that could be saved if Dak came down off his high horse and think "team", it's there. Or, Dak could scoot on out...an Ace in the hole.

I forget the difference, but if Dalton doesn't reach his playing time incentives hes only a couple 100k more expensive than Cooper Rush.

CWR

Reaction score
He's not turning down millions of dollars because he's concerned about his family and this dreaded (ahem) "pandemic".

He said it was a factor. Although Im sure it wasnt the deciding factor. He's planning on cashing in next season. This is his Robert Quinn year in hopes of driving up his value.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He said it was a factor. Although Im sure it wasnt the deciding factor. He's planning on cashing in next season. This is his Robert Quinn year in hopes of driving up his value.

Check out this guy. He believes what players say.

Players also say it's not about the money.

Reactions: CWR

Proof

Reaction score
3 million is kicker money. We're talking about a starting QB here. He's not taking that deal unless Jerry looked him in the eye and told him he was done with Prescott.

Dalton has a year to convince the Cowboys they don't need to draft one in April.

Andy got benched for Ryan Lindley. Jameis threw for the 8th most yards in league history and signed for a mil.

Williamsboys

Reaction score
Did you know Farrah Fawcett wore that red one piece bathing suit because she had a surgery when she was really young and it left a scar on her , well, sidegina.. That is why she never wore a bikini. Gosh I miss her..

fivetwos

Reaction score
Maybe the team is better with Dalton playing bus driver, emphasizing ball control and keeping that lousy defense off the field.

Ita not gonna happen, but its definitely a mind crosser.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Andy got benched for Ryan Lindley. Jameis threw for the 8th most yards in league history and signed for a mil.

Winston signed in New Orleans because he knows Brees is out after this year. So he gets a year to learn from Payton and fuzzface before hopefully re-signing there as the entrenched starter.

That's not this situation.

Somebody has to tell me why Dalton would turn down millions of dollars to back up a bum. He can do his one year in limbo anywhere. Why here for peanuts? He's literally making kicker money this year.

Jerry promised him, probably on the souls of his grandchildren, that Dak Prescott will never take another snap in their uniform. That they've moved on from what they now admit was a huge mistake.

The evidence points me to this conclusion.

31RoyW31

Reaction score
Unbelievable that we have fans who would rather Dalton start over Dak. Just unbelievable the ignorance of our fan base.:facepalm:

For me it's Dalton + 32 million over Dak, not Dalton is better than Dak. Plus getting tried of the contract drama with Dak. Also, Dak wanting to be paid like he has won a Superbowl, when he couldn't beat the Eagles practice squad in a "must win" game. It all adds up to a bit of Dak fatigue and being ready for a change.

Proof

Reaction score
Winston signed in New Orleans because he knows Brees is out after this year. So he gets a year to learn from Payton and fuzzface before hopefully re-signing there as the entrenched starter.

That's not this situation.

Somebody has to tell me why Dalton would turn down millions of dollars to back up a bum. He can do his one year in limbo anywhere. Why here for peanuts? He's literally making kicker money this year.

Jerry promised him, probably on the souls of his grandchildren, that Dak Prescott will never take another snap in their uniform. That they've moved on from what they now admit was a huge mistake.

The evidence points me to this conclusion.

The Saints also signed Taysom Holl for 2 yrs 21 mil.
Dalton has family here, the season may be lost in general. There’s no other starting jobs, and Dak isn’t under contract so there’s a chance that he is handed the starting role because Dak continues to hold out

If he’d promised him the starting job it would’ve been a deal for a few years

31RoyW31

Reaction score
Reality is that not every team gets to have a top tier QB, they're rare. I think Jerry is fine with paying a 2nd tier quarterback to be the Cowboys starter and then building up the team around him so they can be competitive,,, and Andy Dalton can be that guy. Dak could be that guy too except the demon on his left shoulder is whispering in his ear that he needs to eat the whole pie. Sheesh.
Spot on!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
For me it's Dalton + 32 million over Dak, not Dalton is better than Dak. Plus getting tried of the contract drama with Dak. Also, Dak wanting to be paid like he has won a Superbowl, when he couldn't beat the Eagles practice squad in a "must win" game. It all adds up to a bit of Dak fatigue and being ready for a change.
You don't understand the business side of the NFL. Dak has an agent. He hired an agent to do his contract negotiations, endorsements etc. His agent gets a percentage of whatever he negotiates so his agent is going to try and get the most he can. Also, you, and all the haters, choose to ignore the fact that Dak played that Eagles game you speak of with a torn ligament in his throwing shoulder as well as a fractured finger on his throwing had. The team had already given up on the coaching staff weeks before. Dak was one of the few exceptions. He went out there and played hurt to try everything he could to win. He's a warrior. Most people do not know what that means.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Saints also signed Taysom Holl for 2 yrs 21 mil.
Dalton has family here, the season may be lost in general. There’s no other starting jobs, and Dak isn’t under contract so there’s a chance that he is handed the starting role because Dak continues to hold out

If he’d promised him the starting job it would’ve been a deal for a few years

Right. It was told to him that the Prescott negotiations are off the rails and he should expect to start this year.

It's the only rational reason why I can justify why he'd pass on all that money. I don't care about where his home is or some nonsensical fear of a plague that will never touch him or his wife and kids. None of that is going to make a man turn down millions of dollars for the same job.

But ya know what will? A Jerry wink as he throws a dart into a picture of Prescott.

Status
Not open for further replies.