Skip: "I don't have sympathy for (Dak) for going public about his depression."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nav22

Reaction score
Dak sounds like a guy who’s carrying some guilt over his brother’s suicide.

He talked about how it was Jace who was taking the most care of their mom when she was sick (since he was home with her) and discusses how that couldn’t have been an easy burden for Jace to carry.

Skip’s a complete piece of garbage. Fox should issue an apology to Dak even if Skip refuses.

cowboyec

Reaction score
most people have a hurt,habit or hang-up they struggle with.
its hard to admit...but when you do...to people you trust...its incredibly powerful in your recovery.
the hardest part is to open up about it.
and its because of reactions like the one from this ***-clown....who does more damage than good.

GenoT

Reaction score
That man lost his Brother and mother and it has happened recently......

If he wasn't a tad bit depressed he wouldn’t be human......But to say something like this? Cmon now I’d remove him from the show
I lost my mom (brain tumor) at 9yo and my dad and brother on the same day (auto accident) when I was 15yo. Never a pity party, and life goes on, but there’s always a bit of depression.

Dak is a man and a leader of men.

basel90

Reaction score
what is the big fuss about .? skip is right , The whole world faces much challenges and tribulations. This soft culture sympathy is conducive to a culture condoning weakness and underachievement.
losing family member is sad , but move on man , Dak is one of the last to complain . He seems to know little about actual suffering going on , especially after covid . He has to show more toughness , stop sulking and stop the excuses.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
I dont know the statistics, but alot of suicide amoungst Iraq and Afghanistan vets are TBI related. When you are talking about a pro football player, brain trauma has to be considered. Even if they have been diagnosed with a concussion
I think we can put TBI and psychological trauma together. Both have potential to cause physical changes in the brain.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No one has ever accused Skip of being a smart man.

Probably the most enjoyable thing I've ever seen on a sports talk show, and the only time I enjoyed watching a show with Skip Bayless, was when Jaylon Rose exposed him and the reality about his high school basketball career on TV.

JayFord

Reaction score
You know i saw this segment to see what was said

If youre a leader of something and you lose the respect of the people youre leading because you say you got depressed, you never had their respect in the first place they were looking for a reason to off you

If anything the team will rally around Dak for being open and honest about his mental state

what Skip said was downright trifling, hes entitled to his opinion but his opinion this time shouldve been kept to himself.....

Nav22

Reaction score
what is the big fuss about .? skip is right , The whole world faces much challenges and tribulations. This soft culture sympathy is conducive to a culture condoning weakness and underachievement.
losing family member is sad , but move on man , Dak is one of the last to complain . He seems to know little about actual suffering going on , especially after covid . He has to show more toughness , stop sulking and stop the excuses.
*Clown emoji*

Bigdog

Reaction score
I am sorry but this is way out of line. Mental health is a serious matter that most men don't want to talk about especially football player who are portrayed as big tough guys. Kuddos to Dak and anybody else who brings mental health issues out in the open so the stigma can erased from our society.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
And the ignore list grows

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well, I do hope Dak is tough. Seriously, I do because from now on, he's going hear it. There is no quarter on the Football Field. He's going to hear it every game for awhile.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Well, I do hope Dak is tough. Seriously, I do because from now on, he's going hear it. There is no quarter on the Football Field. He's going to hear it every game for awhile.
Now a days making fun of a guy because his brother committed suicide is equivalent of using the N word. Who’s he going to hear it from? Fans? They aren’t in the stands this year

lkelly

Reaction score
So if he's traded to the Jags then Skip's OK with Dak talking about his mental health?

Status
Not open for further replies.