Skip: "I don't have sympathy for (Dak) for going public about his depression."

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Now a days making fun of a guy because his brother committed suicide is equivalent of using the N word. Who’s he going to hear it from? Fans? They aren’t in the stands this year

Yeah, I don't believe that. In public, maybe, and even then it depends on who you are. On the field, nope. That's a different world and this is not about his Brother. It's about him and he's gonna hear it.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Wow. As if anyone needed another reason to hate Prick Brianless.
I have no idea what Skip thought in commenting like this.

I respect Dak more now than ever..and I think Skip owes Dak and his viewers a huge apology.

This point of view is fine in a military situation where somebody has an issue with going into a dangerous situation and has doubts.

But this is football. Not life or death.

How can Skip even take a position like this?

People right now all over the country are having to deal with pressure from the possibility of illness and losing jobs, etc.

Dak has every right with saying what he feels. And nobody should hold him in a negative light for it.

Skip needs a vacation.

JayFord

Reaction score
Well, I do hope Dak is tough. Seriously, I do because from now on, he's going hear it. There is no quarter on the Football Field. He's going to hear it every game for awhile.
Although I strongly disagree with skip

you are 100 percent right.......i expect professionalism from Skip (i dont watch or know much about him) but when they let drunk and rowdy fans back in the stadium thats all Dak is going to hear and hes gonna hear it from the other team as well

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Although I strongly disagree with skip

you are 100 percent right.......i expect professionalism from Skip (i dont watch or know much about him) but when they let drunk and rowdy fans back in the stadium thats all Dak is going to hear and hes gonna hear it from the other team as well

Yep, he is. I mean, I'm not even considering the fans because I'd imagine that he has learned to tune the fans out by now. But on the field, that's a different deal and he's gonna hear it for sure.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't know if Dak was looking for any sympathy. Having to endure the death in your family is hard and in this case the death of a brother by his own hands has to be very difficult to deal with. That is some heavy stuff to deal with and overcome but unfortunately life moves forward and it seems Dak has moved forward in his life and his career. Nothing will take away the hurt and pain of losing his brother and for Skip to make an issue of Dak interview was wrong.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
what is the big fuss about .? skip is right , The whole world faces much challenges and tribulations. This soft culture sympathy is conducive to a culture condoning weakness and underachievement.
losing family member is sad , but move on man , Dak is one of the last to complain . He seems to know little about actual suffering going on , especially after covid . He has to show more toughness , stop sulking and stop the excuses.
My unit had 60 people die in Phantom Fury. We've had 20 people commit suicide after. I dont think you understand the potential potency of mental illness

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
IMO, skip should be let go for that comment

????

Good Lord, when did we come to this? I mean, don't get me wrong, I actually hope that TV starts setting precedents on something like that. I hope they do Fire people for stupidity, lord knows there are several that would be out of work and I would not be unhappy to see it but there are literally hundreds of people on TV that have made significantly more stupid comments then he just made, IMO.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
what is the big fuss about .? skip is right , The whole world faces much challenges and tribulations. This soft culture sympathy is conducive to a culture condoning weakness and underachievement.
losing family member is sad , but move on man , Dak is one of the last to complain . He seems to know little about actual suffering going on , especially after covid . He has to show more toughness , stop sulking and stop the excuses.

Speaking out and seeking help for a mental disorder is furthest from underachieving and being weak. Tje issue has been "toxic masculinity" teaching young men to "tough it out" when in fact, a lot of us can't.

It's not as simple as just "pick up the pieces and move on." It's never that simple. For some folks? Sure. Not everyone is the same. Some bottle up this crazy nasty feeling inside, afraid to speak their mind in fear of being labeled "weak". They dwell on it, with a growing void filling their minds, and a sickening voice growing louder and louder until one day? You can't take it anymore. You convince yourself the only way to end it is to cease to exist.

It's no laughing matter. It's serious and a growing concern. To make light of it is sick, and quite frankly I'd be surprised if S*** Bayless has a job much longer.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Dak sounds like a guy who’s carrying some guilt over his brother’s suicide.

He talked about how it was Jace who was taking the most care of their mom when she was sick (since he was home with her) and discusses how that couldn’t have been an easy burden for Jace to carry.

Skip’s a complete piece of garbage. Fox should issue an apology to Dak even if Skip refuses.

As is common for family and friends of those who commit suicide. It’s very common for people to feel like they should have seen the signs or could have done something to prevent it and blame themselves.

Skip is a real piece of hot garbage for criticizing Dak talking about mental health right now.

CoachD

Reaction score
Im gonna go public with my depression over these Cowboys for the past 25 fricken years, think I'll get any sympathy???

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
NOT SURPRISED with the response from this poster. ^^^^

:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.