Video: Skip & Shannon: Teams believe Cooper could leave Dallas

baltcowboy

Reaction score
If Cooper gets offered 20 million a year let him go. I just hope the money for Cooper and Byron will be spent on the defensive line and safety positions. It’s a deep draft for receivers. We could get two good ones. Make Dak earn that contract.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he hits free agency, of course there's a chance that the Cowboys are outbid and lose him. That's what free agency is.

One team that I think might be hiding in the weeds are the Eagles.

Thes been talk of interest in Byron Jones, and that may be legit, but I think the one they'd really like to steal is Cooper.

EJK24

Reaction score
A couple of "reports" will be true because there are so many things being thrown around that the odds of at least one coming true, are pretty high.

This time of year can really be unbearable with the b.s. that's reported or speculated.

I check here to see if anything factual comes to fruition with our players and others around the league but it's getting tougher with each passing hour.

Regardless of what we do with Dak, Amari, Byron, and anyone else, it's going to bring out the worst in alot of people.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Cooper gets offered 20 million a year let him go. I just hope the money for Cooper and Byron will be spent on the defensive line and safety positions. It’s a deep draft for receivers. We could get two good ones. Make Dak earn that contract.

You do that and you're facing this:

1. 2017 1st round pick - wasted
  2. 2018 1st round pick - future unknown
  3. 2019 1st round pick - wasted
  4. 2019 2nd round pick - a waste
It quickly changes that narrative around about "the Cowboys draft well", doesn't it?

baltcowboy

Reaction score

It quickly changes that narrative around about "the Cowboys draft well", doesn't it?
You waste picks it happens. We have plenty of money, let’s actually spend it. The Patriots are terrible with picks. The Cowboys are not letting Amari go. I bet he signs before Dak.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Depends on how much he wants. At some point JJ is gonna have to stand his ground. Imo it should have started with a player holding off his own shoulder surgery and it would have ended with another player that held out in Cabo with 2 years left on his rookie deal.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Teams believe he could leave Dallas and become the highest paid WR in football..

IMO it shouldn’t be a problem because we have an elite QB and elite QBs can make decent WRs like Laurent Robinson look great.

I do not want the highest paid QB, WR and RB in the NFL.

We will never win everything relying on 3 guys.

The rest of the league can't wait to see this happening. Plus we already are paying Tank his $100+mil.

This is fine if these guys have won division titles and a SB.

They deserve it. But pay this out now?

No skins on the wall?

Insanity.

In this world you get rewarded after the job is done.

Not before.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You waste picks it happens.

No offense, but that's dismissive, bordering on ignorance. You can't simply 'shrug your shoulders'.

We have plenty of money, let’s actually spend it. The Patriots are terrible with picks. The Cowboys are not letting Amari go. I bet he signs before Dak.

No worries then.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Based on his no shows during away games it's inconceivable he would become the highest paid wr in the game.

Timing means a lot. He and Prescott are hitting free agency at arguably the most opportune time in league history. This cap is about to explode.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score

At the same you can't keep paying every player on the team ridiculous amounts of money.......it's a catch 22

glimmerman

Reaction score
I do not want the highest paid QB, WR and RB in the NFL.

We will never win everything relying on 3 guys.

The rest of the league can't wait to see this happening. Plus we already are paying Tank his $100+mil.

This is fine if these guys have won division titles and a SB.

They deserve it. But pay this out now?

No skins on the wall?

Insanity.

In this world you get rewarded after the job is done.

Not before.
While we are at it let’s pay Jones. Lol. The signing of these guys or not will be telling of how much the money and cap goes up in the near future. JJ knows about this CBA and profit sharing from the gambling as he was heavily involved in it.

fansince68

Reaction score
If Coop has to go because we have to pay Dak 40 million, serves Dak good, he will be back to square one without a true #1 receiver. We all remember that fiasco.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At the same you can't keep paying every player on the team ridiculous amounts of money.......it's a catch 22

They signed over all leverage the minute they gave up that 1st round pick to get him. Advantage - player.

They'll likely overpay, because they have to.

garyv

Reaction score
Teams believe he could leave Dallas and become the highest paid WR in football..

IMO it shouldn’t be a problem because we have an elite QB and elite QBs can make decent WRs like Laurent Robinson look great.

If he leaves first a Wide Receiver like Cee Dee Lamb at #17 big plus and you now have an extra 15 mil to spend on free agency. They
would need to be active in free agency. You saved 15 mil on Cooper and probably could add another 10 mil for losing Byron Jones. They
could draft Cee Dee than start focusing on spending 25 extra million on a Safety and two Cornerbacks. JUst don't beat around the bush
with Cooper and let it dragggggg out.