Slater: Cowboys are 'very interested' in Texas RB Jonathon Brooks 'NFL Total Access'

rambo2

Reaction score
How about Joseph, Schoonmaker, Jaylon Smith, Trystan Hill?
What about them? Are you saying that the Cowboys don't draft well compared to other teams. Didn't they get Parsons at 12? How did the rest of the league do?

Sydla

Reaction score
Taking a TB early is silly enough.

Taking one coming off major knee surgery?

That's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Dallas Cowboys right there.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I'd draft Brooks with a 2nd if he was healthy. He's a 3 down, instant starter kind of guy. But coming off a torn ACL.... man. Who knows how much juice he might have lost from that that. I'm not willing to draft him at full MSRP.

phildadon86

Reaction score
What about them? Are you saying that the Cowboys don't draft well compared to other teams. Didn't they get Parsons at 12? How did the rest of the league do?
Yeah. After trading down and risking him going to someone else lol. They wanted a corner. They didnt even want arguably the best player in the draft. Hence the Joseph pick in round 2.

Stop defending these guys. You will lose every time.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
These people only look at the part that supports their argument. Every team has draft picks that don’t pan out.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Is it though? The franchise does enough dumb stuff to justify the mocking.

Would anyone actually be surprised if the Cowboys took a major risk on a guy in the 2nd round coming off a serious injury? Of course not. The 2nd round is where Jerry loves taking big risks.
Cowboys have done a lot of stupid stuff. I’ve never seen them take a second round injured running back and announce they were going two months prior lol.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I don't want to be outraged before any interest is proven or anything happens, but I would really appreciate if we drafted healthy players only.

Stop these gambles. None have paid off except for Sean Lee in 2010.

phildadon86

Reaction score
A lot of people said they were stupid when they drafted Tyler Smith.
Shocking. Ive never seen someone defend this FO with such vitriol.

You must be a shill. Its the only logical conclusion.

Sydla

Reaction score
They did. Also said we were stupid to take Micah and said he was the next Jaylon Smith lol.
Well we were the ones that took Smith. And Gregory. And Joseph. All risks. All 2nd round.

Decent enough odds we do something stupid again in Rd 2 this year.