Twitter: Slater: Cowboys Final Offer between 33-35 AAV. 100+ guarenteed

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tannehil got 29.5 million avg

And he beat Brady and Belicheck in the playoffs!
As Bob Sturm notes, Tannehill got a better deal than the Cowboys are offering Dak.

Sturm:
You tell me: Rank the best deals for a 26 year old?
$106m guarantee on a 5 yr deal [Dallas offer to Dak, give or take]
$91m guarantee on a 4 yr deal [Tannehill]
$69m guarantee on a tag for 2 yrs [Dak on tag]

basel90

Reaction score
Same argument goes for the ewok, no RB is worth that money other than CM who has more receiving yards than some top WR’s and he has rushing yards up there with the top backs. 2 for 1.
Agree , neither zeke nor Dak deserve these rates of pay .

J12B

Reaction score
As Bob Sturm notes, Tannehill got a better deal than the Cowboys are offering Dak.

Sturm:
You tell me: Rank the best deals for a 26 year old?
$106m guarantee on a 5 yr deal [Dallas offer to Dak, give or take]
$91m guarantee on a 4 yr deal [Tannehill]
$69m guarantee on a tag for 2 yrs [Dak on tag]

No guarantee Dak gets tagged in 2021.

But yeah, that's the point. Dak is getting a way better deal and he put up 3 points against NE in a regular season game, while Tannehill got deep in the playoffs.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Well it’s not the same deal bc they signed 4 year deals and they want Dak to sign 5. So he’s giving up an extra year with less or the same gtd money. Why would he do that?

Why not? A lot of money is still a lot of money. He is making almost as much guaranteed money as Mahomes is. That is in less years time as Mahomes. I'm glad that the Cowboys did not cave to those demands. Dak is a good player. But I think he belongs in the 33-35 million range a year. He is taking a big chance hoping for more money in the future. If he tanks this year or gets injured bye-bye future.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No guarantee Dak gets tagged in 2021.

But yeah, that's the point. Dak is getting a way better deal and he put up 3 points against NE in a regular season game, while Tannehill got deep in the playoffs.
People crack me up. Tannehill finally makes the playoffs in his 8th year and then his team wins two games where he passes for 8-15-72 and 7-14-88. Conclusion: Tannehill's great, a real winner!

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
People crack me up. Tannehill finally makes the playoffs in his 8th year and then his team wins two games where he passes for 8-15-72 and 7-14-88. Conclusion: Tannehill's great, a real winner!

The argument can’t be real! Tannehill is a nice story, seems like a great guy.

On no planet is he better than Dak.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
OBJ signed his contract two years ago. As with most things, prices tend to go up two years later. Julio Jones signed a contract extension in 2019 that pays him more on avg and is less friendly than Cooper's. Thomas signed an extension in 2019 and he carries a big dead number until around 2022.

Cooper's deal is hardly a bad deal.

OBJ was also much more highly regarded than Amari was at the time of signing.

Julio plays the next two seasons for the Falcons he gets $44M, Cooper plays next two seasons for the boys then get cuts- $46M.

Thomas signed for less average than Amari during the same offseason, despite at worst being the #2 receiver in the league, and only having $8M additional dead cap in the same out year as Amari. You can choose to recognize these facts or not, it's up to you.

Cooper's deal is hardly good.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I won't say its a bargain but the fact that they can get from under it after 2 years....I have no issue with it. I don't really care about the per year money if they can get from under it.

Then there is no WR contract you'll dislike, because that's the case for 99% of WR contracts.

The per year numbers affect the CAP those years that you can't get out from under him.

Praxit

Reaction score
...just wow! ... That is crazy money being offered. Dak is being coached by wrong people.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
Im sure you realize the one thing all those guys have in common.....they are older than Dak

Goff and Wentz...4 year extension.

Mahomes, as is constantly pointed out should not be compared to Dak, is the only QB to sign a contract or extension beyond 4 years.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Meanwhile, two guys playing for teams on the uptick--Pat Mahomes and Derrick Henry--both took team-friendly deals.

They are both still filthy rich beyond any realistic imagination, but they did not feel the need to twist the knife for even more.

irishline

Reaction score
The sticking point is Dak's agent looking like a butt for allowing Dak to make 400k last year. A 33-35M per contract doesn't make up for not signing last summer.

Not saying that he wasn't underpaid but Dak made $2.1 million last year not 400k.

kskboys

Reaction score
Gallup is not a #1 .... yet. And if we're looking to find out if Lamb is one, there'll be less balls for Gallup. Meanwhile, you have to justify Cooper's contract so he needs to see the most amount of balls, period. So it may shake out like you said but Gallup's not going to have the stats to demand #1 money unless he's making Chris Carter type catches to bolster his case. And this is all before you get to the unknown with Lamb whom I would try to find out about immediately. So for me, I'd be feeding Coop and Lamb which might tick off Gallup if he's not ticked off already at having Lamb screw up any break the bank plans.
I think he's right there on the cusp. Had #1 type numbers for sure.