Twitter: Slater - Jamal Adams details relating to the Cowboys: He’s willing to bend on contract

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it would take way more than a 1st RD pick,i would do a 1st and 3rd.

That's my offer as well. No players, no more than that. That's enough and all I'm willing to give up, knowing I also have to get that extension done.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just me, but unless Dak signs a long-term deal by July 15, I don't see any way of this happening unless it's a trade under his current rookie deal. That's the downside to Dak playing on the tag........$31M cap hit is tough. Besides, I read a tweet he's looking for something closer to $20M a year as one the best defensive, not safety, players. IF this is true.........move on, fast, coz it's not happening in Dallas.

I'll call bull on any rumors of him demanding $20 million. Until I see that coming directly from him, I give it zero validity.

Frozen700

Reaction score
It's either him or a QB next year, which we will need.

Nah, go with QB

#DontpayDak

fivetwos

Reaction score
People arent realizing the bust rate of draft picks.

Even first rounders.

There are certain guys you deal them for, and it begins with those with "All Pro" next to their name that are 24 years old.

Any weakness on an 11 man team could be and would be exploited in today's NFL, and I hear that safety doesnt matter and we can put whoever there.

Funny.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Especially when the highest paid S now makes 15.

To say nothing of the stories coming out about how Adams is saying he would 'bend' in his demands based on what he knows he would make in off-field endorsements as a memeber of the Cowboys.

I was hesitant about the costs of this deal at first - and I understand how anyone would be - but the more I've looked at it, the more I'm liking it. As long as they can agree on a reasonable contract extension (in that $15 a year range), I would be willing to give up 1st and 3rd round picks for Adams. Young, smart, proven, motivated, local, versatile, with leadership qualities to be the face of the defense, sign me up.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
People arent realizing the bust rate of draft picks.

Even first rounders.

There are certain guys you deal them for, and it begins with those with "All Pro" next to their name that are 24 years old.

Any weakness on an 11 man team could be and would be exploited in today's NFL, and I hear that safety doesnt matter and we can put whoever there.

Funny.

No thanxs on a SS.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Just heard Adam Sheffner state all this talk is Jamal Adams driven, that the Jets have zero intention in trading him as they still control him for several years. Unless a team gives them a godfather offer, which they requested last year, he isn't going to be traded. I have been hearing the same things here in NY, the Jets want to keep him and they want to keep him on that rookie contract. Unless things change, later this summer, we have to assume this player is unattainable.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Has there ever been another player where trade to Cowboys rumors circuled like this? Enough with this guy. Jets fans must hate him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with people having reasonable concerns about the total package..that's a fair opinion..but those people are few and far between

"don't give up a first"

Not reasonable. Not intelligent.
No lower that your ability to recognize sarcasm, sheldon.
yep that guy is a lil too quick to call those that differ with him names like unintelligent. Makes me wonder if hes the guys spokesperson. YOU KNOW THIS, teams aren't built on paper and this isn't Madden. YOU NEED DOGS that wanna go hunt that are hungry to prove themselves. Championship teams don't become reality by signing high priced mercenaries or making crazy trades. A FIRST FOR A SAFETY WOULD BE NUTS. Love him for a 2nd, and maybe a future 2nd. NO MORE. We better understand the monopoly money that it will take to do a deal with him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just heard Adam Sheffner state all this talk is Jamal Adams driven, that the Jets have zero intention in trading him as they still control him for several years. Unless a team gives them a godfather offer, which they requested last year, he isn't going to be traded. I have been hearing the same things here in NY, the Jets want to keep him and they want to keep him on that rookie contract. Unless things change, later this summer, we have to assume this player is unattainable.

The Jets have their own Ezekiel Elliott situation like we did last year. We ended up giving our player the extension he wanted, let's see what the Jets ultimately do.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The Jets have their own Ezekiel Elliott situation like we did last year. We ended up giving our player the extension he wanted, let's see what the Jets ultimately do.

Yes, it's still a long way from playing out.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Two years of Earl Thomas blather have been replaced with Jamal Adams. :rolleyes:

If the Jets asking price is as reported paying that AND Adams would be foolhardy. The Cowboys aren't Jamal Adams away from a championship.
THANK YOU!!! Thats what I been trying to say! We are not a box safety away from a ring. If thats "low IQ" THEN FINE...CALL ME THAT. LOL..but thats the facts! Common sense be damned I guess.

Rayman70

Reaction score
hopefully they keep him as we are not 1 safety away from a ring, and hes not all that. The Jets seem to agree. I dont see another team beating down his door to throw cash at him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
hopefully they keep him as we are not 1 safety away from a ring,

I disagree with that. I think that added a utility knife defensive player increases this team's championship chances quite a bit. And I'm not alone in that at all.

and hes not all that.

Your opinion. All Pro voters disagree.

The Jets seem to agree.

With what exactly?

I dont see another team beating down his door to throw cash at him.

How could you? He's under contract to the Jets, that's called tampering.

You have your opinion and you're entitled to it, but you need to stop making things up to try to justify it.