Twitter: Slater - Jamal Adams details relating to the Cowboys: He’s willing to bend on contract

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Just heard Adam Sheffner state all this talk is Jamal Adams driven, that the Jets have zero intention in trading him as they still control him for several years. Unless a team gives them a godfather offer, which they requested last year, he isn't going to be traded. I have been hearing the same things here in NY, the Jets want to keep him and they want to keep him on that rookie contract. Unless things change, later this summer, we have to assume this player is unattainable.

I agree, UNLESS he makes an attempt to force a trade by threatening to sit out X number of games.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I disagree with that. I think that added a utility knife defensive player increases this team's championship chances quite a bit. And I'm not alone in that at all.

Your opinion. All Pro voters disagree.

With what exactly?

How could you? He's under contract to the Jets, that's called tampering.

You have your opinion and you're entitled to it, but you need to stop making things up to try to justify it.
lmao..ok NO ONE ELSE IS THROWING 1 ST AT THE JETS FOR HIM. That better.? Making nothing up. He isn't worth a 1. He will want a premium contract if we are dumb and trade away a 1st for him. BOTH are not good propositions as we still havent paid Dak and will have other contracts to do. ITS JUST GOOD BUSINESS SENSE.Its not Madden! He is a good player, we agree on that, but unless your his agent or PR person, give it a rest. Everyone here is entitled to an opinion. Seems like another cult situation, just like when we chased the white buffalo Earl Thomas. Really bizarre how worked up fans are about a position thats not QB.

Rayman70

Reaction score
HIGH PRICED HIRED MERCINARIES IN TODAYS NFL, RARELY WORKS OUT.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I haven't seen that. Not this year.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if that's the case. I'll be darned if I can recall exactly when they last met but when they did, it got highly contentious. There were hard feelings, especially on the part of the Jets. They contended the Cowboys went public with the info, even though they were guilty of doing the same. At least, that's what one scribe reported within the last few days. Perhaps we'll see if they're still on speaking terms.

Last edited:

Rayman70

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised at all if that's the case. I'll be danged if I can recall exactly when they last met but when they did, it got highly contentious. There were hard feelings, especially on the part of the Jets. They contended the Cowboys went public with the info, even though they were guilty of doing the same. At least, that's what one scribe reported within the last few days. I imagine we'll see if they're still on speaking terms.
let the jets keep him or just wallow in their own juices. Only then will they realize they must unload the guy for a reasonable price. I would stand pat if I'm Dallas. It doesnt behoove the Cowboys one bit to call them up right now until they realize this. ITS SAFETY FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD LOL.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If Adams contract demands are within reason then I have no problem giving up a 1st. He is a 24 year old player, not a guy who is on the downhill side. If Dallas could pull this trade we would be getting a player who is just now hitting his prime.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If Adams contract demands are within reason then I have no problem giving up a 1st. He is a 24 year old player, not a guy who is on the downhill side. If Dallas could pull this trade we would be getting a player who is just now hitting his prime.
key phrase, WITHIN REASON. Plus, I'm not eager to ship a 1st to NY for a guy who plays safety. Good as he is, I wouldnt send anything more than a 2nd and a future pick.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
key phrase, WITHIN REASON. Plus, I'm not eager to ship a 1st to NY for a guy who plays safety. Good as he is, I wouldnt send anything more than a 2nd and a future pick.

I tend to think Dallas will have a good season and be drafting in the later part of the 1st rd next season. If I am right would you be willing to draft a late 1st for a top safety? I could understand the argument of not drafting a safety as a top 5 or even top 10. Draft picks are used to bring in quality players, we all agree on that however Adams is a guy who has proven his talent unlike a rookie where you never know how they may pan out or not, so for me I don't mind giving a 1st on a player who is proven and is just now getting into the prime of his career.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I tend to think Dallas will have a good season and be drafting in the later part of the 1st rd next season. If I am right would you be willing to draft a late 1st for a top safety? I could understand the argument of not drafting a safety as a top 5 or even top 10. Draft picks are used to bring in quality players, we all agree on that however Adams is a guy who has proven his talent unlike a rookie where you never know how they may pan out or not, so for me I don't mind giving a 1st on a player who is proven and is just now getting into the prime of his career.
i see your point and its valid. BUT what will he ask for as a contract? My guess is he will want a top dollar deal. We would be hard pressed to do that. Then the issue is, we gave up a first to rent a guy for a year then lose him! lol Thats the risk. Not to be contrary, just asking, are we sure he's worth it? He does play safety and while he is good, I dont see him as that final piece. He has issues that concern me if Im giving up a ton to land him.For a 2nd, I do it in a heart beat. Thats a fair reasonable deal.

Rayman70

Reaction score
ARE WE 100% SURE we don't have a good safety on the roster? What about Donovan Wilson? Are we ready to say he's not the answer? I think its a slippery slope.

Carson

Reaction score
ARE WE 100% SURE we don't have a good safety on the roster? What about Donovan Wilson? Are we ready to say he's not the answer? I think its a slippery slope.

Ehhh I have no dog in this race.

But Wilson’s ceiling is a solid NFL starter. He’s not Adams. That’s no knock on Wilson as few are as solid as Adams. Wilson is affordable, hard working and knows his safety coach who will get the most out of him.

But people here seem to anoint Wilson as if has the pedigree of a guy like Adams.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Ehhh I have no dog in this race.

But Wilson’s ceiling is a solid NFL starter. He’s not Adams. That’s no knock on Wilson as few are as solid as Adams. Wilson is affordable, hard working and knows his safety coach who will get the most out of him.

But people here seem to anoint Wilson as if has the pedigree of a guy like Adams.
well I would never put him at the same level as Adams. But as you said, I think he can play well. He doesn't need to be Adams. I want that dog to work and play hard, striving to show his worth. SOMETIMES thats what you need to build a winning team..those mudders that no one gave a 2nd look at that want to be great. THATS WILSON.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
i see your point and its valid. BUT what will he ask for as a contract? My guess is he will want a top dollar deal. We would be hard pressed to do that. Then the issue is, we gave up a first to rent a guy for a year then lose him! lol Thats the risk. Not to be contrary, just asking, are we sure he's worth it? He does play safety and while he is good, I dont see him as that final piece. He has issues that concern me if Im giving up a ton to land him.For a 2nd, I do it in a heart beat. Thats a fair reasonable deal.

contract is a concern however just like Cooper if you pull this trade it will not be for 1 year, it will be done with a multi year contract just as it was in Cooper case it was a 5 year deal so all those talking about him being a 1 year player were completely wrong. There is no way Dallas would do this trade without getting him under a long term deal. In terms of final piece? he is a quality player you win with quality players, if he is out there creating turnovers, getting sacks then he is doing thing to help his team win.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
We need to put this pipe dream to rest, he's not coming here.

I've been totally in line with this thinking all along. According to Adams, the Jets made promises they didn't keep, in terms of actually trying to trade him, as they claim. If Adams refuses to show up for camp, it seems they'd be forced to either submit to his wishes or leave him to wait it out.

Last edited: