Twitter: Slater: Keep an eye on Trysten Hill at 58

Sydla

Reaction score
Yep. "Negatives: Work ethic and maturity". Same knocks on Taco and he fooled old man Rod and Mgmt. into thinking he was a great guy. Like someone else said: keep Rod the hell away from this process. I don't know what kind of trance he has over the below average Mgmt. of this team but it's strong. Unreal.

I like Hill.

In the 3rd. Not at 58.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
That is a solid pick but I prefer they land one of the S's first.

On another note Jane Slater is a total babe.

Carson

Reaction score
Everything I've seen has him going in the third round. Hill is one of those / player as in DT1/DT3 he can play both. A lot of mock draft have him going to Dallas in the 3rd

And I’m completely happy with him in the 3rd! He was valued earlier as a 5-6 guy.

Just at 58 we need a playmaker. Not a guy who will sit out a year. We are on the cusp of taking the next step. Thornhill does that. Adderly does that.

Hill is just meh at 58

DBOY3141

Reaction score
And I’m completely happy with him in the 3rd! He was valued earlier as a 5-6 guy.

Just at 58 we need a playmaker. Not a guy who will sit out a year. We are on the cusp of taking the next step. Thornhill does that. Adderly does that.

Hill is just meh at 58
can't trade up. can't trade back. Thornhill and Adderly are gone...which is very possible. What playmaker you taking at 58? Just curious. My choice is Thornhill, but I think he's gone.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Im ok with Hill at 58 only if DEs Ferguson and Allen....and the usual suspects at S(Adderly,Thornhill,Rapp) are off the board.

boysfaninMI

Reaction score
can't trade up. can't trade back. Thornhill and Adderly are gone...which is very possible. What playmaker you taking at 58? Just curious. My choice is Thornhill, but I think he's gone.

Might have to trade up, but I doubt they will.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
With how easy it is to move up... Why not just take the actual best available player if you're stuck at 58 and then move up with your 3rd rounder and get Hill?

I've not followed the draft much this offseason but it seems like a consensus that Trysten Hill is a reach at 58 because he's closer to the 100th best player then he is the 50th.

We don't know his actual value, though. Around 100 is his value according to so-called experts, much like Travis Frederick was considered a second- or third-round value by most pundits.

If the scouts have him ranked in the range of our pick, I have no problem with Dallas taking him because someone else might have him ranked there. If they pass on someone at another position who falls to them and take him instead, that's where I have a problem with "falling in love" with a player. It's the scouts' job to gather information and determine who are the best prospects. Coaches' opinions shouldn't override all that work.

camaro69

Benched
Reaction score

Hill is just meh at 58
I love Thornhill. But Philly the same team the took a TE that they didn't need just to keep him out of Dallas is in front of us. I don't want to see this kid twice a year wearing that ugly A** green uni

DBOY3141

Reaction score
We don't know his actual value, though. Around 100 is his value according to so-called experts, much like Travis Frederick was considered a second- or third-round value by most pundits.

If the scouts have him ranked in the range of our pick, I have no problem with Dallas taking him because someone else might have him ranked there. If they pass on someone at another position who falls to them and take him instead, that's where I have a problem with "falling in love" with a player. It's the scouts' job to gather information and determine who are the best prospects. Coaches' opinions shouldn't override all that work.
Shouldn't but it does and not just with the Cowboys. Saw it last night with the raiders. How many folks had Ferrel over Josh Allen?

gimmesix

Reaction score
If it's Ferguson or Hill, I would take Ferguson.

I like Ferguson better, too. He might not have the pure speed to be an outside rusher, but the hand use and strength he shows could make him effective on the inside. I really don't see the quick penetrating ability in Hill's game.

Of course, one of the issues I have with Ferguson is that he was often lazy in pursuit. He played hard when rushing the passer, but essentially jogged when the play was away from him. So laziness might be a problem with both of these players.

I can't say I'm necessarily against either pick, though, because you get some warts in the late second round. The question is whether you think the player can overcome those warts and live up to the potential that made him second-round worthy.

I like the DBs better at 58 because I think the depth there could push a quality player to us, but if that depth gets devoured quickly in today's round, I have no problem going DL with this pick.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Shouldn't but it does and not just with the Cowboys. Saw it last night with the raiders. How many folks had Ferrel over Josh Allen?

And the question is whether the Raiders got it right. Maybe several other teams also had Ferrel rated that high or maybe it was just the Raiders. The problem for the Raiders is that they have not established a reputation for it being anything other than the Raiders being the Raiders.

Carson

Reaction score

I just let the board come to you and go BPA.

Samuel is also another possibility

I’m just not seeing it with Hill. He comes in and takes limited snaps this year. But the commitment issues and immaturity scare me off. If you take a guy like that, he better be elite. Hill is not

DBOY3141

Reaction score
I just let the board come to you and go BPA.

Samuel is also another possibility

I’m just not seeing it with Hill. He comes in and takes limited snaps this year. But the commitment issues and immaturity scare me off. If you take a guy like that, he better be elite. Hill is not
I've said it already this morning, but it will be interesting if Samuel is there. i think whoever goes at 58, will have limited snaps this year. The staff can sometimes be hard headed with players. They love Heath, so I dont' see a rookie safety starting. WR - will be tough with Coop, Gallup, Cobb and austin above him.