Video: Slater: Sticking point with Dak still length of contract

Mr_437

Reaction score
Wasn't this the report a month or two ago? So now recycling the same info is a story, ok.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure because the Cowboys have a reputation of being unfair to their top players!

Not!
My comment has nothing to do with the Cowboys treating them bad. It's a negotiating, not a show of affection or an act of kindness. The holdup on getting the contract done could just as easily be on the Cowboys taking a hard line as Dak taking a hard line.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
DakStans...out in full force again today...lol. Dak does understand his demands are really turning a lot of fans against him for not his play, but his greed. It's going to be hard to root for this kid, and I've been a Cowboy fan my whole life and have not had this feeling about a player.

DakStans, unite!

Cowfan75

Reaction score
DakStans...out in full force again today...lol. Dak does understand his demands are really turning a lot of fans against him for not his play, but his greed. It's going to be hard to root for this kid, and I've been a Cowboy fan my whole life and have not had this feeling about a player.

DakStans, unite!

It was already hard to root for him because of his mediocre play.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Hell if he wants a shorter deal give him 2 years
If he wants 2 years...

show him the door.

Reminds my of my divorce.

I'll take the Big Screen and you take the 3 piece couch.

No..I want the TV and you take the couch.

Ok, then I want the mower and tools.

No, I need the mower. You can have the bar stuff.

Ok...ok.

Can we just do this another day? I got a headache.

Sure, call my attorney.

Two weeks later..it goes on.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
If he wants 2 years...

show him the door.

Reminds my of my divorce.

I'll take the Big Screen and you take the 3 piece couch.

No..I want the TV and you take the couch.

Ok, then I want the mower and tools.

No, I need the mower. You can have the bar stuff.

Ok...ok.

Can we just do this another day? I got a headache.

Sure, call my attorney.

Two weeks later..it goes on.
My one divorce...
"You can't have the dog. Take whatever you want, but the dog is mine."

BatteryPowered

Reaction score
If the sticking point really is the number of years, what is the reason NOT to take this approach?

Place the Non-exclusive tag on Dak (saves the team $6 million against the cap). Publicly state that both sides are very close when it comes to amounts, but Dak refuses to commit long-term to the Cowboys. Draft another QB in a little more than one month and imply that the franchise doesn't see itself tagging Dak a second time.

I understand the odds are better that you miss than hit when drafting a QB. But if another team makes Dak a "market setting offer", take the draft picks and move on. If you miss in this draft, you have extra high picks to bundle and move WAY up to take another shot.

IMO...if this really is about years, Dak loses than PR fight.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
My one divorce...
"You can't have the dog. Take whatever you want, but the dog is mine."
I had a buddy who had a thing like that, too.

He lost and the wife got the dog.

Shortly later, dog got cancer and $4000 later had a limb amputated and they put him down.

The ex wife tried to get her ex-husband to pickup some of the cost.

He said no.

Sometimes you do not want to win, baby.

:omg:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
If the sticking point really is the number of years, what is the reason NOT to take this approach?

Place the Non-exclusive tag on Dak (saves the team $6 million against the cap). Publicly state that both sides are very close when it comes to amounts, but Dak refuses to commit long-term to the Cowboys. Draft another QB in a little more than one month and imply that the franchise doesn't see itself tagging Dak a second time.

I understand the odds are better that you miss than hit when drafting a QB. But if another team makes Dak a "market setting offer", take the draft picks and move on. If you miss in this draft, you have extra high picks to bundle and move WAY up to take another shot.

I get ya.

The Cowboys brought this on themselves.

Too early on Dak baited them with his "I want to be a Cowboy for life" schtick.

He just wants to be rich for life.

Once Jerrah in his infinite wisdom said "we want you too"..

that was the kiss of death.

Dak set the hook and is now reeling Jerrah in for the kill.

Now Amari "Wants to be a Cowboy for life".

Nonsense.

I could do without either frankly.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score

Dak will just play on the franchise tag and then in all likelihood be the most desired free agent qb next year