Video: Slater: Sticking point with Dak still length of contract

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This works both ways. Maybe in 4 years we are glad that we are able to get rid of Dak.

I have to agree. Its seems perfect to me. Give him 4 and reevaluate. Dont get greedy. Dak would be stupid to sign a 7 year deal at this level anyway.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Goes both ways because most of Dak's hard core supporters also hate Romo so there's that.

But this isn't about Romo..

Move on.
I should move on from what.
Oh!
You assume I support Dak.

I get it.
The lazy do such things.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Since we are all going to die with the virus and we will be playing games in empty venues, Prescott needs to reconsider his stance.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Has there ever been a rookie QB that leads his team to the Super Bowl? Answer is no.
Stauback did in 1972.

He was technically a rookie although we know he had been in the service.

The year before we lost the SB with Craig Morton. Morton had been our QB since 1969 I believe succeeding Meredith.

I mean maybe a rookie we might need a year like Mahomes needed this year.

But we have moved away from a QB to get a new one before and won.

So it's not impossible and we have done it before.

:D

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Stauback did in 1972.

He was technically a rookie although we know he had been in the service.

The year before we lost the SB with Craig Morton. Morton had been our QB since 1969 I believe succeeding Meredith.

I mean maybe a rookie we might need a year like Mahomes needed this year.

But we have moved away from a QB to get a new one before and won.

So it's not impossible and we have done it before.

:D
Staubachs first year in the NFL was 1969. Get your facts straight. Not cool to post what you say is facts but are lies.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If you won't pay him what he feels he deserves, just trade him. Don't make a mockery of the situation like Washington did.
They can't trade him without tagging. Otherwise, he is a free agent and can just walk and find his own deal.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No lies.

Just to the best of my knowledge.

In 1969 I think Stauback was in the Navy still. We will check.

I'm the meantime, check your diapers.

You need a change. And to grow up a little.
Staubach won the Heisman trophy in 1963 playing for the Navy. He served 6 years in the Navy and didn't join the Cowboys until 1969. He played 11 seasons with the Cowboys.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Staubachs first year in the NFL was 1969. Get your facts straight. Not cool to post what you say is facts but are lies.
I looked up Google on Roger.

He first played in 1969. Could not find his stats.

Morton played in '71 and was QB while being the starter.

Rodger started in '72 and won the SB.

Lied is a peculiar word for using my memory and not Wikipedia like you used.

And one year off?

Rockport...you need a time out. I can hit the ignore button if you want.

Just tell me how you prefer to handle it.

I don't want an apology.

Just try to behave.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No lies.

Just to the best of my knowledge.

In 1969 I think Stauback was in the Navy still. We will check.

I'm the meantime, check your diapers.

You need a change. And to grow up a little.
No need to check. I watched him on my TV. Don’t come here an lie. Others will believe you. You also lied again when you said you were only a year off but you said he did it in 72 so you were 3 years off. Get a grip.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This has been told to many over and over again. Its so much the money as it is the length. Dak only wants 4 years.

Bottom line is that the Cowboys need to just give him the 4 year deal at the 33 or 35 million and be done with it. Its a safer play anyway. this gives them 4 years of Dak and they can move on if they want to. Develop a young guy during that time. If Dak is all world at the end of 4 years then you either franchise him for two years or pay him again.

At the end of the day the Cowboys are going to cave. If they franchise him and wait another year the price is just going to go up.

The trolls should all be happy with a 4 year deal over a 7 year one.

1000%........

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

This is a good agent doing his job. The new CBA is going to raise the cap with a new 17 game format. The new TV deal thats about to come up is going raise the cap alot more. All these agents know this so expect more players signing shorter deals to get a piece of that new money thats about to come into play.

But looking at the history of Jerry and his QBs, theyre going to get paid their money and more. He did it with Aikman and then with Romo. Dak should realize this. I understood why Elliot played hardball because of posistion so this would be his first and only big deal. Dak is going to end up with probably more contracts before his time is done and not to mention the endorsements hes going to get just because he's the QB of the Cowboys. If he wants to be paid the most out of everybody let him do it on another team. Love the way he plays and what he brings to the team, but not at the expense of not being able to get a guy or two they need because they paid extra.

He would get this team 2 RD1 picks. And a team like Miami i think would give it up too.

At the end i think a deal will get done and probably 35-36mil AAV. 5 yrs 175mil 60mil SB 112mil guranteed

yr1 15mil base fully guaranteed 12mil prorated signing bonus. 27mil fully guranteed
yr2 20mil base fully guaranteed 12mil prorated signing bonus. 32mil fully guranteed
new tv deal probably kicks in here, cap goes up alot
yr3 25mil base fully guaranteed 12mil prorated signing bonus. 37mil fully guranteed
yr4 23mil base 4mil guaranteed 12mil prorated signing bonus. 35mil 16mil guaranteed

This is where they can restructure and give him an ext. Deal number 2 and get more money

131mil paid in the first 4 yrs leaving 44mil that can be used as SB money for the ext.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
There are several people in here expressing how they’re tired of Dak. He’s “causing drama”, “ungrateful”, or whatever other BS they’re spewing.

He’s causing drama by... not signing a contract? That’s it? That’s the whole ordeal? Throughout this entire negotiation process, Dak and his camp haven’t made a peep. How is that dramatic?

This is a business, Dak knows that. He’s not being “ungrateful”. He’s not causing drama. He’s being an intelligent businessman.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
There are several people in here expressing how they’re tired of Dak. He’s “causing drama”, “ungrateful”, or whatever other BS they’re spewing.

He’s causing drama by... not signing a contract? That’s it? That’s the whole ordeal? Throughout this entire negotiation process, Dak and his camp haven’t made a peep. How is that dramatic?

This is a business, Dak knows that. He’s not being “ungrateful”. He’s not causing drama. He’s being an intelligent businessman.
Neither side is saying much. Most is speculation. Thats a good thing. Fans just have zero patience, so if theres no news its obvious the world is ending.