Slater with a quote from a Cowboy source on free agency

RFABR

Reaction score
Well, maybe by the 3rd FA wave there will be guys calling us hoping to get the Whataburger (or Papa John's, by choice) coupons

rockj7

Reaction score
I mean they were in on Moss but his contract was too steep apparantly. Richest sports team in the world with the cheapest owners. The only thing All In with the Jones boys is the money is All In their pockets....
Maybe more paternity test and child support payments , are coming. When I heard Jerry had to take a paternity test I was relived. At least Jerry is not just screwing us Cowboy fan's.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
It's usually the WR we screw and go into camp thinking we can do it with nothing. Doing it with offensive line and RB this year. Coach Mac has no chance.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Only way to force change...............
It won't happen. People will simply sell the seats and it will be purchased by some opposing teams fan. People have been complaining for years at how much of a neutral site Jerry world feels like. You think that's by accident? Jerry wants it that way because at the end of the day a buck that came out of the pocket of a fan is the same as a buck that came out of the pocket of a hater.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
The fact they imply that they wait for players to call them in order to even just discuss a deal is rather alarming.
Yep. No plan, just a cheap business model based on bargain FAs and optimistic draft picks. And the entitlement that they feel everyone gets with a Star on their helmet even though we haven't won squat in 30 years.

Mr_437

Reaction score
The fact they imply that they wait for players to call them in order to even just discuss a deal is rather alarming.
I think it's worse than we think, especially after hearing what Capboy did when a potential trade partner called...now this.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I mean they were in on Moss but his contract was too steep apparantly. Richest sports team in the world with the cheapest owners. The only thing All In with the Jones boys is the money is All In their pockets....
They are not being cheap because they lack funds. How do you not know this?

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
But cap he'll is a myth!!
Serious question...

Is it really the cap, or are they just too cheap outside of the QB position. A little bit of both can be true.

Circumventing the salary cap, which went way up this year btw, is not that difficult to do, as evidenced with other franchises.

Plus, I'm going to ask a question that I've always wanted to: let's say you go over the cap by 5-10M. What are the ramifications? What is the commish going to do in terms of punishment? I'll hang up and listen for a response.

slick325

Reaction score
They're a joke! Lol...after being a 2 seed who never loses at home with a shot at finally making the NFC Championship game...to the most embarrassing playoff loss in team history. Then to respond by doing the same thing you always do in free agency versus addressing being able to get over the hump with players that fill immediate holes on defense is indefensible.

They can draft a rookie RB. I know that. But to sit on your hands and now HAVE to draft a RB1. Smh...

JBS

Reaction score
I understand this sucks.

But the reason this year for it being even more bleak than past years is obvious.

That reason will reveal itself soon. The end is near.
Listen, what you are saying is true, well at least half of it. But let’s not get it twisted, this is how we operate every year. Whether the qb is hitting 60m against the cap or not. This is standard protocol. This is how we operated when the qb was hitting 1M against the cap on a rookie contract.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Great!

Biggest requirement: Cheap!

:facepalm:
mark my words in the next 5 years if NO championship comes the Jones will sell the cowboys for 25Billion and split it with the kids. Stephen is ready to retire and Dad is 1 foot in the grave.