Slater with a quote from a Cowboy source on free agency

Chuck 54

Reaction score
When you spend money like drunken sailors and box yourself in with Dak's contract this is what is left to spend.
Wake up. This has absolutely nothing to do with Dak’s contract. He hasn’t been near the top in cap hit in any year until now. They built in restructures that would lower his cap hit significantly without even having his permission. They don’t want to free up money yet because they don’t want to spend it.

I can assure you, Dak will be restructured or get a new contract with a low cap hit for at least the next two years, but every penny will be spent on Lamb and Parsons. Jerry could have easily gone all in on 2024, but then he would likely lose Lamb or Parsons a year from now. Our lack of activity has very little to do with Dak. It’s all about doing that when he is ready to hand Lamb and Parsons their deals this summer.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Yallz guys don't get it do ya........the Joneses said all in meaning all in on a rebuild!

kevm3

Reaction score
Cowboys fans need to stop 'affording merchandise and tickets'. The front office is ultra cheaping out and the Jones boys can keep doing it because they are still getting paid.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It could take a bad season to keep the Joneses from sitting on their hands and we appear to be heading in that direction. Appears they’re banking on having a great draft. Good luck!

phildadon86

Reaction score
It could take a bad season to wake the Joneses up and we appear to be heading in that direction.
Last time they had a bad season. Dak saved Garretts job.

Also they drafted Zeke. Then Jaylon smith with a top of the second selection.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
I’m sure in typical fashion how we operate once the dust settles we’ll get someone like Eric Kendricks.

Very frustrating

Kumala808

Reaction score
wish mac would have the balls and say *** are we doing? or a player, cause this same ole way of running a team is just frustrating from a fans point of view.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
They know we’re gonna hold our higher paid players for the lack of free agency action then we will the joneses. That sort of thing is baked into this fan bases dna and part of the raisin why we are the most valuable franchise in the whirled without winning anything of consequence since I was a senior in HS

Kwyn

Reaction score
At some point the Cowboys are hurting the shield by this stupidity. Seems like a lack of organizational control similar to when Briles and Baylor let his players rape all those girls and covered it up.
We’ve had that in Dallas before and it’s not the current team.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here goes my conspiracy theory. Mike McCarthy out as soon as possible.