Slater with a quote from a Cowboy source on free agency

FLWarpigrpig

Reaction score
Serious question...

Is it really the cap, or are they just too cheap outside of the QB position. A little bit of both can be true.

Circumventing the salary cap, which went way up this year btw, is not that difficult to do, as evidenced with other franchises.

Plus, I'm going to ask a question that I've always wanted to: let's say you go over the cap by 5-10M. What are the ramifications? What is the commish going to do in terms of punishment? I'll hang up and listen for a response.
My comment was tongue in cheek.

To answer your question, you can't go over the cap. The NFL will not approve the contract if it puts the team over the cap.

fivetwos

Reaction score
It's seriously time to blow it all up and start fresh.
Not yet.

These two need 2-3 bad seasons doing it their way, then be forced to hire someone to run the rebuild.

This GM by committee sham to make it seem like Jerry is the man isnt going to work, and by no means deserves to.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It simply means were going all in. We should be fine.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I hope Dak leaves. CeeDee walks and Parsons. This is a JOKE organization and any free agent coming here except for money should be locked up for mental test. And all these worthless Cowboy fan's showing up for games are...IMHO...worse than Jerry!! Keep the circus and money going, fans :oldcouple: :facepalm:Always love the Cowboys but I hope they go 0-17 for the next decade.........as long as Jones lives....He doesn't deserve anything less.....

Surfguy

Reaction score
The team is broken...from the top to the bottom...to the right to the left. Broken.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Running back is the least of this teams concern. We could get a starter in round 2 or even 3. Brooks, Wright, Allen and Benson are my favorites and at least 2 should be available in late round 2.

heir

Reaction score
The problem with this organization is they have one bad FA signing (Carr. For the record, the signing was not as bad as people say it was) then they say we won't ever do that again. They spend money on Zeke, doesn't work out in the end and they say, we won't ever do that again. Like get over it. One bad contract doesn't mean not to ever do it again.