CFZ Smart move will let both Zeke/Pollard go!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I know the Joneses always play this song and dance. They don’t want to embarrass Zeke. I trusted Dez and TO more when decided to move on from them so you never know.
Also, have to factor that Zeke is a very poor fit in a WCO that requires the backs to play a big role in the passing game.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
All the hits and two knee injuries have taken a toll on Zeke. I also believe you could see Pollard wasn’t as explosive at the end after having more touches than any point in his career. You just can’t dump large sums of the cap at RB in today’s NFL

foofighters

Reaction score
How many starters in this league has Pollard's home run burst ? ... a handful ?
I don't disagree. But do you take a chance on that ankle now? We've overpaid for RB's before in the past (Zeke, DeMarco and MBIII). I am not saying don't do it but we need to exercise caution with him.

LittleD

Reaction score
Actually, anyone not that productive or on the high side of 30 should hit the road Jack!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
.....sounds like the Fantasy Football approach to me.
This is happening in today's game. The days of taking an elite top 5 back appear over. It's now more a passing league, where teams know they can find productive backs late in the draft.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
In fairness Zeke would have been top 5 or even top 3 without pollard.. But the point I was referring to is if you want a good back I would say 25-45 is the sweet spot to get a good RB.
he could not have. not the way he is today. we would end up with a lot of 2nd and 3rd and long and forced to go to a passing game and that's playing into the defenses hand. zeke was good. he still has the vision, but he just doesn't have the physical ability to do it any more.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I could live with either running back at 26, Gibbs is similar to Kamara.
Which is why I want Robinson. Kamara isnt built to be a lead back and run between the tackles. Hence why Kamara has 1135 carries and Zeke has 1885 carries. I would keep Pollard and draft Robinson if he is there at 26.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Which is why I want Robinson. Kamara isnt built to be a lead back and run between the tackles. Hence why Kamara has 1135 carries and Zeke has 1885 carries. I would keep Pollard and draft Robinson if he is there at 26.
Many are hopeful Robinson falls that far, but I just don't see it, if this was a draft 10 years ago, he would be a top 5 pick.

Cmac

Reaction score
This is happening in today's game. The days of taking an elite top 5 back appear over. It's now more a passing league, where teams know they can find productive backs late in the draft.
That's true....but if you see a RB running over everyone, every game and with astronomical numbers against decent competition....for example 200 yds or more rushing in some games....you go Hmmm. And as the RB value decreases......you can bet a RB that outperforms a rookie contract and does well in those years in the NFL.....he is gonna be asking for his money. And we all know a RB gets one chance to go big in money.

Same with QBs.......look good, get awards.....and sometimes flop. But if you're a decent to great QB.....you're sure to get more than one chance to hit a bettter payday in contract talks. We understand that.

We also understand........The draft is always a gamble. Cowboys need to hit the smaller schools and HBCUs too......to find the country-strong guy, with a mean streak, that runs or has footwork like a deer. Erik Williams and Larry Allen come to mind, immediately. Defense.....I think of Too Tall Jones, Harvey Martins, Hollywood Hendersons......know they're hard to find, but harder if you don't look.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
And do what, and u known commodity. That would really help out 4, who needs all the help he can get to look like a legitimate franchise qb
How did the run game help anyone vs. the 49ers? Except the 49ers.
We didn't sniff 100 yards collectively. In a playoff game!

Everyone likes to mention the "No.1 offense" but never the important games.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Perfect world you can replace Pollard and then find a short-yardage back. Even good sign a cheap veteran for the latter to replace Zeke.
The blueprint has been presented. Take a page out of Philly & the 49ers RB system. Just bring piles of them and churn them forward. We have fans still complaining about Elliott getting drafted & then extended, but want to draft Robinson.

MMILLER360

Reaction score
I think they bring him back. Maybe he does a one year deal close to what the tag is to prove the leg is ok. Zeke, send him out to the pasture. Its been proven besides maybe Chubb of late, you cant give RB second contracts.

cnuball21

Reaction score
The blueprint has been presented. Take a page out of Philly & the 49ers RB system. Just bring piles of them and churn them forward. We have fans still complaining about Elliott getting drafted & then extended, but want to draft Robinson.
This times a million.

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
This times a million.
I'll add, you have to have a system and staff in place that gets all they can out of the run game. Which, we really haven't on a consistent basis since what, 2007?

How crazy is it that we've has essentially the same offensive scheme, run game & route concepts from 16 years ago?!?!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
There is no need to draft another high running back, they can be found later in the draft. Pollard was a 4th rd pick.

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
There is no need to draft another high running back, they can be found later in the draft. Pollard was a 4th rd pick.
Totally agree. I wouldn't draft any earlier than the 3rd, but hopefully the 4th and later. Plus, I'd grab a couple from FA.

quickccc

Reaction score
huh?....niners just gave up multiple high picks in this upcoming draft class to trade and get a RB ....much so taking on his mega contract,
..how is that bunching a pile of RBs to churn forward..??,,,how is that a blueprint ..?

Last edited:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
huh?....niners just gave up virtually an entire draft class to trade and get a RB ....much less taking on his mega contract,
..how is that bunching a pile of RBs to churn forward..??,,,how is that a blueprint ..?
You picked the one outlier.
The last few seasons they had many plugged in.