SNF: Bills at Chiefs

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or it could be their receivers are hard to cover, and sometimes taking a 5 yard holding penalty is better than giving up a big play?

Just saying.

I often said Mahomes looks great because his receivers seem to be always open. Therefore helping him out. When covered and contested not so much. :laugh:
Now this can be said for most QBs, and obviously saying this with a little tongue in cheek approach. As obviously Mahomes is a great QB.
But his open receivers strength is also our defense weakness at the moment.

Hope fully DLaw is back that game so we can get better consistent pressure and sacks.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok, so here is the Bills chance to take control. Or at least put more pressure on KC.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I often said Mahomes looks great because his receivers seem to be always open. Therefore helping him out. When covered and contested not so much. :laugh:
Now this can be said for most QBs, and obviously saying this with a little tongue in cheek approach. As obviously Mahomes is a great QB.
But his open receivers strength is also our defense weakness at the moment.

Hope fully DLaw is back that game so we can get better consistent pressure and sacks.

Biggest issue Mahomes has is pass protection. If the Cowboys keep getting pressure the DBs won't have to cover for long.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
KC's defense is why I'm no longer fearing the Cowboys game there. They're going to need a lot of points to keep up because their defense isn't stopping Dallas.

But we're going to need to use a lot of silent count snaps with how loud Arrowhead can get.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I have to admit, I thought Josh Allen was going to be a bust pick. As a Boise State fan I watched him play against us a few times and was never impressed. I was wrong, he has turned into a really good NFL QB.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
That's pretty much every Chiefs game this season, Mahomes trying to outscore his own defense.

Honestly, with that new offensive line he's got, we might actually have a chance with our defence. If DLaw is healthy, he, Osa, Gregory, and Parsons could really make for a bad time for Mahomes. IF we can pressure him like the Bucs and Chargers did (and we have the defence I think), I think we can win that.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Honestly, with that new offensive line he's got, we might actually have a chance with our defence. If DLaw is healthy, he, Osa, Gregory, and Parsons could really make for a bad time for Mahomes. IF we can pressure him like the Bucs and Chargers did (and we have the defence I think), I think we can win that.

Dallas pressured Herbert more than anyone else has and held them to 17 points. That's the key for any QB.

I don't care how great they are, if they're running for their life all night they're going to have issues.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Dallas pressured Herbert more than anyone else has and held them to 17 points. That's the key for any QB.

I don't care how great they are, if they're running for their life all night they're going to have issues.

Exactly, and Mahomes is no different. He's their running game. They're about as one dimensional as it gets. So, we should be able to just focus on Mahomes and keep Diggs on Mahomes, and we should be fine.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Exactly, and Mahomes is no different. He's their running game. They're about as one dimensional as it gets. So, we should be able to just focus on Mahomes and keep Diggs on Mahomes, and we should be fine.

I think I'd rather keep Diggs on Hill, but I know what you meant. :laugh:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think I'd rather keep Diggs on Hill, but I know what you meant. :laugh:

Oooof! Yeah, I meant Hill lol. Especially with the fact that Diggs now is getting a reputation that, unless you're about to make your best throw on a long ball, do not even think about throwing his direction. It will be intercepted otherwise.