SNF: Bills at Chiefs

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Only way KC wins now is if Buffalo helps them.

Bills are playing two-deep safeties, KC can't/won't run the ball, and Mahomes wants the big play but all they're giving him are short routes. He's holding the ball and they're pressuring him. Coupled with KC's Swiss cheese defense it's not a recipe for success.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
Only way KC wins now is if Buffalo helps them.

Bills are playing two-deep safeties, KC can't/won't run the ball, and Mahomes wants the big play but all they're giving him are short routes. He's holding the ball and they're pressuring him. Coupled with KC's Swiss cheese defense it's not a recipe for success.
Don’t forget the zebra and Collinsworth is the worst

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I'm not calling anyone out by name but it's hilarious and sad to me that some (alleged) Cowboys fans have no interest in coming here when things are well. You know who they are, every post they make is critical of Dak, but at 4-1 they've got nothing to say. If they really are fans, how sad is it to become so invested in your negative positions that you have to hide - perhaps can't even enjoy it - when the Cowboys are winning?

Sucks to be them, I guess. Anyway, let's get this second half started.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Anyone else who may be wondering about Drew Brees’ reappearing hairline.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...brees-hair-timeline/t7zz1mbuxy8d1c0zkhox2rst0

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I don't recall a single weather delay for an NFL game in the 20th century. They played in frostbite weather, torrential rains, it didn't matter.

Now it's almost like baseball. Won't be long until every team plays on a rug in a dome.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
If I had to pick a team right now to win it all I’d pick Buffalo. They look like a dominant team.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don't recall a single weather delay for an NFL game in the 20th century. They played in frostbite weather, torrential rains, it didn't matter.

Now it's almost like baseball. Won't be long until every team plays on a rug in a dome.

This weather delay is due to electricity. There’s been delays like this before. It can be a very dangerous situation especially when you have a large group people in an area. There’s so much more going on in stadiums these days it could create a lightning strike.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Anyone else who may be wondering about Drew Brees’ reappearing hairline.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...brees-hair-timeline/t7zz1mbuxy8d1c0zkhox2rst0

Witten's was better......

Haimerej

Reaction score
FWIW, there's tornado warnings in NE OK. Not sure how bad it is a little north.

Edit* tornado watches. No touchdowns I guess. My bad

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I'm not calling anyone out by name but it's hilarious and sad to me that some (alleged) Cowboys fans have no interest in coming here when things are well. You know who they are, every post they make is critical of Dak, but at 4-1 they've got nothing to say. If they really are fans, how sad is it to become so invested in your negative positions that you have to hide - perhaps can't even enjoy it - when the Cowboys are winning?

Sucks to be them, I guess. Anyway, let's get this second half started.

You mean Pappy and WillieBeamon, right? Oh wait, sorry. I'm not using your theme of not naming names.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
This weather delay is due to electricity. There’s been delays like this before. It can be a very dangerous situation especially when you have a large group people in an area. There’s so much more going on in stadiums these days it could create a lightning strike.

Thank you for the rudimentary explanation, but I watched a lot of football in the 20th century and don't recall a single delay. I guess lightning didn't exist then.

MarcusRock

Reaction score

Not only that but people these days will sue because they spilled their soda on the way back to their seat. That McDonald's hot coffee case changed a whole lotta things. That's the reason for extra safety these days. Not the people. Lawsuit evasion.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
You mean Pappy and WillieBeamon, right? Oh wait, sorry. I'm not using your theme of not naming names.

sergeant-schultz-see-nothing-hear-nothing-know-nothing.gif

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Not only that but people these days will sue because they spilled their soda on the way back to their seat. That McDonald's hot coffee case changed a whole lotta things.

THAT is the real explanation. Weather didn't change, the litigious society changed. Same reason you can't breathe on a QB or hit a WR over the middle.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
If this game doesn't start up again soon I won't know the result until tomorrow. If it's not the Cowboys I'm not staying up late to watch.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
This sucker isn’t restarting for a while. At some point, fans aren’t going to stay.

I wonder if they would have to call the game at some juncture.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Thank you for the rudimentary explanation, but I watched a lot of football in the 20th century and don't recall a single delay. I guess lightning didn't exist then.

They’re saying it’s a rain delay. The stadium in KC must not drain well.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
They error on the side of caution these days. They’ve probably have had stadiums struck by lightning. Stadiums back in the older days didn’t have as many cameras and wiring and all the things you see today in the newer stadiums that could create a lightning strike. People have been killed by lightning strikes.

You should've stopped before the last sentence. Of course people have been killed by lightning strikes. :rolleyes:

Anyway, they're about to start. Time to watch the game.