So, does the BP era now end?

StevenOtero

Reaction score
This whole coaching staff needs to be revamped. Please bring in Jimmy Johnson...

mmohican29

Reaction score
The Cowboys came ready to play. We should have won the game. I think BP would have had a good gameplan for Chicago if we had gotten through this one.I hope he comes back. I think Romo needs him right now if he's going to make a permanent step towards being a damn good QB.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Another 9-7 season. Thats worth 5 million.

WHAT A JOKE.

Parcells should be embarrased to show his face around Dallas.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;1295170 said:
the same thing could be said about you zombies who support him too couldnt it?

I dont "hate" Parcells, I hate the fact that we are still a mediocre team after 4yrs of him being here...maybe some of you think being a borderline playoff team is fine, but some of us want to see better results

David

zombie?
dude the guy has done too much good for the team I love for my to throw him under the bus as willingly as you and others are doing. Parcells isn't the problem not even close to the problem. You want to blame someone and put the largest target squarely on the tuna's chest. Thats blind ignorance, you need someone to blame then blame the idiots missing blocking assignments Parcells cant hold their hands out there. He isn't teaching a special ed class he is teaching professional athletes.Team of young guys and veterans with the dropsies. What you want him to do?

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
dbair1967;1295170 said:
the same thing could be said about you zombies who support him too couldnt it?

I dont "hate" Parcells, I hate the fact that we are still a mediocre team after 4yrs of him being here...maybe some of you think being a borderline playoff team is fine, but some of us want to see better results

David

The team is being built, just not fast enough for some fans. I would love to see what can be done when all the pieces are in place. I also think he's building a team for more than a year or two. That's not easy to do in todays NFL. If that makes me a zombie I'm guilty.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;1295147 said:
We were in position to win that game tonight with no problem. Try looking at the mistakes the players made for a change. What could Parcells have done different? You have to agree player mistakes cost us that game, nothing else.

1) first, even if Romo didnt blow the FG, the game wasnt over

2) how do you explain one team missing 3 of its best CB's but totally shuts down our passing game, which has tremendous skill people? We hardly went after their backup CB's at all

3) how do you explain more plays where our best pass rusher (Ware) drops into coverage?

4) how do you explain the fact that bad things like what we see tonight always seem to happen?

5) 4yrs...every yr the team gets worse as the yr wears on and every yr we are playing our worst football at the end

6) this was an incredibly healthy team this yr...and we still couldnt win the division or win a playoff game

7) Parcells is barely .500 in 4yrs...no division titles, no playoff wins

David

STSINAZ

Reaction score
james needs to go IMO...he cant cover...roy needs to lose 15 pounds...he cant cover either...thats why we lost...hands down

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
34-31 isn't it? He upgraded our roster for 4 years and we went 9-7 and totally collapsed down the stretch and lost a playoff game. Time to move on gang.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
dbair1967;1295241 said:

2) how do you explain one team missing 3 of its best CB's but totally shuts down our passing game, which has tremendous skill people? We hardly went after their backup CB's at all

3) how do you explain more plays where our best pass rusher (Ware) drops into coverage?

4) how do you explain the fact that bad things like what we see tonight always seem to happen?

5) 4yrs...every yr the team gets worse as the yr wears on and every yr we are playing our worst football at the end

6) this was an incredibly healthy team this yr...and we still couldnt win the division or win a playoff game

David

And we still managed to be better than twenty other teams.:D

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
So now our young guys have to learn a whole new system with a new coach, with new philosophies, and I doubt there will be anyone who can control T.O. as well as BP did. Be careful what you wish for.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;1295255 said:

ohhh thats not saying much all those teams were worse than us...

gbrittain

Reaction score
dbair1967;1295241 said:

David

I am not trying to sound over dramatic, but I am dead serious when I say:

How in the world does Parcells still have supporters around here. It is almost like when a judge lets a very bad guy go because of his childhood was rough or some crap. Point is, I can not wrap my head around it.

I promise you if you give Campo the same talent that BP has he could do 9-7 and no playoff wins in four years or better.

That coach from Boise would have dropped about 60 points in the Seattle secondary. Unexcusable to not even TRY to go deep. Not even try. Beyond unbelievable.

alancdc

Reaction score
gbrittain;1295299 said:

How in the world does Parcells still have supporters around here. It is almost like when a judge lets a very bad guy go because of his childhood was rough or some crap. Point is, I can not wrap my head around it.

I promise you if you give Campo the same talent that BP has he could do 9-7 and no playoff wins in four years or better.

That coach from Boise would have dropped about 60 points in the Seattle secondary. Unexcusable to not even TRY to go deep. Not even try. Beyond unbelievable.

If you are comparing Boise and the NFL you are insane. Second, Campo. nevermind.

gbrittain

Reaction score
GoinForSix;1295278 said:
So now our young guys have to learn a whole new system with a new coach, with new philosophies, and I doubt there will be anyone who can control T.O. as well as BP did. Be careful what you wish for.

I feel about BP like I did with TO coming on board.

I did not see TO coming here as a big risk, because it was not like we some kind of world beaters or anything. What was the risk really?

Now I feel what do we have to lose by jettisoning BP? Another near .500 season and quick exit from the playoffs.

People got tired of thee seasons of 5-11 under Campo, now I am getting tired of the near .500 ball and no playoff victories for four consecutive years.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
gbrittain;1295299 said:

tony makes the decision who to throw the ball to not parcells
just an fyi

gbrittain

Reaction score
alancdc;1295331 said:
If you are comparing Boise and the NFL you are insane. Second, Campo. nevermind.

You obviously missed the concept. The concept is when a team has a glaring weakness you attack it as opposed to staying away from it like Dallas did.

You can nevermind Campo if you want to, but on game day he did not 1/3 of the talent this team has. Parcells can on average roughly win three and a half more games a year than Campo could. I did not make that up...it is a statistical fact.

BPs job was not come in here a be better than Campo. The objective was much higher.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dave_in-NC;1295255 said:
If that were the goal then we would all be happy tonight.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
alancdc;1295331 said:

I dont think he is comparing Boise to the NFL...I think he means that their coach is aggressive and would have went after the obvious weaknesses in Seattle's D alot more than our people did

as for the Campo comment, I agree with him...I think Campo could coach this team to a 9-7 record and never win a playoff game...we have a good bit of talent

David

gbrittain

Reaction score
stealth;1295381 said:
tony makes the decision who to throw the ball to not parcells
just an fyi

So you think Parcells game plan was to attack their pathetic secondary, but Romo decided that was not the best thing to do?