So, does the BP era now end?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Yeah, and for a healthy team playing teams every week that have serious injuries, we'd better be in the freaking playoffs.

But it's the game day coaching that ticks me off. He plays these close games and you can't make a living out of that.

Ware dropping deeeeeep into coverage, and Bradie James covering someone deep down field is BAD coaching, period.

My point is, it should not have come to this. This oline stinks, it shouldn't after 4 years. Our pass rush stinks, it shouldn't after 4 years. Our secondary stinks, it shouldn't after 4 years.

Carpenter and Ware, Ayodele looks okay, Aaron Glenn playing like a stud and he's old, this is just philosophically wrong for the Cowboys.

Joe a Cowboys fan

Reaction score
Hi Woods, yes I see Bill staying, I also see Z staying, yes please to drafting linemen best available this draft and on both sides of the ball. Bill brought us to the playoffs twice with Q and Romo as QB. It would be lovely to have the same QB starting as started against Seattle. Despite the large amount of grief evidenced about this game I choose to regard this game and this season as a step in the right direction and am pleased.

TtownCowboy

Reaction score
A. Parcells has 5 days after the Super Bowl to make a decisioin. This was put in his contract extension. This is per an article on this site that I'm too lazy and dejected to look up and put a link up to. I think it may have been a Mosely article

B. The decision, I believe is honestly in Parcells court. I think Jerry wants him back. Unless Jerry is lying in saying several times he wants Parcells back next year.

I'm not excatly in Parcells' corner right now. I am afraid the game has passed him by. That said we need a new D-Coordinator pronto. The sign the game was gonna be lost was none of these freak plays. Romo's botch, Glenns fumble. The one that told me we were gonna lose is when Seattle drove down for their last score. We went from the possesion before on defense attacking and stunting to that possesion of prevent and 3 down linemen going after the QB. Whether it's Parcells, Zimmer, or a combination we should have been attacking the whole game.

A side note. Carpenter should have been playing all season. Don't give me this we miss Ellis crap. The way Carp played tonight if he starts the season he could have been ROTY w/starting snaps all season. He's gonna be good.

Joe a Cowboys fan

Reaction score
Carpenter may very well be good eventually but it wasn't this season. Ellis been there and did that. Dallas tryed to replace Ellis over the last four games. With Ellis gone a lot of teams went right to where he wasn't. I would love for Dallas to drop their first rounder on a FS, CB or DE. Carpenter may get a shot at middle or interior LB next year on runing downs.

RoyBiscuit

Reaction score
Woods;1294902 said:
I wonder how long it's going to take BP to decide if he still wants to coach?

Let's all hope the decision is made as soon as possible.

He should have been gracefully shown the door in the tunnel after the game. Love a lot of the talent he's brought in here, and we'll be thanking him for that for a long time, but as far as coaching goes, its not working out.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Joe a Cowboys fan;1295714 said:
Carpenter may very well be good eventually but it wasn't this season. Ellis been there and did that. Dallas tryed to replace Ellis over the last four games. With Ellis gone a lot of teams went right to where he wasn't. I would love for Dallas to drop their first rounder on a FS, CB or DE. Carpenter may get a shot at middle or interior LB next year on runing downs.
If Parcells is coming back and we're staying in a 3-4, I would up grade James big time, and draft a pure passrusher for 3rd down and passing situations exclusively. On third down or passing situatins, I would pull Ayodele move Carpenter to ILB and Burnett, and allow the passrusher to get after it with Ware.

kdog

Reaction score
Clove;1295471 said:
Yeah, and for a healthy team playing teams every week that have serious injuries, we'd better be in the freaking playoffs.

But it's the game day coaching that ticks me off. He plays these close games and you can't make a living out of that.

Ware dropping deeeeeep into coverage, and Bradie James covering someone deep down field is BAD coaching, period.

My point is, it should not have come to this. This oline stinks, it shouldn't after 4 years. Our pass rush stinks, it shouldn't after 4 years. Our secondary stinks, it shouldn't after 4 years.

Carpenter and Ware, Ayodele looks okay, Aaron Glenn playing like a stud and he's old, this is just philosophically wrong for the Cowboys.

Ware in coverage WHY??? He is a beast and should be rushing the Damn QB. Rivera=Joke, Flo= old and slow.

Defensive play calling = horrible. Bradie james= SSSSSSLLLOOOOWWWW!!!!
Pass Rush= non-existent.. What safety can cover a receiver for 6-8 seconds. Pressuring the QB and actually sacking them helps your safety and lord knows roy needs it.

I love what newman has done however, he has been beaten like a drum lately. Cover 2 should be buried and never again revealed to this staff!

I ask? was sean peyton a great coach coming out of our organization? NNNOOO! yes we can find an aggressive young coach and a strong and innovative offensive and defensive Coordinators.

Parcells has Z_E_R_O count them Z_E_R_O playoff wins. barely over .500 and year after year collapses in December. he has brought in some good talent and made some good moves. HE is set in his ways and refuses to change with today's game.

Bill thanks for everything= GOOD BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banghead: