So is Jerry cheap? Does Jerry cave? Did Jerry get taken to the cleaners?

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
I have been saying for weeks, that there was zero chance Lamb was going to sign before Jefferson. Jefferson and Lamb have the same agent. Many in here have been saying Jerry is too dumb and should have signed Lamb months ago. Others have said he is too cheap and doesnt want to pay his players.

So now that we see that Lamb got the 2nd largest non QB contract in history, is Jerry cheap?
Was the amount and number of years predictable? I say yes... if you look back at many of us and our thoughts, we said 4 years was gonna be the length. We said below Jefferson was going to be the amount. So are these contracts actually pretty predictable?

Jamar Chase is sitting in, and reportedly wants 4 years at 160 million. So what is he going to get? Is he actually going to miss games and get those fines? Or is this going to go down the predicted path?

How are the niners doing with their tackle and Ayiuk? I hear they have a top notch front office.
Oh, by the way........ is Lamb still "Mad" at Jerry? Will he put the Cowboys back on social media now? bahaha
Jerry cost the team millions in cap dollars by letting other receivers set the market when he was never going.to let Lamb walk.

So just because he signed him doesn’t change the fact It was and is an inexcusable clown show with him.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think some people can't wrap their head around the fact star players are dealt with differently. The #53 player on a roster tries to hold out or hold in, he gets cut, but a star #1 WR is not getting cut. Jimmy cut a player that was sleeping during a meeting to send a message and when asked what if Troy slept thru a meeting. Jimmy said he'd get him a pillow.......lol
:hammer:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Jerry cost the team millions in cap dollars by letting other receivers set the market when he was never going.to let Lamb walk.

So just because he signed him doesn’t change the fact It was and is an inexcusable clown show with him.
You cant sign someone that wont sign. Jerry cost the team NOTHING. Lamb and his agent were not dumb. They knew they were getting more than all those others except Jefferson, which is why THEY waited. Spare me the Jerry is dumb talk.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
The sooner you sign them the less you pay. It's not about being smart or dumb it's about trying to conserve under the constraints of a salary cap.

Adreme

Reaction score
I have been saying for weeks, that there was zero chance Lamb was going to sign before Jefferson. Jefferson and Lamb have the same agent. Many in here have been saying Jerry is too dumb and should have signed Lamb months ago. Others have said he is too cheap and doesnt want to pay his players.

So now that we see that Lamb got the 2nd largest non QB contract in history, is Jerry cheap?
Was the amount and number of years predictable? I say yes... if you look back at many of us and our thoughts, we said 4 years was gonna be the length. We said below Jefferson was going to be the amount. So are these contracts actually pretty predictable?

Jamar Chase is sitting in, and reportedly wants 4 years at 160 million. So what is he going to get? Is he actually going to miss games and get those fines? Or is this going to go down the predicted path?

How are the niners doing with their tackle and Ayiuk? I hear they have a top notch front office.
Oh, by the way........ is Lamb still "Mad" at Jerry? Will he put the Cowboys back on social media now? bahaha
The 49ers have 6 players who were all pro last season signed to non rookie contracts. The fact that they struggle to afford a 7th is not as bad as the Cowboys who have 4 signed to non rookie contracts, two of whom are the P and K who combined are making less than some backup QBs.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The 49ers have 6 players who were all pro last season signed to non rookie contracts. The fact that they struggle to afford a 7th is not as bad as the Cowboys who have 4 signed to non rookie contracts, two of whom are the P and K who combined are making less than some backup QBs.
ahh... its nice to have a starting QB making 200 bucks and a pack of cigs for the season.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The sooner you sign them the less you pay. It's not about being smart or dumb it's about trying to conserve under the constraints of a salary cap.
when you are a top 4 player at your position, you know this, and so now the play is to wait. So no matter what the team wants to do, the player doesnt have to do anything.

You all fail to accept the fact Lamb was not signing early... PERIOD!

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
when you are a top 4 player at your position, you know this, and so now the play is to wait. So no matter what the team wants to do, the player doesnt have to do anything.

Every player signs if you make them the highest player at the time, and you negotiate fairly. You drag your feet, squeeze the player you take to heat.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Every player signs if you make them the highest player at the time, and you negotiate fairly. You drag your feet, squeeze the player you take to heat.
oh wait... so if Jerry made Lamb the highest paid Wr.. when would that have been? Lamb was NOT signing before Jefferson... period.

kskboys

Reaction score
You cant sign someone that wont sign. Jerry cost the team NOTHING. Lamb and his agent were not dumb. They knew they were getting more than all those others except Jefferson, which is why THEY waited. Spare me the Jerry is dumb talk.
Oh, Jerry is definitely football dumb, but this situation is not one of those times that shows it.

Loso86

Reaction score

Evweybody says the opposite of what he does so nobody truly knows....right now

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think some people can't wrap their head around the fact star players are dealt with differently. The #53 player on a roster tries to hold out or hold in, he gets cut, but a star #1 WR is not getting cut. Jimmy cut a player that was sleeping during a meeting to send a message and when asked what if Troy slept thru a meeting. Jimmy said he'd get him a pillow.......lol
There’s a great documentary on Netflix about Florida and Urban Myer. He flat out said he treats the stars better than the rest.

His example was he feeds the stars steak and lobster and treats the rest like crap.

The players said at least he was honest about it cause all coaches do it.

There’s a double standard in most business for the cream of the crop .

kskboys

Reaction score
There’s a great documentary on Netflix about Florida and Urban Myer. He flat out said he treats the stars better than the rest.

His example was he feeds the stars steak and lobster and treats the rest like crap.

The players said at least he was honest about it cause all coaches do it.

There’s a double standard in most business for the cream of the crop .
of course. Landry treated headcase Duane Thomas like a prince. Why? Because he was an incredible talent.

blueblood70

Reaction score

And what they actually fail to see is the fact that Justin jefferson's at that .2 years left on his contract wants to be paid now held out most of this offseason and is he giving the team a deal signing early no he actually foreseen this coming and his agent demanded here's $160 million and they were saying fully guaranteed that's $40 million per year that's the cost of signing JChase early.. Some of this fan base is stuck from things that happened a decade ago or five years ago the NFL is changing now these skill players see their worth they see what the quarterbacks are getting and now their demands are this pay me the second highest paid non quarterback salary in the NFL they want to be the highest paid player outside of the quarterback in the NFL you're not pushing these players into long cheap deals they want short expensive ones,

Now an owner/GM MUST negotiate with the cap in mind and find compromise somewhere which holds up deals.

Ayke and Trent Williams still holding out, they overpaid and gave up picks for a RB who now has slight calf issue, have another RB hurt , drafted a first round wr knew he was hurt but gambled, have nearly cost their team their future wasting 3 first rounders on Trey lance. check out here drafts from the last 5 years.

this is just ONE Team but since they seem popular around here i could add the eagles but will digress, for NOW.

but hey these traditional GMs are smarter and make far better decisions than old senile Jerry.