So the media hates the Skins huh?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
I'll warn you now. HH doesn't live in reality. There is only so much you can explain to him about logical comparisons before he completely changes the subject. He doesn't want to actually get his point across, he actually thinks if he's the last person to post in this thread than he wins. Sad, I know.

It's not realistic to compare Shawn Springs to TO, when they will be facing each other?

:rolleyes:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
First of all, Adam Archuleta is the absolute worst in coverage of any starting safety in football. So....yes

Second:

12-27-2004.ns_27CowboysTDCrayton.GEK1GSE5L.1.jpg

redbig.jpg

You were saying?

Looks like a pummeling in progress to me.:)

Kevin

Commanders Fan
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
I think it's fair to compare players to those who will be covering them.

Of course you're going to think your recieving corps is better than our secondary, if that's the case. You can't expect Shawn Springs to cover Terrell Owens man to man. You can't expect anybody to do that. While I know Cowboys fans are absolutely crazy about Terence Newman, I don't think that you guys think he's going to play Santana man to man all day.

Henry is a good #2 CB, but Brandon Lloyd is a great reciever. You guys might not be sold on him, but after seeing that catch he made against New York (even though it was called back on a O-Line penalty), it would be futile to argue against his talent.

On top of those 2 you have Randle El, who isn't a spectacular WR, but certainly brings a whole new dynamic to the offense.

Cooley's already showed what he can do, as Dallas fans witnessed last December.

Basically what I'm trying to say, is that those matchups you created, aren't a constant. The defenses and offenses are always shifting, and LBs will find themselves on TE's, Safetys will find themselves on WRs, and vice versa. Saying T.O can beat Shawn Springs is a given, but it certainly doesn't fully contribute to what he can do against a defense collectively.

That applies to all WRs- I don't want this to turn into another pathetic T.O thread.

Alexander

Reaction score
Kevin said:
Henry is a good #2 CB, but Brandon Lloyd is a great reciever. You guys might not be sold on him, but after seeing that catch he made against New York (even though it was called back on a O-Line penalty), it would be futile to argue against his talent.

"Great" receiver?

Absolutely not. "Great" receivers are consistent.

Lloyd isn't and never has been and that goes back to college. He can make highlight reel catches that make SportsCenter but rarely takes over games and gets the job done week to week.

We had a WR here once like that. His name was Alvin Harper. But being a Commanders fan you should remember his exploits in DC.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Kevin said:
Of course you're going to think your recieving corps is better than our secondary, if that's the case. You can't expect Shawn Springs to cover Terrell Owens man to man. You can't expect anybody to do that. While I know Cowboys fans are absolutely crazy about Terence Newman, I don't think that you guys think he's going to play Santana man to man all day.

On top of those 2 you have Randle El, who isn't a spectacular WR, but certainly brings a whole new dynamic to the offense.

Cooley's already showed what he can do, as Dallas fans witnessed last December.

Basically what I'm trying to say, is that those matchups you created, aren't a constant. The defenses and offenses are always shifting, and LBs will find themselves on TE's, Safetys will find themselves on WRs, and vice versa. Saying T.O can beat Shawn Springs is a given, but it certainly doesn't fully contribute to what he can do against a defense collectively.

That applies to all WRs- I don't want this to turn into another pathetic T.O thread.

As much as Greg Williams blitzs, he does leave his corners alone a lot, or at best, with one safety over the top.

Kevin

Commanders Fan
Reaction score
In response to Alexander: You're right, Lloyd does sometimes come down with a case of the dropsies. Hopefully it's something he'll grow out of. The kid is still real young, so I've got high hopes for his developement. He was actually my favorite acquisition this offseason.

In response to HH: Gregg Williams does blitz a lot- it's the key to the success of his defense. There was nothing more frustrating than watching him drop everyone back in coverage and watching Seattle pick us apart in the playoffs. He'd have to be a fool, however, to leave T.O out there with one man to beat.

I wish you guys had a multi-quote feature. :)

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
So he's been burned badly half the games he plays against Dallas :lmao2:

Well done

How you guys can maintain that that pathetic excuse for a football player is better than Roy Williams, I will never know.

I forgot, reading isn't your strong suit. I said two plays, not two games you moron. :lmao:

Yes, "well done" indeed. :)

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
It's not realistic to compare Shawn Springs to TO, when they will be facing each other?

:rolleyes:

Not the way you did it. "Owens > Springs" doesn't say much of anything. Not that I expect you to add anything with more detail anyway.

Owens has made big plays on Springs in the past. In 2004, Springs played exceptionally well on TO with occasional help over the top from Taylor, who's bigger assignment was keeping Westbrook from having a big game out of the backfield.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
I forgot, reading isn't your strong suit. I said two plays, not two games you moron. :lmao:

He's been burnt in 2 seperate games

He has played 4 games against Dallas

2/4 = 1/2

Thus, he has been burnt in half the games he has played against Dallas. Now, I understand that while reading this thread you are probably shallacking your skin tag at speeds reaching Mach 4 thinking of the great Sean Taylor, but do try to keep up.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kevin said:
In response to Alexander: You're right, Lloyd does sometimes come down with a case of the dropsies. Hopefully it's something he'll grow out of. The kid is still real young, so I've got high hopes for his developement. He was actually my favorite acquisition this offseason.

In response to HH: Gregg Williams does blitz a lot- it's the key to the success of his defense. There was nothing more frustrating than watching him drop everyone back in coverage and watching Seattle pick us apart in the playoffs. He'd have to be a fool, however, to leave T.O out there with one man to beat.

Just got to learn how to use the quote tags.:cool:

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Kevin said:
That's not Wright's fault though. That's the defensive coordinators fault, for the most part. Wright may have been responsible for it once or twice, but it's up to the defensive coordinator to recognize what's happening and change it.

Boldin is a hell of a lot better reciever than Crayton also, whom Wright will most likely be responsible for during this season's rivalry games.

Woah hoah... stop the presses. Boldin better than Crayton?? Are you serious?? WOW, you my friend are very perceptive... a genius ahead of your time. Don't go out on a limb there or anything. To which poster at ES can we give the credit for this earth-shattering statement.:cool:

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
He's been burnt in 2 seperate games

He has played 4 games against Dallas

2/4 = 1/2

Thus, he has been burnt in half the games he has played against Dallas. Now, I understand that while reading this thread you are probably shallacking your skin tag at speeds reaching Mach 4 thinking of the great Sean Taylor, but do try to keep up.

You'll have to excuse gamebreaker... he wasn't in honors algebra or anything.

Alexander

Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
You should get your eyes checked. :cool:

Right. You were the genius who stated this piece of brilliance:

Especially considering that you really think your recieving core wants any of Taylor after the various ways he's pummeled them in the past.

Looks like Glenn and Crayton got "pummelling" and liked it. You and your ilk are so fond of mentioning Taylor's hitting prowess, but won't acknowledge his coverage deficiencies which have been proven each and every meeting with Dallas. But carry on with the "pummelling" and your belief that the Cowboy WRs "don't want none of that". If "that" is how we've abused him in each game, then I'll take that "pummelling" any game.

Face it, big hits are for impressing the simple minded. And since we are using that to judge safeties, I think it's safe to say Roy Williams has more notches in his belt in that regard.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gamebreaker said:

Is that first pic the play where Crayton burned Taylor for the game winner b/c Taylor bit on the pump to Keyshawn?

Because, IIRC, Crayton kept that same drive alive a series earlier when he caught a 4th down pass in front of him, too.

Kevin

Commanders Fan
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
Woah hoah... stop the presses. Boldin better than Crayton?? Are you serious?? WOW, you my friend are very perceptive... a genius ahead of your time. Don't go out on a limb there or anything. To which poster at ES can we give the credit for this earth-shattering statement.:cool:

While my statement may have been obvious, yours holds no point. I was merely stating a fact that related directly to the conversation at hand. You, however, simply took the time of day to take a shot at another poster.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Kevin said:
In response to HH: Gregg Williams does blitz a lot- it's the key to the success of his defense.

Actually, it's not the key. It's his ability to "disguise" the blitz. He's very good at that. Perosonally, I think the Commanders have average defensive talent and can be exposed. GW is your X factor, and he provides the ability to overcompsate for this lack of talent with his schemes. The fact that you said what frustrated you in the Seattle game is him allowing everyone to be dropped back in coverage is totally misleading. What you saw was lack of talent being unable to contain the offensive schemes of Holmgren and higher talent levels, especially when it came to their O-line against your defensive line.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
MossBurner said:
Kenny Wright was the starting cornerback on the Jags last season, 6th ranked pass D.

and the Jag's Dbackfield outside of Rashean Mathis and Donovan Darius (who isn't very good against the pass) was thought to be one of the weakest units in the league last year

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Kevin said:
Henry is a good #2 CB, but Brandon Lloyd is a great reciever.

:laugh1: :lmao2: :lmao:

Kevin said:
You guys might not be sold on him, but after seeing that catch he made against New York (even though it was called back on a O-Line penalty), it would be futile to argue against his talent.

I also saw him duck from a pass too

Kevin said:
LBs will find themselves on TE's

God have mercy on the LB trying to cover Witten one-on-one

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Kevin said:
He'd have to be a fool, however, to leave T.O out there with one man to beat.

double TO, Terry Glenn welcomes it