So "they're" saying that the Cowboys are having a horrible off season

75boyz

Reaction score
"They" are right.
Bobby Wagner could fix a lot of that though.
Yep,
if this is the same "they" that predicted the Cowboys loss to the Niners then I guess they were pretty accurate the first time.

But I also agree that a Wagner signing could highly impact the defense.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Then they’re doing it wrong internally. Using yet another 1st round pick on a guard doesn’t fix that internal problem.

As I recall, Bill Parcells tried to advise the Dallas FO about that idea many years ago.

Obviously, they either forgot or chose to ignore it. I suspect it's probably the latter. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Oh really let's take a look...
1. Resigned Defensive Coordinator Dan Quinn = Win
2. Reworked Lawrence's contract = Win
3. Franchised Schultz because they had to because of Jarwin's injury = Win
4. Got rid of a penalty feast of an O-line in Connor Williams = Win
5. Resigned a two solid safeties in Wilson and Kearse = Win
6. Traded Cooper who is injured a lot, disappears in road games, and they save cap space = Win
7. Let a headcase in Gregory walk who get more offside penalties than sacks =Win
8. Restructured both Dak Prescott and Zack Martin's contracts to save 22 million in cap space =Win
9. Let go of an aging kicker who misses a lot of chip shots = Win
So if this is a horrible off season then I'd love to see what a good offseason looks like because so far they've made a lot of changes for the better.

Those are indeed good things, though the team had several fatal flaws and none of them have been upgraded yet. At this point we're looking at yet another season of feasting on the crap teams and getting spanked by the contenders. This better be one hell of a draft.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As I recall, Bill Parcells tried to advise the Dallas FO about that idea many years ago.

Obviously, they either forgot or chose to ignore it. I suspect it's probably the latter. :rolleyes:

No sure it was Parcells. He had some big O-line draft misses while he was here too.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
6. Traded Cooper who is injured a lot, disappears in road games, and they save cap space = Win
7. Let a headcase in Gregory walk who get more offside penalties than sacks =Win
8. Restructured both Dak Prescott and Zack Martin's contracts to save 22 million in cap space =Win
So if this is a horrible off season then I'd love to see what a good offseason looks like because so far they've made a lot of changes for the better.
Just having the TEN TOE MEDIOCRE SLOTH on the team counts as a BAD OFF SEASON.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I guess it depends on your perspective. The bottom line about this offseason is that the team lost 5-6 starters and have done little to nothing to replace them with anything other than scrubs. Reworking contracts of overpaid players only serves to push their salary down the road which means they will count against the salary cap a lot longer than the player will be productive. There is nothing worse than sinking more money into a player that should be cut, but the team has to keep him because of the cap hit. Franchise tagging Schultz is another case of paying elite money to a good player. The truth about these big contracts is that they were bad contracts to start with and extending them or spreading out the salary cap hit is not improvement, it’s doubling down on bad decisions. You may have a point with the kicker position, but until they find a decent replacement, it is not a positive move. They are a long ways from having a decent offseason at this point, but they can improve it, depending on how they replace the starters lost.
They franchised Schultz simply due to supply vs demand, and simply developing nearly any rook TE is a 2-3 yr project easily, so desperation and familiarity pays off for Schultz big time, all we can hope for is tope end security blanket for Dak,
not much more top end, we have seen the ceiling already with Darwin, but chemistry is chemistry and if he gives Dak at least a good understanding of the offense and some release valve security than cool.
Because until we get this OL str8, Dak is going to need short drop off pass options, the more the merrier.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I am not big fans of them but who replaces Collins and Gregory? Those are key roles to fill. Trading Cooper for a 5/6 is a travesty. Especially considering they leaked that they were going to cut him. The Jerry love child. Big Mike being pushed aside so Jerry can play footsie with Payton. Stephen running his mouth. It's been a bad off season.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
don’t give me rubbish stats
From a 42 million/y QB I want a SB

Just in case reading comprehension is a class you skipped, I was answering his post about next season, would Dak supporters be here when Dak falls off.

My answer was yes and the I asked would he and his merry band of drooling idiots be around if the reverse happens.

And about what you want your QB to be for 46 million dollars ? People in hell want a cool drink.

Creeper

Reaction score
This is an awful off-season in my opinion, but the only way to determine if it was really good or bad is to see what happens in the regular season and playoffs. If they don't win the division and make the playoffs, then we will have to concede the offseason was a fail.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I am not big fans of them but who replaces Collins and Gregory? Those are key roles to fill. Trading Cooper for a 5/6 is a travesty. Especially considering they leaked that they were going to cut him. The Jerry love child. Big Mike being pushed aside so Jerry can play footsie with Payton. Stephen running his mouth. It's been a bad off season.
You just cant make this stuff up, Im telling you man.
Just imagine how successful Jerry could be having his own reality TV show.

jnday

Reaction score
Then they’re doing it wrong internally. Using yet another 1st round pick on a guard doesn’t fix that internal problem.
Oh no, it won’t fix the problem . It has been a problem for years. They have had terrible OL development and evaluations for years. It does, however, makes the team have to use first round picks to get good olinemen in the drafts.

jnday

Reaction score
They franchised Schultz simply due to supply vs demand, and simply developing nearly any rook TE is a 2-3 yr project easily, so desperation and familiarity pays off for Schultz big time, all we can hope for is tope end security blanket for Dak,
not much more top end, we have seen the ceiling already with Darwin, but chemistry is chemistry and if he gives Dak at least a good understanding of the offense and some release valve security than cool.
Because until we get this OL str8, Dak is going to need short drop off pass options, the more the merrier.
If they choose to franchise a TE, he should at least be an average blocker.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
They are.... we've lost more talent than we've acquired. You don't win super bowls by losing talent.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

You are NOT WRONG....maybe i gave too much credit for Gregoy....if he does not get hurt double digit sacks for Denver and buch behind the tackles.....but let us not forget how we lost Gregory

and to lose Cedrick Wilson too....and how Stephen Jones did not even try to get Bobby Wagne?....maybe i the one who is all washed up?......but come season time i transform into a cowboy Homereeeee

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I want all you blind homers to not complain about lack of talent when Dak struggles and we have a middling record

You all will be first in line making excuses

27 years since even an NFC champ game.....i guess i am making excuses?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yep,
if this is the same "they" that predicted the Cowboys loss to the Niners then I guess they were pretty accurate the first time.

But I also agree that a Wagner signing could highly impact the defense.

total big time...so so so so ticked off at Stephen Jones and his chiseling ways.....we got the money come....trying to win SB or Cap bwl?