So what exactly are players protesting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So what exactly are players protesting and what can actually be done about it?

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just want to be able to watch a ******* football game and get away from it all. Not able to do that anymore. Can't wait to retire and move to my cabin in the woods at which time I'll probably never watch a game again.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Most of them currently protesting are angry at the President. I guess we could ask him not to be mean to them...
The problem with that is these players want to exercise their right to say what they want in the form of protest but they don't want to extend that same courtesy to the president in the form of counter protest. When you react so adversely to someone else speaker their mind, your lose credibility for your own message. Change is not going to come by players forcing a one way message on everyone, it has to be a two-way conversation.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The problem with that is these players want to exercise their right to say what they want in the form of protest but they don't want to extend that same courtesy to the president in the form of counter protest. When you react so adversely to someone else speaker their mind, your lose credibility for your own message. Change is not going to come by players forcing a one way message on everyone, it has to be a two-way conversation.

I didn't like that the president said that.

I have no problem with the owners shutting the protesting down and doing whatever they feel is best for their product but I don't think the President should tell people to stop protesting. He's the last person that should say that.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
...and let me add, the president was just as wrong to publicly react so adversely to the kneeling protesters. IMO, he should have back channeled his objections to the owners rather than being so public with it. He personally knows these rich owners so that would not be difficult for him to do. He stirred up a hornets nest with his SOB speech.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I didn't like that the president said that.

I have no problem with the owners shutting the protesting down and doing whatever they feel is best for their product but I don't think the President should tell people to stop protesting. He's the last person that should say that.
I agree. It's not that he doen't have the right to do it but it's bad form for the president to be doing that.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So, do we have an answer to the OP's question? What are they protesting? I know what it originally was when it was just Kaep on a knee. He killed his credibility by wearing the pro-Castro shirt and has since further discredited his message by showing support for a cop killer that fled justice by running to Cuba.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
So, do we have an answer to the OP's question? What are they protesting? I know what it originally was when it was just Kaep on a knee. He killed his credibility by wearing the pro-Castro shirt and has since further discredited his message by showing support for a cop killer that fled justice by running to Cuba.

It's started with the matter of one subject, (Kaep) now it's full-on backlash at the childish actions of our 8 year old president.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score

It's been my point all along. I've pointed out the numerous fallacies in institutional racism in law enforcement, but have also discussed the procedures in law enforcement that I'm against.

What I have seen from virtually every person that has burned their tickets or jerseys in protest is that they have stated that they do believe the players have the right to protest, but they are not going to personally support it with their cheering of the team, viewing of the team and paying money to support the team and the players.

However, the contrast to that is that the anthem protesters have labeled the anti-protesters as racist, not caring about racial inequality and more or less acting like they shouldn't find any opposition.

Sorry, but that is completely inconsistent and hypocritical.

YR

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

Dumb message. Bad decisions lead to bad consequences(not just incarceration) that are blind to color... addiction, financial instability, broken families, and yes incarceration. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. And stop blaming the cops that are just doing their job.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's started with the matter of one subject, (Kaep) now it's full-on backlash at the childish actions of our 8 year old president.
Hate for a president that was elected not even a year ago is going nowhere. These ant-Trump protesters are a loud bunch but they are outnumbered by mostly silent supporters of the president that speak with their pocket book and their vote... they did it November 8th of last year and now are doing it by boycotting the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.