So what exactly are players protesting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

superonyx

Reaction score
The problem with that is these players want to exercise their right to say what they want in the form of protest but they don't want to extend that same courtesy to the president in the form of counter protest. When you react so adversely to someone else speaker their mind, your lose credibility for your own message. Change is not going to come by players forcing a one way message on everyone, it has to be a two-way conversation.
What did the players do that makes you say they did this?
I didn't see any players shut down anyone counter protesting. Which stadium was this in?

superonyx

Reaction score
Dumb message. Bad decisions lead to bad consequences(not just incarceration) that are blind to color... addiction, financial instability, broken families, and yes incarceration. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. And stop blaming the cops that are just doing their job.
You don't need to agree with the message.
The OP asked what they are protesting for and the video answer the question. It seems we have so many people that said they have no idea what they are protesting so this should answer that question.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
They do not even know what they are protesting. One person does it so the other just follows and does it to. Fox has already mentioned they will not be broadcasting the National Anthem live to not give these thugs attention.
They don't know what they are protesting, just like all the ANTIFA weirdos that can't even have a logical conversation without yelling over you.

roughneck266

Reaction score
The problem with that is these players want to exercise their right to say what they want in the form of protest but they don't want to extend that same courtesy to the president in the form of counter protest. When you react so adversely to someone else speaker their mind, your lose credibility for your own message. Change is not going to come by players forcing a one way message on everyone, it has to be a two-way conversation.
I agree completely.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
They aren't outnumbered. Trump's current approval rating is 38.6%.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What did the players do that makes you say they did this?
I didn't see any players shut down anyone counter protesting. Which stadium was this in?
Before President Trump said anything about theses players protesting, this protest was losing steam and dying out. We didn't have whole teams protesting with their owner on the field. This happened in several stadiums.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You don't need to agree with the message.
The OP asked what they are protesting for and the video answer the question. It seems we have so many people that said they have no idea what they are protesting so this should answer that question.
It's a racist rant pushing a false narrative that low income and minorities are systematically discriminated against. I do however applaud how he has proactively talked to local and national leaders to address his concerns. Unless those leaders are failing him, this protest seems highly unnecessary.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Before President Trump said anything about theses players protesting, this protest was losing steam and dying out. We didn't have whole teams protesting with their owner on the field. This happened in several stadiums.
He needed a distraction, he got one. ;)

superonyx

Reaction score
I don't see how having some energize your protesting efforts is you not allowing someone to counter protest?
That just isn't adding up.
Trump basically told the protesting players to shut up and they said no.
Am I missing your point?

superonyx

Reaction score
You don't even know how that poll was conducted or what it means. Trump won the presidency with 306 electoral votes over HRC's 232 which is a landslide victory. The polls were wrong then and are wrong now. All the NFL protest is now is anti-Trump.
You do know that Trump lost the popular vote by about 3 million votes right?
An electoral college landslide isn't a landslide when you actually received millions of votes less...... (And I didn't and wouldn't vote for Clinton)...

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don't see how having some energize your protesting efforts is you not allowing someone to counter protest?
That just isn't adding up.
Trump basically told the protesting players to shut up and they said no.
Am I missing your point?
Yes as usual you are missing my point. I'm not saying anyone is not allowing anyone to counter protest.

superonyx

Reaction score
It's a racist rant pushing a false narrative that low income and minorities are systematically discriminated against. I do however applaud how he has proactively talked to local and national leaders to address his concerns. Unless those leaders are failing him, this protest seems highly unnecessary.
Your reality isn't everyones reality. I am a middle class white guy and I can't possibility know what life is like for a black man who grew up in a different situation than I did.
Who am I to tell him that his pain isn't real or that his perceived reality isn't legit? If my fellow American feels pain then I want to listen and try to understand the source and nature of his pain. The last thing I want to do is to tell him to sit down and shut up. That's never worked and have never gotten us anywhere. I don't care what sexuality, color, age ect someone is. If something hurts them then it hurts me and all of us.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You do know that Trump lost the popular vote by about 3 million votes right?
An electoral college landslide isn't a landslide when you actually received millions of votes less...... (And I didn't and wouldn't vote for Clinton)...
I doubt it was actually that much and winning the popular vote was never the goal in this election.... if it was, Trump you'd have campaigned in different areas to accomplish that objective.

superonyx

Reaction score
Yes as usual you are missing my point. I'm not saying anyone is not allowing anyone to counter protest.
Maybe..
But here is where you said the players are not extending the courtesy and allowing the counter protestors their right to counter protest. I don't see how they are doing this at all. So unless they let the president tell them to shut up for be fired then they are not extending the courtesy to him? Im confused..

You---The problem with that is these players want to exercise their right to say what they want in the form of protest but they don't want to extend that same courtesy to the president in the form of counter protest. When you react so adversely to someone else speaker their mind, your lose credibility for your own message. Change is not going to come by players forcing a one way message on everyone, it has to be a two-way conversation

superonyx

Reaction score
I doubt it was actually that much and winning the popular vote was never the goal in this election.... if it was, Trump you'd have campaigned in different areas to accomplish that objective.

I doubt Trumps plan was to lose the popular vote either.
Regardless its hard to pretend you have a mandate when you lose the popular vote by 2.8 million votes.

http://time.com/4608555/hillary-clinton-popular-vote-final/

These are the facts. Further proving my point about a messed up failed democracy when your president didn't actually receive more votes in 40% of the elections this century.

superonyx

Reaction score
California and New York don't represent the rest of the States. Also, there's a clear reason why Democrats oppose Voter ID laws tooth and nail..
Oh I thought California and New York were still states? That's weird.. When did this happen?
Or is it only states where people you agree with live that "count".

Democrats don't oppose voter ID laws. They oppose voter ID laws that are discriminatory in nature to the poor. Sort of like how I know many people who didn't vote because election day is on a Tuesday and they need to work and cant afford not to. Any reason its not on a Saturday? hmm..

hqdefault.jpg

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Your reality isn't everyones reality. I am a middle class white guy and I can't possibility know what life is like for a black man who grew up in a different situation than I did.
Who am I to tell him that his pain isn't real or that his perceived reality isn't legit? If my fellow American feels pain then I want to listen and try to understand the source and nature of his pain. The last thing I want to do is to tell him to sit down and shut up. That's never worked and have never gotten us anywhere. I don't care what sexuality, color, age ect someone is. If something hurts them then it hurts me and all of us.
Reality is reality, there is only one. I grew up in a poor black neighborhood in the 60's and 70's and I have on occasion seen people(some white, some black) treat my black friends and neighbors different than they treat me but that is racism, not an institutional conspiracy. We will never eradicate racism. Every occupation under the sun includes some racist in its midst... including law enforcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.