So what exactly are players protesting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Maybe..
But here is where you said the players are not extending the courtesy and allowing the counter protestors their right to counter protest. I don't see how they are doing this at all. So unless they let the president tell them to shut up for be fired then they are not extending the courtesy to him? Im confused..

You---The problem with that is these players want to exercise their right to say what they want in the form of protest but they don't want to extend that same courtesy to the president in the form of counter protest. When you react so adversely to someone else speaker their mind, your lose credibility for your own message. Change is not going to come by players forcing a one way message on everyone, it has to be a two-way conversation
The outrage over the presidents words is over blown... why? because they want to shut him up.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Democrats don't oppose voter ID laws. They oppose voter ID laws that are discriminatory in nature to the poor.
You need ID for Welfare in most states. And in most states, the IDs are free. "But..but..what about bus fare!"

Stop it. It's 2017. The whole "poll tax" defense went out the window long ago. The Democratic playbook, like Garrett's, needs to be updated.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I doubt Trumps plan was to lose the popular vote either.
Regardless its hard to pretend you have a mandate when you lose the popular vote by 2.8 million votes.

http://time.com/4608555/hillary-clinton-popular-vote-final/

These are the facts. Further proving my point about a messed up failed democracy when your president didn't actually receive more votes in 40% of the elections this century.
The popular vote was never even under consideration by Trump because it wasn't the goal. Your fixation with this popular vote narrative is irrelevant. The electoral college gives every state a voice in this country rather than allowing political power to be concentrated in high population zones. I understand why those that live in California or New York might object to that, they want their voice to override everyone else's.

superonyx

Reaction score
The outrage over the presidents words is over blown... why? because they want to shut him up.
Shut him up? Or stand up to him?
And lets not pretend anything will ever shut that man up.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Oh I thought California and New York were still states? That's weird.. When did this happen?
Or is it only states where people you agree with live that "count".

Democrats don't oppose voter ID laws. They oppose voter ID laws that are discriminatory in nature to the poor. Sort of like how I know many people who didn't vote because election day is on a Tuesday and they need to work and cant afford not to. Any reason its not on a Saturday? hmm..
It is federal law that employers must give there employees time to vote so don't give me that ignorant excuse.

superonyx

Reaction score
The popular vote was never even under consideration by Trump because it wasn't the goal. Your fixation with this popular vote narrative is irrelevant. The electoral college gives every state a voice in this country rather than allowing political power to be concentrated in high population zones. I understand why those that live in California or New York might object to that, they want their voice to override everyone else's.
How is a single voter in California's voice being any louder than any other single voter in Kansas if each persons voice was counter equally?
County and State elections are one thing. For a country President each persons voice should be equal. This argument is regardless of political party. The state I live in is Blue and will always be. So if you are a republican you know your vote will be thrown out and discarded so you don't fight as hard to get to the polls. The same thing happens in Red states but the opposite. How is discouraging any single persons vote right regardless of party?

superonyx

Reaction score
It is federal law that employers must give there employees time to vote so don't give me that ignorant excuse.

You are the one going ********.
Its simply not true.
There is no federal law that gives employees time to vote.
Do you actually believe your lies are you counting on people not checking?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
How is a single voter in California's voice being any louder than any other single voter in Kansas if each persons voice was counter equally?
County and State elections are one thing. For a country President each persons voice should be equal. This argument is regardless of political party. The state I live in is Blue and will always be. So if you are a republican you know your vote will be thrown out and discarded so you don't fight as hard to get to the polls. The same thing happens in Red states but the opposite. How is discouraging any single persons vote right regardless of party?
I'm not your civics teacher, go take a civics class.

superonyx

Reaction score
They would kill him if they could, don't lie.
Kill him?
What in the world are you talking about old man?
You just jumped from making up facts to accusing professional football players of being wanna be murderers?

superonyx

Reaction score
I'm not your civics teacher, go take a civics class.
So you cant answer with any intelligence so you tell me to take a civics class...haha..
Come one man. Stop being married to points that you don't have the ability to defend. Put your hands up for once. Your just taking too many to the face here.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Its simply not true.
There is no federal law that gives employees time to vote.
Do you actually believe your lies are you counting on people not checking?
Okay, I over stated that. However, a majority of states do have rules designed to ensure employees can make it to the polls on Election Day.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So you cant answer with any intelligence so you tell me to take a civics class...haha..
Come one man. Stop being married to points that you don't have the ability to defend. Put your hands up for once. Your just taking too many to the face here.
It is an long answer that I don't want to get into with someone I care zero about. That's why we have a class to teach it.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Yup and it is true.

Trumpster Divers equating not liking Trump driving our country into a ditch with wanting him dead. Always the victim, such a victim

JoeKing might be the biggest ******* i've come across on this site. holy hell. Meet the ignore list, ***.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Not specifically discussing Kaepernick's complaints...but

I've heard the question recently "So if everything is racial, then is anything racial?"
Lately, anytime someone disagrees with almost anything, the argument is dumbed down to "oh, they must be a racist".

Be it immigration oversight for national security and other non-racial reasons, voter ID for the sake of just common sense knowing who is actually voting (or if they are even alive..lol), financial aid to citizens at least first (afterall, don't all kids have dreams--not just non-citizens?) , non-racially motivated historians asking to at least think twice before removing certain statues at millions in cost, etc.
Blindly throwing race into an argument takes the intellect out of a real argument about actual issues...sometimes.
It dilutes it when it's a topic that deserves not to be diluted.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Trumpster Divers equating not liking Trump driving our country into a ditch with wanting him dead. Always the victim, such a victim
They want him dead you just won't admit it.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
As the saying goes...."vote early and vote often"
dead-voters.jpg

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Repeal law enforcement bill of rights that grant police rights that citizens do not have protecting them from investigation and prosecution.

Prohibit investigations and prosecutions of police by police forces and prosecutors with a conflict of interest.

Review use of force standards and hold police to a higher standard. Fear is not an excuse for homicide by itself.

Prohibit ineffective and prejudicial police policies like broken windows and stop and frisk.

Require all police to wear body cameras at all times on duty and eliminate the officer from unilaterally turning it off.

Improve police training and pay.

End the militarization of police and carte blanche handing out of military weapons, vehicles, and equipment. It is one thing to have a SWAT team. It is quite another to make an entire department a SWAT team.

Prohibit arrest quotas and similar policies. In the same turn do not demerit for not making an arrest in both policy and practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.