So what exactly are players protesting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Mr. Small Hands President, I will believe your words about patriotism when you or your 5 spoiled children serve even one hour in the military.

shabazz

Reaction score
Laws disproportionately target communities of color because blacks disproportionately are charged and convicted with crimes.
This message by the player is filled with cliche, vagueness and an incoherent plan to change anything.
Sort of like a speech by Rump, except this earnest jock has no power and no followers.

Cute, but you left out that blacks are disproportionately charged with crimes because they disproportionately commit them. Look at Chicago, liberal murder city, black on black murdering

Like Jesse Jackson said, he was at an ATM and looked behind him he was relieved that it was a white man

Don't like that? Kiss jesses black azz

shabazz

Reaction score
Mr. Small Hands President, I will believe your words about patriotism when you or your 5 spoiled children serve even one hour in the military.

You would like him better if he had big hands and big organ?

He also doesn't care if you believe him.

You probably voted for Hillary cause she has a bigger hammer

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Cute, but you left out that blacks are disproportionately charged with crimes because they disproportionately commit them. Look at Chicago, liberal murder city, black on black murdering

Like Jesse Jackson said, he was at an ATM and looked behind him he was relieved that it was a white man

Dear boy!
Your language!
I think you completely misread me post, ruffian.
But take it any way you want. Your succor and/or admonishments mean little to me, a prince and a boy wonder.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
You would like him better if he had big hands and big organ?

He also doesn't care if you believe him.

You probably voted for Hillary cause she has a bigger hammer
My, my.
Do we detect some residual anger? Misogyny?
Here is my advice: take some tea with a loved one. Follow that with a stout. Then as other.
Pretty soon you will be among my legions of fans!

shabazz

Reaction score
My, my.
Do we detect some residual anger? Misogyny?
Here is my advice: take some tea with a loved one. Follow that with a stout. Then as other.
Pretty soon you will be among my legions of fans!

Actually I have liked some of your post but a dude accusing someone of misogyny is pretty weak

Right out of the Pmsnbc playbook. At least be original,

I'm already a fan. Would you like trumps hands if they were thicker?

We are the forgotten man and we are legion

I also don't recall using any bad language.......just sound logic

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Actually I have liked some of your post but a dude accusing someone of misogyny is pretty weak

Yes. The next step is to be humble. So when you are and willing to be contrite, holla.
And "we are the forgotten" and "we are legion" are creepy, lad.
You didn't learn from WWII?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Just don't say anything. You are bothersome!

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

That is a self fulfilling prophecy. If you have two populations of equal size and criminal tendency then have the police seize and search one of them at twice the rate of the other then you are going to end up seeing one population convicted twice as much as the other.

I'm also getting to the point where I do not believe your story time about your background at all. Either that or you have some serious self loathing issues going on.

Nonetheless, let's examine what Reverend Jackson said regarding the police in the broader sense seeing that you opened that door.

Trump’s words are not simply bluster; his Attorney General Jeff Sessions is intent on turning them into policy. Sessions has scorned the Obama administration’s efforts to review police misconduct and to forge consent agreements on reforms with police departments from Chicago to Baltimore. He spreads the myth that reform handicaps law enforcement. In a nation that locks up more of its people than any in the world, he’s instructed U.S. attorneys to seek the harshest penalties available for those found guilty of violating the law.

Over the last decade, from Ferguson to Chicago to New York to Baltimore, our cities have witnessed major demonstrations and more in response to police brutality. Black Lives Matter demonstrations — remarkable nonviolent, civil disobedience — put police reform on the national agenda.

We began to see a bipartisan consensus emerging around sentencing reform, closing down privately owned for-profit prisons and reforming police practices from body cameras to community policing.

This reform consensus was emerging because police brutality not only tramples individual rights; it also impedes community law enforcement. It breeds anger and cuts off community cooperation. Police become seen as occupiers, not allies. The poorest neighborhoods in our urban areas are tinderboxes; too often, it is police brutality that sets them afire.

The Obama administration’s 13-month review of Chicago’s police force was completed just before Trump was inaugurated. It praised the “diligent efforts and brave actions of countless” officers, and paid tribute to the tough task they have. Yet it found that “a break in trust” impeded the police force’s ability to prevent crime: “trust and effectiveness in combating violent crime are inextricably linked,” it concluded, calling for broad, fundamental reform of police in Chicago.

Trump and Sessions disagree. They think, as Trump put it, that the laws “totally protect the criminal, not the officers. … (Officers are) in more jeopardy than (criminals) are. We’re changing those laws.”

This displays an utter ignorance of the reality of police misconduct and its victims. It is also dangerous. It gives a green light to those who would trample basic rights and mocks those who follow the laws. It encourages departments to turn a blind eye to their own practices.

Jesse is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.