So you want a new QB?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Rinse. Repeat.

Sounds like something I may have said...

They don't know what they want bro.
I know.

I am so mad at this team.

I had not seen the game as we did not get it here in San Antonio.

I finally saw the shot of the Titan standing on the star.

Only one player reacted and he did little to stop it.

The rest of the team said and did nothing.

I could not believe that.

Losing like that is one thing

Letting your team be disrespected like that was horrendous.

I have just lost interest in Jerrah's team.

And been a fan for 50 years..complete with 4 season tickets to every home game since 1965.

So Jerrah has finally ground me down as a team supporter.

It appears to me Jerrah is a better building contractor than he is a team owner.

He should stick to that.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
man This last two year has literally sucked the life out of me Your right I have No idea i have been watching B's this year and last and I just dont see anyone who sets my feet tingling Ive liked the play of grier but man he is a gunslinger and can throw so many INT this year though he has played pretty descent IMO. You got Hebert but with No 1st you wont get him or Drew Lock. Then there is a young QB Haskins who has only played one year and he has a Rocket Arm but IMO he needs to sit a year at least. I dont like finley he is Kellen Moore and a noodle arm IMO. Rypien mas well keep Dak. Thorston from Northwetern but who has he played against??? Geez What a FUBAR
It's a conundrum.

Seems we were here before.

Then DAK arrived and things got better it now seems by shear luck looking back on it

We wanted success so much we ignored the possibility again of failure.

I guess that will teach us going forward

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I know.

I am so mad at this team.

I had not seen the game as we did not get it here in San Antonio.

I finally saw the shot of the Titan standing on the star.

Only one player reacted and he did little to stop it.

The rest of the team said and did nothing.

I could not believe that.

Losing like that is one thing

Letting your team be disrespected like that was horrendous.

I have just lost interest in Jerrah's team.

And been a fan for 50 years..complete with 4 season tickets to every home game since 1965.

So Jerrah has finally ground me down as a team supporter.

It appears to me Jerrah is a better building contractor than he is a team owner.

He should stick to that.
I hear you man. Hang in there. It will get better.

cristglo

Reaction score
It's a conundrum.

Seems we were here before.

Then DAK arrived and things got better it now seems by shear luck looking back on it

We wanted success so much we ignored the possibility again of failure.

I guess that will teach us going forward

Your absolutely correct Just Heartbreaking

DandyDon52

Reaction score
People want a change, there's just not much else out there and even less without that 1st rd pick. Like Parcells used to say, you can't just dial up 1-800-Quarterback
the problem is the jones boys dont want the qb change most of you want.
If they dont want to replace Dak they wont. It doesnt matter who is available.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I ask this..

If not DAK..

then who?

Are you really going to trust this team to find your next QB and actually develop him?

They were unable to get Romo there after nearly 10+ years.

They then failed to have a replacement ready in Weeden who they had for 2 years.

Then the parade of QB in 2015..

NOTHING.

And remember..

we tried to trade up for Paxton Lynch before Denver took him.

We all know what happened to Lynch.

We do not know what we are doing.

Before we solve the QB thing..

we have to redo the consortium of failed QBs masquerading as qualified experts.

Keller Moore has to go as does Linehan and Sanjay.

Since we do not have a #1 draft pick in 2019..

that means 2020 before we hae the pick to use on a QB.replacement.

FA could be an answer.

But again..

I highly doubt we have the staff in place to make that work.

And that means more delays while our OL is rebuilt.

Time will slip away.

Comments?
How hard is it to replace a QB that leads the NFL in multiple turnover games:huh:

You want some names, how about Teddy Bridgewater? How about Sam Bradford?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This logic just escapes me.

Yeah, the QB sucks, but they might have a hard time finding someone else, so why not stick with the suck you know?

Let's keep failing because trying something else might lead to failure...smh.

And the nonsense about Romo is just that, nonsense.
Romo CHOKED for 10 seasons. Most all of you didn't complain about that. You just loved that chokeness.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Romo may have choked, but it was the last game of the season with the playoffs on the line and we would lose 35-32.

With Dak, your season is over by Halloween.
Romo never passed for 300 yards or more than 2 TDs in any of the 6 playoffs games he played in. Dak passed for 306 yards, 3 TDs and brought the team back late in the 2nd quarter being down 18 points to tie the game at 31 points all with 39 seconds left in the game. Cowboys would and should have won if it wasn't for this lousy Defense and crooked officials. Dak had at least 2-3 potential TD scoring drives brought back due to bad calls by the officials!

Romo NEVER played that good in any playoff game. Dak did it as a rookie! lol Take that stat.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I like Dak, and I hope that we can keep him around for a while. I hope that he can return to being a really good starter for us. However, let's face it, he WAS drafted to be a backup and maybe develop into a starter (which is a long shot with Garrett at the helm). Throwing him into the starting role immediately is rather tough on a young chap, and particularly a 4th rounder. I don't know many 4th rounders that start immediately. As well as he did in 2016, I think the coaches actually did him a bit of a disservice by remaining with him as a starter in 2016, in hindsight. At the time, I was all for either QB starting as I like both chaps, as is well documented here. However, looking back, I think returning Romo to the starting lineup would have been the right answer. In fact, that would have benefitted us for 2 reasons. While Romo was rather fragile, I don't think that defences would be so keen to hit him knowing what Dak was capable of in his rookie year. So, if Romo did get hurt which was, sadly, probably likely, Dak could probably pick right back up where he left off. And, however long Romo could start, Dak would be able to learn bits and pieces from Romo that he could later incorporate into his game.

Romo had to go that route as an undrafted fellow, and it worked out rather well, didn't it? Jared Goff didn't start straight away, and he was actually rather dreadful in the few opportunities that he had that year. Brady and Romo had to both learn from Bledsoe (ironic, isn't it?). Aaron Rodgers had to learn under Favre for a few years. Philip Rivers had to learn under Drew Brees early in his career. There are lots of outstanding QBs that don't start straight away, and you know what? That's perfectly normal. In fact, I'd be rather leery of starting a QB straight away. Some of the rookie that are starting straight away this year are struggling mightily. Have a look at Sam Darnold, with the Jets. Outside of the Lions match, he's been rather average, at best. The Bills QB hasn't been all that great, when healthy either, if I'm not mistaken, and no, I'm not referring to Peterman who is absolutely atrocious. The Ravens and Saints have been BRILLIANT with young QBs this year, imo. They have healthy veteran starters, so they don't need to put the QB in straight away. So, they just pepper them in from time to time during matches.

stinkface

Reaction score
I don't really care at this point who it is as long as they are accurate at throwing the ball and can read defenses. Dak throws 50 50 balls to wide open receivers at least 5 times a game. I'm not sure he can improve on that and he's turning into a turn over machine. Certainly the uncertainty on the O line isn't helping things, but he needs to go through his progressions faster. PS. The best pure passer out there is Flaco, but I'm not even sure he could do much with this Micky Mouse offense we appear to be running.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
This quote sums up my feeling on the matter:

Monday night’s loss cements what most have known for quite some time. Until the Dallas Cowboys fire Jason Garrett and Scott Linehan, things will not get any better. At this point, all talk about Prescott and an extension should be shelved.

It would be nice to hire a competent coach and let him pick his staff and let that coaching staff make the decision on Dak. But IF Jerry does fire Garrett he will also force whatever assistants he wants onto the new coach thus we’ll still be screwed. And Jerry will also force Dak onto the new coach thus tying his hands and sealing his fate before he even coaches a single game.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Romo CHOKED for 10 seasons. Most all of you didn't complain about that. You just loved that chokeness.

Romo would give us the lead with a few minutes to go, the defense would give it up with a minute to go and Romo would throw a desperation pick and he was blamed for the loss. That’s how it usually worked. Tony has more 4th quarter come backs than any other QB in the franchises history. I’d give your left nut to have a young, healthy Romo running this offense. We’d be a 10 win team easily.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
if we are not gonna let the new coach....if there is one....pick his QB,then why bother to make any change at all.

if the new guy is allowed...then by all means...sign your vet f/a or draft your guy.

no...I don't trust this staff....or #4.....at all.
SCORCHED.
EARTH.
new H.C/new Staff...they decide on QB.
I think most of us feel that way.

Wholesale changes will never happen

It would take a change in ownership and that is a moot point

I feel your pain.

Most unfortunately..

we want to believe this staff can do what is needed.

But because it would condemn their work to do so..

it won't happen.

This is the problem when an owner is involved with the team to extent he is.

They are accountable only to themselves.

And are not going to vote themselves and their buddies out of a job

It's called neopotism and no other team does this.

George Steinbrenner of the Yankees and Al Davis of the Raiders were the only ones who did it this way.

Paul Brown did it and coach as HC. Hallas did it with the Bears and succeeded but that was a way less complex time.

And they died hanging on to their power.

We are in for the same.