So you want a new QB?

Big_D

Reaction score
You have a veteran FA or Dak. That's the options here. At least bring in a solid backup and real competition. Even this developmental situation is a joke. I thought the QB guru could've developed've a QB over the past 12 years, but that's not looking good.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Rinse. Repeat.

Sounds like something I may have said...

They don't know what they want bro.
I know.

I am so mad at this team.

I had not seen the game as we did not get it here in San Antonio.

I finally saw the shot of the Titan standing on the star.

Only one player reacted and he did little to stop it.

The rest of the team said and did nothing.

I could not believe that.

Losing like that is one thing

Letting your team be disrespected like that was horrendous.

I have just lost interest in Jerrah's team.

And been a fan for 50 years..complete with 4 season tickets to every home game since 1965.

So Jerrah has finally ground me down as a team supporter.

It appears to me Jerrah is a better building contractor than he is a team owner.

He should stick to that.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Already have two other QBs on the roster.

I’d start Cooper Rush and then start White the next game.

Dak killed our season. Might as well see what we have in White and Rush.

Once mathematically eliminated there is no reason not to do this. Pissed me off that we didn't start Rush in Philly last year.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Already have two other QBs on the roster.

I’d start Cooper Rush and then start White the next game.

Dak killed our season. Might as well see what we have in White and Rush.
hopefully that happens soon..going to have to be mathematically eliminated before JG lets that happen, dont want to hurt feelings LOL

Big_D

Reaction score
hopefully that happens soon..going to have to be mathematically eliminated before JG lets that happen, dont want to hurt feelings LOL

He won’t do that. Got to fight for those meaningless wins.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
I want a new QB but Im not trading the 2020 1st round pick for Carr or Bridgewater! I would draft that kid out of Alabama!

You better be ready to give up 2 Number 1's for him...at least

The Chiefs traded two number ones and a third to get Mahomes. I know we've already given up a one but based on what I've seen from Tua - I think I would do it.

Problem is, nobody's going to want to wait three years to get their second number one. There are three and only three options here.

We hope we hit the lottery again like Tony on a mid to late round pick (hope is not a strategy).
We go the free agent route.
We bring in an entirely new staff and hope to develop Dak much like McVeigh did with Goff.

The most likely scenario is we bring in a new staff but you better hope like hell they can turn Dak around or we will be bad for a long, long time.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I like that they will likely give DAK another season before actively searching for somebody else. I'm more than a little shocked that DaK has regressed as much as he had. I wasn't surprised by the sophomore slump, but some of the stuff he doing now is unacceptable. With no #1 pick next year, this team will have to wait until 2020 draft anyway. I love the idea of bringing in a veteran like Bridgewater or hell even RGIII. Dak needs a veteran who can maybe bring some Fritz magic with them behind him
it is Fitz, and heck why not just get fitz from tampa bay, he can throw and is good on deep throws.
He would be a good choice till they can draft a qb, and dak could be bkup.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
If i was Dallas I wouldnt even waste a late round pick on a QB, they are late round picks for a reason

Grab a good Qb in free agency or trade....we dont need an elite QB, just a QB that doesnt suck

cristglo

Reaction score
I ask this..

If not DAK..

then who?

Are you really going to trust this team to find your next QB and actually develop him?

They were unable to get Romo there after nearly 10+ years.

They then failed to have a replacement ready in Weeden who they had for 2 years.

Then the parade of QB in 2015..

NOTHING.

And remember..

we tried to trade up for Paxton Lynch before Denver took him.

We all know what happened to Lynch.

We do not know what we are doing.

Before we solve the QB thing..

we have to redo the consortium of failed QBs masquerading as qualified experts.

Keller Moore has to go as does Linehan and Sanjay.

Since we do not have a #1 draft pick in 2019..

that means 2020 before we hae the pick to use on a QB.replacement.

FA could be an answer.

But again..

I highly doubt we have the staff in place to make that work.

And that means more delays while our OL is rebuilt.

Time will slip away.

Comments?
man This last two year has literally sucked the life out of me Your right I have No idea i have been watching B's this year and last and I just dont see anyone who sets my feet tingling Ive liked the play of grier but man he is a gunslinger and can throw so many INT this year though he has played pretty descent IMO. You got Hebert but with No 1st you wont get him or Drew Lock. Then there is a young QB Haskins who has only played one year and he has a Rocket Arm but IMO he needs to sit a year at least. I dont like finley he is Kellen Moore and a noodle arm IMO. Rypien mas well keep Dak. Thorston from Northwetern but who has he played against??? Geez What a FUBAR

cristglo

Reaction score
Aikman (Jimmy) & Romo (Parcells/Sean Payton) were non-Jerry decisions.

Take a look at Jerry's evaluation/decisions regarding the QB position over the years:

Jason Garrett, Wade Wilson, Mike Quinn, Anthony Wright, an old Randall Cunningham, Tony Banks, Clint Stoerner, Ryan Leaf, Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson, Drew Henson, Matt Moore, Brad Johnson, Richard Bartel, Matt Baker, Rudy Carpenter, Jon Kitna, Stephen McGee, Matt Nicols, Tom Brandstater, Kyle Orton, Alex Tanney, Nick Stephens, Dustin Vaughan, Caleb Hanie, Brandon Weeden, Jameill Showers, Matt Cassel, Kellen Moore, Cooper Rush, Luke McCown and Dak Prescott.

About the only way the team acquires a decent QB (based on Jerry's history) -- absent Jerry removing himself as GM -- is hiring a quality head coach who knows QB development/talent, and keeps Jerry away from player personal decisions.
Dear Lord I remember the Quincy Carter pick I still want to throw up over that pick. Ryan Leaf we were grasping at straws cause we were not prepared Chad the baseball player dang you make me want to cry!

sean10mm

Reaction score
I mean if you don't like Dak's arm, Bridgewater is going to give you an ulcer. And that was BEFORE his knee exploded to the point where he could have literally lost his leg, God knows how bad his deep ball is now.

If you thought Romo threw too many picks, then uhhhh Winston is going to give you a stroke. Higher interception rate than Romo in an even more pass-friendly league.

People are just throwing out names they heard of at random apparently.

cristglo

Reaction score
The reality is we're going to have Dak next season, regardless of whether JG is here or not. Unless Jerry trades himself into the first round this year, but I don't see a ton of sexy QB talent available this year to warrant that drastic of a move.
Me Neither

cristglo

Reaction score
We are not going to the post season so why not try what we have first you never know.
playing Dak till the end is stupid idea.
I was hoping last season that last game they would have played Cooper I still dont understand why they didnt If we start to get blowed out why not put Cooper in see what we have then try White out Though Im not sold on White man if you think Dak holds onto the ball to long you will cry with him.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Good question. Since quincy carter we have drafted 3 mid round QB's who all amounted to nothing. Never could understand why they refuse to invest much into the most important and hardest position on the field.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Why bother drafting anyone? Why bother changing coaches? If not the guys we have, then who?