Social etiquettes we could use a re-fresh on

Smith22

Reaction score
Take your hat off indoors, especially at a dining facility.

I agree with most of these, but I never understood why wearing a hat indoors is considered to be disrespectful.

Sure, it doesn't make sense wearing one to an upscale dinner or something, but visiting friends, an aquarium, museum, etc. I don't get it.

kskboys

Reaction score
I agree with most of these, but I never understood why wearing a hat indoors is considered to be disrespectful.

Sure, it doesn't make sense wearing one to an upscale dinner or something, but visiting friends, an aquarium, museum, etc. I don't get it.
Same reason picking your nose or butt in front of others is disrespectful. Societal mores.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score

If there are signs posted politely asking you to remove your top in the DFAC but you don't, then it is disrespectful.

Smith22

Reaction score
I am personally more bothered by people showing up to funerals wearing dirty work clothes, shorts, tank tops, etc.

I get you may have some time constraints, but show some respect for the dead and their loved ones.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

If I remember correctly, it has to do with a certain entity being able to see your eyes. I always thought that was idiotic. I mean, if you think he can see through the roof, why would your hat cause him problems?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Help me out here, please.

What is the proper etiquette when picking up a take-out order? If you call in an order, and drive down to pick it up yourself, do you throw in the same tip you would have given the person who waited on you had you eaten in the establishment?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score

What is the proper etiquette when picking up a take-out order? If you call in an order, and drive down to pick it up yourself, do you throw in the same tip you would have given the person who waited on you had you eaten in the establishment?

Tips are not needed on take-out orders that you pick up yourself. For restaurants, you need to tip if 1) you sit in the restaurant and are served by a waiter/waitress or 2) the restaurant (or 3rd-party service) delivers it to you. When you phone in and pick it up yourself, the tip is not necessary, though you can do one if you want to.

kskboys

Reaction score

I just throw a buck or two in the jar.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Don’t point out other people’s flaws
Then how will they know? Letting them unwittingly carry on without being aware of the flaw is worse. They can't correct it if they don't know about it. I bet you're the type that sees someone else's flaw and you say nothing while getting your inner giggle on.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Name calling, such as calling people haters, is rude and the dwelling place of small thinkers and should be avoided in favor of being well mannered.
Even worse are the haters that can't stand being called out for it. Sensitive babies just hate even more. ;)