Social etiquettes we could use a re-fresh on

Big_D

Reaction score
Throw your coat over a puddle of water for a woman to walk on.

No? Too retro?

Piggy back maybe or just carry her, not going to trash a perfectly good coat. I would definitely figure out another way to get her to the other side of that puddle safely! lol

Winonesoon

Reaction score
How about this one......if you enter a business like "Little Caesars" and it's a Carry out only. Ask the people around you if they have been helped. Don't just walk up to the counter.

:angry::lmao: I actually love people but, if it conveniences them, they lose their manors.

InTheZone

Reaction score
And how about putting it on BEFORE starting to turn or change lanes! I think I’ve figured out they’re changing lanes by the time they’re 1/2 way over - what’s the point of the signal at that point?
This. However I often leave my blinker off If I'm sitting at a stop light, behind a car and waiting to turn right. The reason for this is when the opposition is trying to turn to their left (basically turn onto where I'm going) and they have a tendency to want to cut off traffic that has the right of way. Instead of giving them room to potentially cut off a car it's almost forcing them to actually yield like they're supposed to.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This. However I often leave my blinker off If I'm sitting at a stop light, behind a car and waiting to turn right. The reason for this is when the opposition is trying to turn to their left (basically turn onto where I'm going) and they have a tendency to want to cut off traffic that has the right of way. Instead of giving them room to potentially cut off a car it's almost forcing them to actually yield like they're supposed to.
In that same vein, I hate you're waiting to turn left, because out of courtesy you don't want the incoming car to feel like they have to hit the brakes, and then at the last second they slow down, turn on their signal, and turn. You know they didn't turn their signal on sooner because they wanted to be first.

InTheZone

Reaction score
In that same vein, I hate you're waiting to turn left, because out of courtesy you don't want the incoming car to feel like they have to hit the brakes, and then at the last second they slow down, turn on their signal, and turn. You know they didn't turn their signal on sooner because they wanted to be first.
lol

InTheZone

Reaction score
you better be careful with your left turns. Your light is yellow, but the car behind you has no intentions on slowing for you or the oncoming cars...even after that light turns red.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
you better be careful with your left turns. Your light is yellow, but the car behind you has no intentions on slowing for you or the oncoming cars...even after that light turns red.
In some cases, yes. I'm not even talking about at a light though. People are just so concerned with being first, they want you to think they're going straight, so you don't turn in front of them. Then they usually drive five or ten mph under the speed limit, but run red lights. Honestly, I just don't want to understand them.

InTheZone

Reaction score
In some cases, yes. I'm not even talking about at a light though. People are just so concerned with being first, they want you to think they're going straight, so you don't turn in front of them. Then they usually drive five or ten mph under the speed limit, but run red lights. Honestly, I just don't want to understand them.
This one is new to me. The same slow drivers you'll pass in a 45 or 55 with ease, but in a school zone you're like "where the heck are all the cops?" as they zip by you.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This one is new to me. The same slow drivers you'll pass in a 45 or 55 with ease, but in a school zone you're like "where the heck are all the cops?" as they zip by you.
I drive all day, so I see some stuff...Like not one, but two cars backing down the hammer lane of I-95 in New Haven because they missed their exit.
:facepalm:

lukin2006

Reaction score
Maybe this has been mentioned...spitting. How disgusting that is. Just gross...especially when people are around...

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Maybe this has been mentioned...spitting. How disgusting that is. Just gross...especially when people are around...
Depends on where you are and why you're spitting...but worse than that are the shots of athletes shooting snot rockets right on the field or the sidelines.

Winonesoon

Reaction score
When people are talking to you look them in the eyes. Don't act like you're listening.:(