Social etiquettes we could use a re-fresh on

kskboys

Reaction score
Pedestrians: Quicken your step if motorists are waiting on you. Walking really slow while they wait on you is extremely rude. It is understandable only if the pedestrian is handicapped and unable to quicken their pace.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Pedestrians: Quicken your step if motorists are waiting on you. Walking really slow while they wait on you is extremely rude. It is understandable only if the pedestrian is handicapped and unable to quicken their pace.
there's just so many rude people in this world based on our experiences in this thread.

I will say the slow cross walkers are just as bad as the speeders in parking lots, including the ones that absolutely refuse to slow down for anyone potentially in position to cross. How ridiculous is it that speed bumps were installed at a local store a few years back all because a pedestrian got hit. That is something that should never be a concern, the fact that something like that happened just shows how bad these people are. And judging by all other comments it's easy to say there's just a lot of people that simply don't care by their actions. One perspective I've had since I was young was that these people have to live somewhere, they just don't miraculously show up when you're out - for all we know half our neighbors are just dirty, lazy, trash individuals. It's probably too negative to think like this, especially when you consider the amount of crimes that happen daily on top of little things posted in this thread. Makes you really think if you're normal or not.

kskboys

Reaction score
there's just so many rude people in this world based on our experiences in this thread.

I will say the slow cross walkers are just as bad as the speeders in parking lots, including the ones that absolutely refuse to slow down for anyone potentially in position to cross. How ridiculous is it that speed bumps were installed at a local store a few years back all because a pedestrian got hit. That is something that should never be a concern, the fact that something like that happened just shows how bad these people are. And judging by all other comments it's easy to say there's just a lot of people that simply don't care by their actions. One perspective I've had since I was young was that these people have to live somewhere, they just don't miraculously show up when you're out - for all we know half our neighbors are just dirty, lazy, trash individuals. It's probably too negative to think like this, especially when you consider the amount of crimes that happen daily on top of little things posted in this thread. Makes you really think if you're normal or not.
One thing that becomes more and more clear is that politeness simply has to be forced on people. People are not going to behave out of the goodness of their hearts, no matter how many believe they should.

InTheZone

Reaction score
One thing that becomes more and more clear is that politeness simply has to be forced on people. People are not going to behave out of the goodness of their hearts, no matter how many believe they should.
without discussing specifics I believe it's easy to see things in this world that have gained or lost traction, what was widely valued before and isn't nearly as much now, in the last few decades as contributing factors to society's behaviors. Sure it's ultimately up to the individual, but we all know how easily influenced people are. I've always been a critic of social media and you see how things are playing out in front of us - not all of it is bad of course. Ok, that's enough side tracking from me lol. What you or I or any of us here see as not so good, to those people on the other end they have probably never considered any type of judgement. Makes you wonder how people made it as far as they have in life.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gotta admit, I don't do that, nor do I expect or wish to receive any. To me, it just seems unnecessary for most occasions. Now, if I were to donate a kidney, then sure, I'd appreciate a thank you card...a your best looking niece's phone number. But for most things, a text or a simple thank you next time I see you is more than adequate.
I would agree for most gifts a simple text or a phone call will do, but when I send a cash gift for a graduation or some other large gift I would like the gift was appreciated a bit more. I know whenever I sent out thank-you cards to the gift giver they were always appreciative of getting one.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I would agree for most gifts a simple text or a phone call will do, but when I send a cash gift for a graduation or some other large gift I would like the gift was appreciated a bit more. I know whenever I sent out thank-you cards to the gift giver they were always appreciative of getting one.
Did they send you a thank you card for the thank you card? It's a vicious cycle!! :laugh:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How about when you come up behind someone waiting at a stop sign, you don't pull up next to them and block their view of oncoming traffic?

InTheZone

Reaction score
How about when you come up behind someone waiting at a stop sign, you don't pull up next to them and block their view of oncoming traffic?
I have a low car compared to most by US norms, every time those idiots pull up next to me and ahead some I always put my hand up and look at them, like "yes you're ********."

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
the ************* can easily look over my car, why they insist on nearly sticking out into traffic while blocking my view is beyond irritating.
It's almost always when you're turning left and they're turning right, in which case it's usually possible for them to see what they need to see while looking over the back of your car. If it's clear to the left, but you're not going, it means there's traffic coming from the right. If that's the situation, then they can quickly make their turn and be out of your way...but only after giving you the opportunity to see if it's clear to the right.

Flamma

Reaction score

Couldn't agree more. Movie it. Knees to chest, knees to chest man!