News: Some good news on DiNucci

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Training Camp | 2021
Presented by

Battlegrounds: DiNucci A Candidate For No. 2 Job?
Jul 23, 2021 at 09:00 PM
j0qfgomedkisfzypkuyj.jpg

Kyle Youmans

On-Air Host / Producer

aanywhdebhjsfakhgcxb.jpg

Straight from the campgrounds in Oxnard, don't miss any developments surrounding the Cowboys' preseason and training camp position battles.

July 23

Mike McCarthy said Friday that second-year quarterback Ben DiNucci has put together an impressive offseason and may have closed the gap in the backup competition.

"I thought definitely he was one of the top guys in the offseason program as far as weight gain and strength gains in that particular area," McCarthy said. "We've just got to get him playing with a little more patience and a little more confidence."

Nucc could be the missing link!
I can now see a Super Bowl on the horizon.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm anxious to see what both Garrett Gilbert and DiNucci do in the preseason games.

Gotta say, I'm suspicious that Mike McCarthy is still trying to promote his "discovery."

Loso86

Reaction score
It's meant to be sunshine blown up your arse when it's really only smoke and mirrors. He has NO chance this season of being the backup QB unless Garrett gets injured. The Nooch is needed on the PS where he can continue to develop.
No chance huh, glad your on the staff and actually there to fill us in on your great insight lol just amazing

Loso86

Reaction score
Any mention of a QB not named Prescott puts people into attack mode
And that's shocking, because if he throws 1 pick in week 1 they will be calling for his head too. This fan base amazes me....often

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No chance huh, glad your on the staff and actually there to fill us in on your great insight lol just amazing
Hey, you are free to believe Ben has a chance to be the backup QB or anything else you want to believe. It's no sweat off my squirrel nuts.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Training Camp | 2021
Presented by

Battlegrounds: DiNucci A Candidate For No. 2 Job?
Jul 23, 2021 at 09:00 PM
j0qfgomedkisfzypkuyj.jpg

Kyle Youmans

On-Air Host / Producer

aanywhdebhjsfakhgcxb.jpg

Straight from the campgrounds in Oxnard, don't miss any developments surrounding the Cowboys' preseason and training camp position battles.

July 23

Mike McCarthy said Friday that second-year quarterback Ben DiNucci has put together an impressive offseason and may have closed the gap in the backup competition.

"I thought definitely he was one of the top guys in the offseason program as far as weight gain and strength gains in that particular area," McCarthy said. "We've just got to get him playing with a little more patience and a little more confidence."
I thought they cut him and got a real back up QB. That would be good news.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I seem to remember a kid named Aikman getting blasted by the Reggie White and company and looking like a pure bust at the QB position. Instead of dismissing Ben after one horrible game we should at least have a bit more patience. Even though some of you hate on Big Mike McCarthy, he is a pretty good QB evaluator and knows his stuff.
Reggie White is irrelevant and dead.
Aikman is thriving.

Loso86

Reaction score
Hey, you are free to believe Ben has a chance to be the backup QB or anything else you want to believe. It's no sweat off my squirrel nuts.
I don't believe it either lol, just saying anything is possible

catiii

Reaction score
I know this is a QB thread on the QB back up spot, but my point is, will it even matter if we didnt get better in the trenches? By week 5 or 6 I expect us to be at least showing improvement stopping the run. It will be growing pains but I think we can find our groove by midseason. Right now we dont even know who will step up at DT. Who will it be guys? For me, I think Gallimore is one. I'm confident in saying that based off last year in very bad circumstances coachingwise. I wanna see what other guy will shine next to him.
The guys who have tenure and get paid big bucks will start, regardless of talent, even if they all have broken legs. That's how the Cowboys dis-organisation and Jerral rolls.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
That small?
Dear lad, show some decorum!
But you are spot-on re Ben's chances.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Pre season starts next week, DiNucci will have his chance to prove himself along with Gilbert. I hope to see good things from both guys.

Carson

Reaction score
Pre season starts next week, DiNucci will have his chance to prove himself along with Gilbert. I hope to see good things from both guys.
I don’t think it’s much competition. Gilbert is playing with the 1s and having success meanwhile Nooch is struggling against backups

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Every time there is a thread on DiNucci you get a few people commenting on "how he throws" I'm not sure sure he throws as bad as people suggest. In that game he was under so much pressure and on about 3 occassions he threw a desperation pass to some wr in the flat right before getting whacked. He side armed those to force it into a spot (granted unsuccessfully). When he got his legs later in the game he threw a few nice passes over the middle.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s much competition. Gilbert is playing with the 1s and having success meanwhile Nooch is struggling against backups

Romo had to play with backups and 3rd string players as well at one time. All I can say is it will fall to Dinucci to try and make the most of the opportunity when it comes his way. That is all any player can do, that and continue to show up at practice and do the things he needs to do to catch the coaches eye.