News: Some good news on DiNucci

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Romo was never this bad.

Romo sat 4 years and did nothing. He was not thrown to the wolves in year 1 with behind a depleted OL. I can't say if DiNucci will make it at this level or not but if Dallas was willing to give Romo 4 years before he earned a starting job they can give DiNucci a little time to see if he progresses or not.

Carson

Reaction score
Romo sat 4 years and did nothing. He was not thrown to the wolves in year 1 with behind a depleted OL. I can't say if DiNucci will make it at this level or not but if Dallas was willing to give Romo 4 years before he earned a starting job they can give DiNucci a little time to see if he progresses or not.
A majority of scouts reported Romo would be a future starter in this league with time. He showed what was needed. DiNucci wasn’t great in college and pretty much hasn’t shown much here.

We aren’t asking to see the next Romo. But some positives coming out from him would he nice. When the reporters are at practice and laughing at how bad he is …. Yeah

Doomsday101

Reaction score
A majority of scouts reported Romo would be a future starter in this league with time. He showed what was needed. DiNucci wasn’t great in college and pretty much hasn’t shown much here.

We aren’t asking to see the next Romo. But some positives coming out from him would he nice. When the reporters are at practice and laughing at how bad he is …. Yeah

Romo sat behind Chad Hutchinson, Drew Henson and some other bums. No majority of scouts did not say that. UDFA QB do not get praise of being a future starter. You want to play revisionist history be my guest but if Romo was ranked as a future starter he would have been drafted and yet wasn't so I don't see how majority of scouts would make that claim. Sean Peyton had seen Romo and felt he had a chance to develop and Dallas was willing to sit 4 years with some poor QB in front of him.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Dallas' backups this season have a combined 80 career pass attempts, yielding a 52.5% completion percentage while averaging 5.2 yards per attempt.

Moore might have been a better option than DiNucci & Gilbert for spot starts last season, & the Cowboys won’t want to find out whether those backups have improved in 2021.

Sign Foles & show the door to these guys already. Ridiculous they're still on the roster.

Carson

Reaction score
Romo sat behind Chad Hutchinson, Drew Henson and some other bums. No majority of scouts did not say that. UDFA QB do not get praise of being a future starter. You want to play revisionist history be my guest but if Romo was ranked as a future starter he would have been drafted and yet wasn't so I don't see how majority of scouts would make that claim. Sean Peyton had seen Romo and felt he had a chance to develop and Dallas was willing to sit 4 years with some poor QB in front of him.
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/scouting-report-on-tony-romo-in-draft-insiders-03-yearbook.156152/

quickccc

Reaction score
Jeff Cavanaugh per 105.3 fan gBag crew continues to really blast da Nooch

Says observing Ben since camp opened.." nooch simply does not belong in NFL...not an NFL QB at all. " ...
..."And cowboys need to leave him behind. "

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Jeff Cavanaugh per 105.3 fan gBag crew continues to really blast da Nooch

Says observing Ben since camp opened.." nooch simply does not belong in NFL...not an NFL QB at all. " ...
..."And cowboys need to leave him behind. "
It's been a brutal day for him. GBag Nation is quite literally pointing and laughing at him today.

Good news is they seem to like Gilbert.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
unless one of the other QB's is hurt, he's going to get cut.

Garrett has the #2 job locked.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
One of the guys said he hasn't completed a pass yet in camp. It's hyperbole of course, but the snaps I saw he was really bad.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

I love these projects!
Let's have 50 projects and see where that gets us!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I love these projects!
Let's have 50 projects and see where that gets us!

Cowboys are not the only team who will look to develop a QB over a period of time. Making an exaggerated remark only make you look foolish. I think DiNucci is still a long shot to make it but he is entering his 2nd and the one thing that concerned me happened which was he was forced into action no where close to being ready and put behind an OL that was a disaster due to a rash of injuries. There was a reason Romo sat behind bum QB and that was Parcells knew he was not ready and forcing him in to action would do more damage than good.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Cowboys are not the only team who will look to develop a QB over a period of time. Making an exaggerated remark only make you look foolish. I think DiNucci is still a long shot to make it but he is entering his 2nd and the one thing that concerned me happened which was he was forced into action no where close to being ready and put behind an OL that was a disaster due to a rash of injuries. There was a reason Romo sat behind bum QB and that was Parcells knew he was not ready and forcing him in to action would do more damage than good.

Sure, let's burn a roster spot on DiNucci. Let's open a day care center for projects, foolish man with stars in yer eyes.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Sure, let's burn a roster spot on DiNucci. Let's open a day care center for projects, foolish man with stars in yer eyes.
How long did Aaron Rogers sit on the bench? And Romo, how about him? To me,if a player is not good enough to be looked at, then why draft him in the freakin first place.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Hes got the #4 Camp QB job right now.

Unless he can beat out Rush, he's going to get cut.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Hes got the #4 Camp QB job right now.

Unless he can beat out Rush, he's going to get cut.
When somebody sees something respectable out of Cooper Rush, please let me know.He's been around awhile.
I knew it was gonna to come to this.The most important position in football is qb and it always being taken for granted with this team. Go figure.:huh:

Last edited:

Rayman70

Reaction score
GG is a better option than the nuc. If Dak goes down we are done.Unless we pick up a half decent vet.