Some of y'all will never get it

75boyz

Reaction score
this is a 100% true statement, but it needs to be pointed out that its true about every coach and player on the team and over multiple decades..no one played in that GB game..if it was a 1 player/coach failure over 1 tenure, then yeah replace that player/coach. Can you honestly say this has only happened with MM and Dak? How many "Chokers" have left this org and won with another one? those were the lucky chokers i guess...
Yeah, its just that this new Cowboys era is not being coached by an unqualified, inept Coach in Training for 10 years.
This HC won a Super Bowl and lotsa playoff games.

So i disagree as to putting all the team failure blame under a singular GM blanket when this so called accomplished HC sucks at his job of winning playoff games too.
And the primary reason the incompetent one was fired and this one hired was to win playoff games.

So yeah. The current HC definitely gets his share of the current team failure blame.
Hes sucked in 3 of 4 playoff games.

Last edited:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Yeah, its just that this new Cowboys era is not being coached by an unqualified, inept Coach in Training for 10 years.
This HC won a Super Bowl and lotsa playoff games.

So i disagree as to putting all the team failure blame under a singular GM blanket when this so called accomplished HC sucks at his job of winning playoff games too.
And the primary reason the incompetent one was fired and this one hired was to win playoff games.

So yeah. The current HC definitely gets his share of the current team failure blame.
Hes sucked in 3 of 4 playoff games.
sure but only here..thats my point, he deserves the blame same as the players...but at this point can we not say things ABOVE the players and coaches probably needs to change for any personel changes to actually fix the issue we have had for almost 30 years..thats what im saying..

Last edited:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It truly is Cap.
It can easily become the Just Blame Jerry punchline around here for every single on field performance flaw by any player or coach.

He's got a larger portion of the blame no doubt.

But,
It's like the lines of responsibility have become blurred.

I mean, was Jerry responsible for having the team prepared to play the Packers or the Head Coach?

Like I've said, I think all 3 suck at their jobs. So for this current GM, HC and QB blame pie it's a 50%-Jerry, 25%-McCheese and 25%-Dak.

But opinions will always vary I guess.

I'll start responding almost every post now with Just Blame Jerry, LOL
I think cap is an excuse. Other teams have to deal with the same cap limitations.

I also think blaming the head coach and the quarterback doesn't hold up (completely). We haven't been to an NFC Championship Game in 28 years, we've had several head coaches and quarterbacks since then.

Yes, there are always multiple factors involved in coming up short, but the one constant in our failures is the front office. We shouldn't just blame Jerry, but we also should realize that he's the one part of the equation that has not changed.

I think fans get distracted from that by a bad performance, bad coaching decision, etc. The way you overcome the bad things that happen is by putting together a team that has players at every level who can step up. The front office's main fault is its approach to roster building, which leaves this team with weak links that break under pressure.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I think cap is an excuse. Other teams have to deal with the same cap limitations.

I also think blaming the head coach and the quarterback doesn't hold up (completely). We haven't been to an NFC Championship Game in 28 years, we've had several head coaches and quarterbacks since then.

Yes, there are always multiple factors involved in coming up short, but the one constant in our failures is the front office. We shouldn't just blame Jerry, but we also should realize that he's the one part of the equation that has not changed.

I think fans get distracted from that by a bad performance, bad coaching decision, etc. The way you overcome the bad things that happen is by putting together a team that has players at every level who can step up. The front office's main fault is its approach to roster building, which leaves this team with weak links that break under pressure.
this 1000% we go round and round about "Get this player" or "get that HC" when if thats the only thing changing then the results will not change...

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

Just because there is a constant does not mean the constant is cause. You guys are really bad at deduction. Nevermind that Jerry has been GM for longer than 28 years.

This whole paradigm of fault and blame is asinine.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol.

Dak Prescott is getting tons of blame. Here. Social media. Talking sports heads. It's enormous.

Ditto for Mike McCarthy.

Other coaches and players are getting the leftover criticism.

Know who ISN'T getting an appropriate share of blame?

It is the person who made Prescott happen. The person who made McCarthy happen. The person who okayed EVERY player acquisition.

But no. Let's not talking about that guy. He is a 'part-timer'. He doesn't really have any say so in his own organization, does he? Let's just keep laughing at him not making any player and coaching hiring decisions that end up being talked about the most by the same people who want to leave him out of conversations.

Yep. That's the ticket. ~Mr. Spock eyebrow raise~

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
lol.

Dak Prescott is getting tons of blame. Here. Social media. Talking sports heads. It's enormous.

Ditto for Mike McCarthy.

It is the person who made Prescott happen. The person who made McCarthy happen. The person who okayed EVERY player acquisition.

But no. Let's not talking about that guy. He is a 'part-timer'. He doesn't really have any say so in his own organization, does he? Let's just keep laughing at him not making any player and coaching hiring decisions that end up being talked about the most by the same people who want to leave him out of conversations.

this!

75boyz

Reaction score
sure but only here..thats my point, he deserves the blame same as the players...but at this point can we not say things ABOVE the players and coaches probably needs to change for any personell changes to actually fix the issue we have had for almost 30 years..thats what im saying..
I believe certain current and past head coach and QB tandems could actually "overcome" Jerry's meddling to the tune of winning at least one ring.
How long that relationship with said coach/QB would last afterwards is anybody's guess.

And of course is the blatantly obvious question of would Jerry ever hire this type of coach and pick the right QB ever again in order to win?

No idea, but probably not.

But Jerry felt some pressure post Garrett and chose the resume of the current HC for his post season and SB success and rightfully sold this to the public for his hiring.

Its just that Jimmy and Bill demonstrated how they could overcome the Jerry culture.
Mac has shown he is not in the same universe as Jimmy or Bill as a leader and should be sued for coaching malpractice for winning only ONE SB with prime Rodgers during all those years. Hes a fraud of a playoff coach imo.

But yeah, as for the overall Cowboys dysfunction, Jerry's the common denominator. I'm more talking about since Mac was hired but whatever.

McCarthy should share in this current Cowboys failure blame.

Run it back and buy into us indeed. LOL

But as always, opinions will vary.

75boyz

Reaction score
lol.

Ditto for Mike McCarthy.

Jerry's hiring of Mike McCarthy and drafting Dak Prescott does not in any way shape or form absolve a SB winning coach and League MVP candidate QB from not being prepared to play against GB.

For some strange reason, some blame the GM for these individual performances.

They don't get a free pass from the blame game to suck at their jobs because Jerry hired them.

At least not from me.

But again, opinions vary.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry's hiring of Mike McCarthy and drafting Dak Prescott does not in any way shape or form absolve a SB winning coach and League MVP candidate QB from not being prepared to play against GB.

They don't get a free pass from the blame game to suck at their jobs because Jerry hired them.

At least not from me.

Wait. I would like responding completely but a question first. Who has absolved Prescott and McCarthy's job performance because Jones hired them?

75boyz

Reaction score
Wait. I would like responding completely but a question first. Who has absolved Prescott and McCarthy's job performance because Jones hired them?
My reading comprehension of this OP is that it either implies or directly states that it does not matter what coach or QB or any other entity is hired, drafted or acquired...

That as long as it remains under Jerry's watch, then the sole blame for dysfunction remains with Jerry.

My response and posts to this premise is centered around the McCarthy era of Cowboys football.

The OP's gist would be more understandable if we were still in the midst of Jason Garrett's tenure and I would share in giving the lion's share of the blame to a GM who hired an unqualified, inept coach and stuck with him for a decade.
I too would bring the blame pie to most assuredly resting on that GM.

It's different when he chose Mac for coach.
Mac's accomplishments stand on their own merit.
He was hired primarily to win playoff games and a Superbowl because he had done it before.

This OP attempts to wrap all the McCarthy era dysfunction into the same blame game scenario as to under Garrett's watch. And that is to blame the GM for the hiring if the coach. That was the right mindset then. Cuz Garrett didn't know what he was doing.

Supposedly, as per his past accomplishments, McCarthy does.

I hold McCarthy individually responsible in failing to prepare this team.

I hold Jerry responsible for hiring an unqualified coach in terms of the Garrett era blame pie.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My reading comprehension of this OP is that it either implies or directly states that it does not matter what coach or QB or any other entity is hired, drafted or acquired...

That as long as it remains under Jerry's watch, then the sole blame for dysfunction remains with Jerry.

My response and posts to this premise is centered around the McCarthy era of Cowboys football.

The OP's gist would be more understandable if we were still in the midst of Jason Garrett's tenure and I would share in giving the lion's share of the blame to a GM who hired an unqualified, inept coach and stuck with him for a decade.

He was hired primarily to win playoff games and a Superbowl because he had done it before.

This OP attempts to wrap all the McCarthy era dysfunction into the same blame game scenario as to under Garrett's watch. And that is to blame the GM for the hiring if the coach. That was the right mindset then. Cuz Garrett didn't know what he was doing.

I hold Jerry responsible for hiring an unqualified coach in terms of the Garrett era blame pie.
Understood.

Jerry Jones is responsible for neutering the overall effectiveness of his entire football organization by his actions as general manager. In the instance of Mike McCarthy, Jones, as GM, should have:
  • hired McCarthy and gave him complete autonomy over football team-related affairs--including optimizing the roster through drafting all players and acquiring all free agents he and the coaching staff approves and recommends
  • all coaching staff additions and subtractions
  • all locker room/practice field/gameday player interactions (i.e. no press conferences--joint or otherwise)
  • minimizing or eliminating all comments for the media that disseminate to the public and eventually the players that may not coincide with McCarthy's communications to the players
  • approve all player disciplinary actions submitted by McCarthy without input, opposition or alternatives (including rescinding)
  • remove his fat <expletive> out of the center chair in the draft room
There may be more but those are off the top of my head. A GM hires a head coach to be the head coach. A GM should not hire but then inject himself into what makes a head coach most effective. A GM should want a head coach, who is the only individual his coaches and players imprint their team's identity upon. And if that hiring proves ineffective over a set period of evaluation? A GM should fire the head coach, do a proper, thorough search and interview process, and repeat all of the above.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score

At least not from me.

Their support of the players and coaches that Jerry selected, shows Jerry that he has done a great job.

Jerry loves them, he knows he's doing good now.

37456ebc-45bd-4a7e-bb5d-ab6ba8d40afc-small.jpg

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The issue with that is we ( I assume all of us) do not know the pressures, limitations, directives, etc Jerry/Stephen put on MM.

An Example? I dunno...say.... did MM ask for a RB?

There's probably no a LOT to my thought...it's just an unclear, undefined dynamic that may have effected things.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Understood.

Jerry Jones is responsible for neutering the overall effectiveness of his entire football organization by his actions as general manager. In the instance of Mike McCarthy, Jones, as GM, should have:
  • hired McCarthy and gave him complete autonomy over football team-related affairs--including optimizing the roster through drafting all players and acquiring all free agents he and the coaching staff approves and recommends
  • all locker room/practice field/gameday player interactions (i.e. no press conferences--joint or otherwise)
  • minimizing or eliminating all comments for the media that disseminate to the public and eventually the players that may not coincide with McCarthy's communications to the players
  • approve all player disciplinary actions submitted by McCarthy without input, opposition or alternatives (including rescinding)
There may be more but those are off the top of my head. A GM hires a head coach to be the head coach. A GM should not hire but then inject himself into what makes a head coach most effective. A GM should want a head coach, who is the only individual his coaches and players imprint their team's identity upon. And if that hiring proves ineffective over a set period of evaluation? A GM should fire the head coach, do a proper, thorough search and interview process, and repeat all of the above.
I think you beat me to it in a way more refined way. :starspin::clap:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Understood.

some here can not understand you are in no way defending the players or HC..your simply stating the ridiculously obvious....diferent players and HC's are not going to change the outcome if you dont change the main problem which is how the head honcho is runnning things.....

75boyz

Reaction score
Understood.

Yep, I hear ya man.
What I truly wasnt expecting was when Jerry caved to McCarthys release of Moore which was something I never thought he'd do because I thought Moore was gonna be Jerry's Garrett Part II. I was very surprised. He gave up more power to McCarthy than I thought.

And I am totally on board with your post regarding how a real GM and HC should be in lockstep in the building of the team and who's job it is to do what.

In this case or OP, I just thought that McCarthy was getting a free pass on team failure because of the same old past blame it on Jerry philosophy.

In 3 of the 4 playoff games under his tenure this coach has not had his team prepared.

And that's not Jerry's fault.
Bout all I got.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
some here don't understand or comprehend that the more they support Jerry's bad choice, the more he thinks he's doing well.

lmao,I be they are the same ones buying the gear and prancing around jumping rainbows.

sad it really is.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
some here don't understand or comprehend that the more they support Jerry's bad choice, the more he thinks he's doing well.

lmao,I be they are the same ones buying the gear and prancing around jumping rainbows.

sad it really is.
lol not everything posted is about you..lol you need ahug?