Some of y'all will never get it

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The lengths some go to tie themselves in knots, for the sake of maintaining hope, is both baffling and amazing at the same time.

There's a degree of Stockholm Syndrome with part of this fan base. They defend their captors, despite them being the only constant during their decades of frustration.
I'll take that over the avoidable, self induced misery all year long. FFS, why do people come here if they don't enjoy the game?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Just because Jerry is not going anywhere doesn't mean he's not the problem. Your car has 4 flat tires but you're going to get the engine checked because it wont get up to speed? No, the flat tires are your issue whether you like it or not.
And to Jethro & Sons credit we aren’t a bottom dwelling team .

Considering our dysfunctional organization they have remarkably built a 12 win playoff contender . Something about half of the league who have normal operations wish they could do.

The bigger problem becomes the fact our ownership attempts to hype the team they have built is more than what it is . And fans and media buy into it . And then when it comes up short all of the talking points follow.

If we could just accept we are what we are and lower the expectations appreciating we aren’t a 5-11 team . Actually I’m impressed we can even muster a playoff caliber team with these Bozo’s running the show .

We are not a championship caliber franchise any longer. Only in name. And our owner has pimped the ride exploiting our brand . And he’s done it very well despite not building a championship caliber team . Still living off the laurels Jimmy built 3 decades ago.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'll take that over the avoidable, self induced misery all year long. FFS, why do people come here if they don't enjoy the game?
Yep

Like Couch Coach used to say. Accept our franchise for what it’s become and enjoy each game on its own merit.

And that’s what I try to do. I’ve lowered expectations and simply enjoy the 60 minutes hopefully for at least 17 meaningful games.

That’s enough entertainment for my Buck to turn the game on each week.

Don’t have to buy in to all the hoopla and hopes for deeper runs or championships . If it comes , fine . Just enjoy each game .

Great vision by old Coach. And made it much more enjoyable despite all of the aggravation and disappointment.

Reactions: G2

fivetwos

Reaction score
And to Jethro & Sons credit we aren’t a bottom dwelling team .

Considering our dysfunctional organization they have remarkably built a 12 win playoff contender . Something about half of the league who have normal operations wish they could do.

The bigger problem becomes the fact our ownership attempts to hype the team they have built is more than what it is . And fans and media buy into it . And then when it comes up short all of the talking points follow.

If we could just accept we are what we are and lower the expectations appreciating we aren’t a 5-11 team . Actually I’m impressed we can even muster a playoff caliber team with these Bozo’s running the show .

We are not a championship caliber franchise any longer. Only in name. And our owner has pimped the ride exploiting our brand . And he’s done it very well despite not building a championship caliber team . Still living off the laurels Jimmy built 3 decades ago.
I really don’t think they know their product is inferior and therefore overhype it, I think they think what they are doing is working, and the best approach, despite a huge sample size to the contrary.

I believe they could have had a shot to win over the last season or few, but refused to add the necessary supplements because they thought they could get away with not.

So now instead of having big time cap issues, they will have just cap issues, and win nothing along the way. Not even close. Nice plan.

I think it gets much more mediocre from here for a couple of years before it really gets ugly.

Maybe in 5-6 years or so when Jerry isn’t fit to speak in public the kids will back off and hire someone to run things.

I know that sounds doubtful but they aren’t going to be able to get away with “we will do anything to win,” which actually means “we will do anything to avoid one bad season,” forever.

kskboys

Reaction score
I really don’t think they know their product is inferior and therefore overhype it, I think they think what they are doing is working, and the best approach, despite a huge sample size to the contrary.

I believe they could have had a shot to win over the last season or few, but refused to add the necessary supplements because they thought they could get away with not.

So now instead of having big time cap issues, they will have just cap issues, and win nothing along the way. Not even close. Nice plan.

I think it gets much more mediocre from here for a couple of years before it really gets ugly.

Maybe in 5-6 years or so when Jerry isn’t fit to speak in public the kids will back off and hire someone to run things.

I know that sounds doubtful but they aren’t going to be able to get away with “we will do anything to win,” which actually means “we will do anything to avoid one bad season,” forever.
Good post, but one change. They refused to add the necessary supplements because they don't understand what we need.

kskboys

Reaction score
He doesn’t have to undermine everything to undermine or meddle enough to cause some disruption and belittling whatever culture the HC has attempted to implement .

We saw it with Parcells when he insisted on signing TO when Bill clearly didn’t want him.

We saw it with Garrett when he took away his play calling duties .

And with MM having to let go of his DC.

Off the field we saw his meddling with Zekes situation which arguably cost additional suspension time .

And it doesn’t matter if it’s all bad or not . The fact players know the buck doesn’t stop with their HC creates the country club atmosphere Jimmy has referred to.
Couple more.

Wade levied a fine on Barber for breaking team rules. Jerry rescinded that fine.

Twice now Jerry has forced an OC on an incoming HC. Makes zero sense.

2nd round pick olio. If the 2nd round is not on Jerry, then explain to me how we've missed that pick, year after year after year. Jerry's meddling.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Jerry gonna play with his favorite toy however he wants. All of us can suck it. I want to be a millionaire but i am not willing to make the tough decisions and put in the hard work to make that a reality. Jerry wants to win the super bowl but he is not willing to make the tough decisions and put in the hard work to make that a reality. We both deserve everything we have coming to us.

75boyz

Reaction score
And for the zillionth time I'll respond that ALL 3 positions of GM, HC & QB1 are the foundation to NFL success. Not just this common denominator bring it all back to Jerry crap.
HE gets 50 percent of it.
McCheese gets 25 percent.
Dak gets the other 25 percent.

Again...
Just because Jerry Jones hired MCCheese and drafted SleepNumber does NOT make him responsible for them to suck at their jobs!

The team was not ready to play GB.
NOT Jerry's job.
Dak was not ready to play GB.
NOT Jerry's job.

One is a SB winning coach.
One is a 2023 MVP candidate.

They failed at their jobs too.

kskboys

Reaction score
And for the zillionth time I'll respond that ALL 3 positions of GM, HC & QB1 are the foundation to NFL success. Not just this common denominator bring it all back to Jerry crap.
HE gets 50 percent of it.
McCheese gets 25 percent.
Dak gets the other 25 percent.

Again...
Just because Jerry Jones hired MCCheese and drafted SleepNumber does NOT make him responsible for them to suck at their jobs!

The team was not ready to play GB.
NOT Jerry's job.
Dak was not ready to play GB.
NOT Jerry's job.

One is a SB winning coach.
One is a 2023 MVP candidate.

They failed at their jobs too.
Look up the responsibilities of a CEO/boss and you'll immediately realize the bolded is absolutely not true.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Couple more.

Wade levied a fine on Barber for breaking team rules. Jerry rescinded that fine.

Twice now Jerry has forced an OC on an incoming HC. Makes zero sense.

2nd round pick olio. If the 2nd round is not on Jerry, then explain to me how we've missed that pick, year after year after year. Jerry's meddling.
The second round problem is more about forcing need for whichever position they didn’t get in the first round. They deserve what they get for approaching it that way.

Jerry wants to pick the coordinators.

He as much as made Parcells, a literal innovator of the 34 defense, to keep Zimmer and his 43. Two years wasted before BP got his way, then by the time it was built, Jerry was like….thanks, I’ll take it from here.

Took three years to destroy that and damn if Parcells didn’t say so at his exit PC.

Then comes Garrett and his “process” and “right kind of guy.” A full decade of that. What crap.

We have forgotten much of exactly how poorly this organization has been run.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yep

Like Couch Coach used to say. Accept our franchise for what it’s become and enjoy each game on its own merit.

And that’s what I try to do. I’ve lowered expectations and simply enjoy the 60 minutes hopefully for at least 17 meaningful games.

That’s enough entertainment for my Buck to turn the game on each week.

Don’t have to buy in to all the hoopla and hopes for deeper runs or championships . If it comes , fine . Just enjoy each game .

Great vision by old Coach. And made it much more enjoyable despite all of the aggravation and disappointment.
Yep, that's why I don't understand such highs and lows. It's a little sad.

kskboys

Reaction score
The second round problem is more about forcing need for whichever position they didn’t get in the first round. They deserve what they get for approaching it that way.

Jerry wants to pick the coordinators.

He as much as made Parcells, a literal innovator of the 34 defense, to keep Zimmer and his 43. Two years wasted before BP got his way, then by the time it was built, Jerry was like….thanks, I’ll take it from here.

Took three years to destroy that and damn if Parcells didn’t say so at his exit PC.

Then comes Garrett and his “process” and “right kind of guy.” A full decade of that. What crap.

We have forgotten much of exactly how poorly this organization has been run.
Doesn't appear to be. Schooner and Escobar were not needs.

I think it's often about players who were rated higher but fell due to bad stuff. Gregory and Jaylon. Connor Williams and Sean Lee were known injury issues players.

And we also take combine standouts/traits guys who can't play, Sam Williams and Kelvin Joseph.

Mostly, the 2nd round picks simply don't make sense.

75boyz

Reaction score
Look up the responsibilities of a CEO/boss and you'll immediately realize the bolded is absolutely not true.
I am fully aware of the job description and responsibilities of the GM, HC and QB1 of an NFL team.
This post is just another attempt to wrap up the blame of team failure into a neat little blame it all on Jerry and be done with it ball.

I just don't let the head coach and starting quarterback off the hook for failing at their jobs like the majority here does. They are the other 2 foundational pieces to NFL team success.

The HC is a SB winner.
The QB is an MVP finalist.

They both failed miserably against Green Bay.
Not Jerry.

Them failing at their jobs has nothing to do with Jerry.
Regardless if Jerry hired or drafted them.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I am fully aware of the job description and responsibilities of the GM, HC and QB1 of an NFL team.
This post is just another attempt to wrap up the blame of team failure into a neat little blame it all on Jerry and be done with it ball.

I just don't let the head coach and starting quarterback off the hook for performing their jobs like the majority here does.
The HC is a SB winner.
The QB is an MVP finalist.

They failed.
Them failing at their jobs has nothing to do with Jerry.
Regardless if Jerry hired or drafted them.
Yes and No.

While our HC and QB do hold responsibility for their individual performance the overall atmosphere and culture must also be held at least partially responsible .

Perhaps our QB is over rated. He has a history of poor performances against better teams on the bigger stages as well.

And while MM did win a SB , he eventually struggled with a HOF QB and was fired. And basically no one was knocking on his door until we called.

Jethro is ultimately held responsible if these hires are over hyped regardless how much he undermines the situation .

75boyz

Reaction score
Yes and No.

While our HC and QB do hold responsibility for their individual performance the overall atmosphere and culture must also be held at least partially responsible .

Perhaps our QB is over rated. He has a history of poor performances against better teams on the bigger stages as well.

And while MM did win a SB , he eventually struggled with a HOF QB and was fired. And basically no one was knocking on his door until we called.
Yeah, I just see it differently with regards to assigning team failure blame when it comes to the HC and QB regardless if Jerry hired or drafted them.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yeah, I just see it differently with regards to assigning team failure blame when it comes to the HC and QB regardless if Jerry hired or drafted them.
If this was only an occurrence during this QB and or HC tenure then I might be more apt to agree. But this culture and atmosphere has been a mainstay throughout several HC’s and QB’s with one constant this era in place.

That doesn’t mean individual players have some responsibility for their poor performances. But the bigger point is perhaps the team and talent were over hyped.

And when up against better teams and talent is more of a reflection the level of talent they are. Which would translate to poor front office decisions over paying and over hyping placing them in position to lead your team.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Doesn't appear to be. Schooner and Escobar were not needs.

I think it's often about players who were rated higher but fell due to bad stuff. Gregory and Jaylon. Connor Williams and Sean Lee were known injury issues players.

And we also take combine standouts/traits guys who can't play, Sam Williams and Kelvin Joseph.

Mostly, the 2nd round picks simply don't make sense.
Yep, there’s a lot of “would have been a first rounder if not for…”

I do think they thought they needed a TE in the last draft. It was not an overall great draft, but TE was deep, and maybe why they decided to pass on LaPorta in the 1st.

Then there was a run and options were dwindling. I didn’t hate it as much as most at the time, but it reeked of desperation.

Joseph was absolutely forced when they didn’t get Surtain or Horn in the first in that year.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Oh I think most of us get it. Just that you can't do zero about it so we resort to talking about what can be changed and that is the coaches and players. Just holding out hope that we catch lightning in a bottle just one time and make a run. You'd have to have your head buried in the sand at this point to not know the real culprit of the demise for almost 3 decades.

But one issue I do see is so many think this gets better once Jerry steps down/dies. Not even close. Stephen is way worse than Jerry. You don't think Jerry's ego and ignorance has bled through his family blood? The Jones family will never sell.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
He doesn’t have to undermine everything to undermine or meddle enough to cause some disruption and belittling whatever culture the HC has attempted to implement .

We saw it with Parcells when he insisted on signing TO when Bill clearly didn’t want him.

We saw it with Garrett when he took away his play calling duties .

And with MM having to let go of his DC.

Off the field we saw his meddling with Zekes situation which arguably cost additional suspension time .

And it doesn’t matter if it’s all bad or not . The fact players know the buck doesn’t stop with their HC creates the country club atmosphere Jimmy has referred to.
He insisted on signing a top flight WR that we lacked that clearly helped the team and the offense. That scoundrel. We surely were better off with an aged Johnson and Glenn.

He took away the play-calling duties of the HC so he could focus on coaching and since his offense clearly wasn't getting it done. What a terrible guy.

He "made" MM get rid of a guy who ran one of the worst defense we've seen here? What was he thinking?

Clearly none of these moves (all 3 you've listed) bothered the HC so much they threw down their play books and walked out the door.

I still don't see the country club atmosphere. Well, I do, but that's the same at every organization. It's what the players have been lobbying for every time the CBA is up. Less practice, more money. A majority of players aren't the same guys from before who played simply because they loved the game. These guys play because they have rare athletic ability and see a chance at being set for life from playing a game for a few years. Hard nosed disciplinarian coaches don't work anymore. Neither of the coaches in the Super Bowl fit that mold.