Some of you all are just embarassing

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by bbailey423, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Keithfansince5

Keithfansince5 Well-Known Member

4,543 Messages
    4,698 Likes Received
    I don't disagree with anything you said here. I think Dallas is a closet pass happy team just waiting to come out. haha.

kskboys and LACowboysFan1 like this.
  2. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

15,804 Messages
    18,057 Likes Received
    He wasn't. For all his size, Okoye was a speed back w/ no wiggle. He really wasn't all that good. Got a lot of press because he was huge and ran a 4.3 forty.

3. kskboys

15,804 Messages
    18,057 Likes Received
    They were avoiding running the ball until they ended up at 3-5.

Keithfansince5 likes this.
  4. kskboys

15,804 Messages
    18,057 Likes Received
    Serious question: Why do you think Lassic was talented? He had a 3 year NFL career, and 1993 was the only year he got carries. He was 75/269/3.6 YPC. He played for us in 94 and got zero carries, and the Panthers in 95 and got zero carries. I'm simply not getting your comparison here at all.

Melonfeud and Keithfansince5 like this.
  5. catiii

catiii Zone Supporter

1,080 Messages
    1,415 Likes Received
    Well, STOP IT!!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    Melonfeud likes this.
  6. armadillooutlaw

armadillooutlaw Well-Known Member

1,791 Messages
    2,482 Likes Received
    Zeke's a great RB, nobody is denying that.
    There is also nobody saying "just plug in another McFadden, everything will be fine".
    Most of the "don't overpay Zeke" crowd - myself included - understand that if the OL is healthy and back to dominating, you can plug in a pretty good back (think of DeMarco Murray in 2014) and defenses will have to stack the box like they have with Zeke. It's not a belief that any ol' scrub RB equals Zeke, or that they shouldn't try to retain Zeke at the right price.
    None of this happens in a vacuum. They have to manage the salary cap, and if it comes down to it, will have to make some tough decisions and may have to let one of these great young players go. It's a lot to consider. Teams like NE, PITT, BAL, GB, NYG, have had to let great players walk in the past, and usually manage to find a quality replacement on a rookie contract to plug in and keep on chugging. Such is life.

kskboys likes this.
  7. JD_KaPow

JD_KaPow jimnabby

7,405 Messages
    5,623 Likes Received
    You got one thing right: some people on here are embarrassing.

8. Blackrain

Blackrain Well-Known Member

2,182 Messages
    2,953 Likes Received
    Agreed he is one of the more physical RBs in the league but if we could get the production from a much cheaper back in Pollard that would let us sign more talent and ultimately better the team I am not against that . If Zeke continues to hold out we might get to see just what we have in Pollard

9. Blackrain

2,182 Messages
    2,953 Likes Received
    My bad forgot about Czonka and Riggins was formidable to

Melonfeud likes this.
  10. Blackrain

2,182 Messages
    2,953 Likes Received
    Well its Jerrys money and if it was me I wouldnt feel real comfortable signing him for big money period. Thats why he has no endorsements nobody trusts his character because he continues to screw up .

Would you invest all your cash on an ultra talented guy that has a very real chance of getting drunk putting his hands on someone and getting banned from the NFL.

I dont know why you are in such a panic , So do something even if its wrong , NO WAY patients will prevail in this situation because for once we are in the driver's seat and have all the leverage.

Jerry probably would have given him top money by now if he was in camp doing his job but Jerry is the freakin BOSS and worked hard to get where he is and sure as heck isnt going to be told what he is going to to do by some young punk who makes poor decisions like Zeke

Zeke knows his credibility and respect is gone probably kills him seeing Dak in all the commercials. He thinks being the highest paid will get him respect . He is wrong till he fixes his character issues he will have no respect and trying to strong-arm Jerry is going to make it worse

Melonfeud likes this.
  11. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

10,275 Messages
    5,489 Likes Received
    The RBs you named gained the least impactful yards possible that came after the game was over McFadden had 1000 yards with most of them coming at the end of games when defenses was letting him run to run the clock off. He had no meaningful yards at all.

kskboys and bbailey423 like this.
  12. Melonfeud

Melonfeud I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe. Zone Supporter

20,834 Messages
    31,865 Likes Received
    * Jim Brown ,9 years in the league, 9 consecutive pro bowl appearances:bow:

Blackrain likes this.
  13. Melonfeud

20,834 Messages
    31,865 Likes Received
    That is beyond Hilarious
    :lmao::lmao2::lmao:

catiii likes this.
  14. Melonfeud

20,834 Messages
    31,865 Likes Received
    Or that Mike Alstott for that matter,12 punishing years in the league

Blackrain likes this.
  15. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

6,361 Messages
    2,750 Likes Received
    Trting convincing the fans that cite what McFadden did with this OL.

16. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

6,361 Messages
    2,750 Likes Received
    Yoh cannot measure zekes production by just looking at the stats. That is the point of this thread! And zekes stats are better than EVERYBODY'S!

17. Melonfeud

20,834 Messages
    31,865 Likes Received
    :lmao:,,,er,,,COPY on that
    Beatle Bailey,,,CUZ' YOU SAY IT'S SO:thumbup:

:lmao:lmao:lmao:

18. Blackrain

2,182 Messages
    2,953 Likes Received
    I fully understand your point in that Zekes punishing running style wears a defense down and can have them smoked by the 4th qtr . No one loves power running more than I do trust me .

That said I have gotten really tired of having a good offense one talented enough to win playoff games but a defense that just gives it up and kills their best efforts . We have a playoff defense now but we are going to have to pay those guys also . As good as Zeke is we just cant afford to pay him top money and have him do something stupid and not be able to play .

We have to do what's best to keep the most talent on the team and that may not be paying Zeke top money 2 yrs before we actually have to. Jerry will do what he wants but if Im paying a guy top money I want his character to be good enough that I dont have to worry about losing my investment through off field issues .

These suspensions are the bain of my existence beyond tired of that crap would hate to have to give up a couple of high character guys on defense to pay Zeke and then have him spit the bit again

kskboys and Melonfeud like this.
  19. jay94

jay94 Well-Known Member

1,254 Messages
    748 Likes Received

As many want to hate on Mcfadden, our problems were NO throwing capabilities which in this era is more important than a good run game. Also our offensive line that year was 31st in penalties, tell me how are you going to move the ball when you can't throw the ball and way behind the chains? I'm sorry running back, with the cap era, can't afford him, I could care less if he comes back. Going from adequate to very good in terms of running back is a very small edge, now you want to talk about qb, pass rusher, offensive tackles or receiver, you have a monumental gap. Someone clearly broke down all his stats, and showed he was above average. He never has had MVP votes, and on pff was no where near the tops. A clear Cowboy bias that never stops hurting this team. I would rather pay an average Dak than Elliot. No you can't pay everyone, if we want no defense sign Elliot.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  20. Northern_Cowboy

Northern_Cowboy Well-Known Member

1,678 Messages
    1,788 Likes Received

The problem with your post is you are making the assumption that Pollard won't be able to force teams into making a "BUSINESS DECISION" never make assumptions. If Pollard were to start the season and in his 1st game carry 21 times for say 109 and in his 2nd game rush 22 times for say 110, plus throw in 1 or 2 catches a game, i guarantee you buy the 3rd game of the season opposing D's would be forced to make business decisions regarding Pollard. I get your point but until you see what Pollard can do in a real NFL...well quite frankly you can't make an informed decision as to what defenses will do to stop him