Some people need to stop this Troy wasn't elite take

Legend

Reaction score
You dorks perpetuate the misnomer; the Cowboys won three Super Bowl rings in the 90s not Aikman.
If your QB does not elevate his play in the playoffs and is not the best QB on the field; the team’s chances for post season success are not that great.

Romo’s playoff passer rating:

2006 Season Wild Card: 89.6
2007 Divisional: 64.7 (Eli’s 132.4)
2009 Season Wild Card: 104.9
2009 Season Divisional: 66.1 (Favre’s 134.4)
2014 Season Wild Card: 114
2014 Season Divisional: 143.6

Romo play well during the 2014 playoffs.

His play during the 2007 and 2009 Divisional Playoff round was not good.

ottawacowpoke

Reaction score
Comparing their rosters is beyond laughable.

You must believe Romo would not have won a SB with Troy' supporting cast and Troy would have won with Romo's supporting cast.

Now that is funny.
Where did I say that? Show me.

kskboys

Reaction score
And he was only there for the last super bowl , I think his rookie year.
OK, let's get this straight. We had an OL that consistently opened holes for the RB and gave Aikman time for coffee and doughnuts in the pocket. And they weren't that good because they're not HOFers?

Do people think before they type?

Reactions: Ken

Chasing6

Reaction score
You know who you are. Troy Aikman was a legendary quarterback and he was one of the best! Enough of this bull. You youngsters have no idea what you missed with that man. He was a true Cowboy and the recent attack on his reputation is asinine. Sit down and go watch some of his highlights and how clutch he was in the postseason. Do it and your mind might be changed!
Never said he was not elite. My point was he did not have to be elite for the Cowboys to win week in and week out. That was not the case for Romo and is not the case for Dak in big games.

And if/when we lose half our fans will put it 100% on Dak.

Chasing6

Reaction score
So, in other words you can’t.
I guess thats what makes it a debate. Comparing players from different decades. Comparing plays from the same time frame like Emmitt and Barry.

It is really not debatable and just an opinion.

Legend

Reaction score
Comparing QB's without their supporting cast is not realistic. Judging QB's by SB wins only is really ignorant, but I guess that makes it easy for the casual fan to understand.
Comparing predominantly based on regular season stats is not good too. Especially from different eras.

Romo after taking his Cabo trip came back and stunk up the joint in the 2007 Divisional Playoff round.

18-36 201 passing yards 1 TD 1 INT;
passer rating of 64.7

The Cowboys obviously needed more pro bowl players to carry Romo and the team to victory over the Wild Card Giants.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Comparing predominantly based on regular season stats is not good too. Especially from different eras.

Romo after taking his Cabo trip came back and stunk up the joint in the 2007 Divisional Playoff round.

18-36 201 passing yards 1 TD 1 INT;
passer rating of 64.7

The Cowboys obviously needed more pro bowl players to carry Romo and the team to victory over the Wild Card Giants.
And some on here keep telling me Romo never had a bad playoff game. It was all Crayton's fault. lol

kskboys

Reaction score
Never said he was not elite. My point was he did not have to be elite for the Cowboys to win week in and week out. That was not the case for Romo and is not the case for Dak in big games.

And if/when we lose half our fans will put it 100% on Dak.
Prolly, but who cares? Why is the focus on the negative Daksters? I mean, this isn't a Dak thread, so why does it even matter? Especially since putting it on the QB is the nature of the game. Always been that way and will never change.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't care about elite what I do know if the bigger the game the better Aikman played. Troy never complained about Dallas running the ball as much as they did. Troy wanted to win however when Dallas face 49ers or Packers Troy level of play was elite as well as the SB games vs Bills and Pitt. Frankly would not want another QB

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
It was awesome getting to see Aikman play but just like the Romo stuff, you gotta let it go. Y'all are so sensitive about everything. You think Aikman and his Rings or Romo and his perfect life really care about what all this testosterone has to say on some random message board?
Meh, is more like whining.

triplets_93

Reaction score
You know who you are. Troy Aikman was a legendary quarterback and he was one of the best! Enough of this bull. You youngsters have no idea what you missed with that man. He was a true Cowboy and the recent attack on his reputation is asinine. Sit down and go watch some of his highlights and how clutch he was in the postseason. Do it and your mind might be changed!
With a different QB not Troy Aikman, there would not have been 3 SB victories.
I will never believe otherwise.

Mr_437

Reaction score
If you weren't there to watch Troy Aikman from rookie getting beat up every game to a 3-time SB winning QB you should sit this one out.

Aikman's game and accomplishments haven't been debated for 20+ years, so why now. The guy got better in the Playoffs and in big game, his accuracy was second to none.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If you weren't there to watch Troy Aikman from rookie getting beat up every game to a 3-time SB winning QB you should sit this one out.

Aikman's game and accomplishments haven't been debated for 20+ years, so why now. The guy got better in the Playoffs and in big game, his accuracy was second to none.
I am not really debating Aikman, it is really more a defense of Romo and Dak. Elite QB's are not elite without a supporting cast.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I am not really debating Aikman, it is really more a defense of Romo and Dak. Elite QB's are not elite without a supporting cast.
I'm new to the debate. I'll say this Aikman have Emmitt n Irvin does not take away from his greatness, you just had to be there to understand. Aikman was tougher than Romo and Dak, and he was fearless standing in the pocket and delivering a perfect pass while getting drilled by a defender...remember QBs weren't protected like they are now.

I'm rambling, but these QBs shouldn't be placed against each other or compared by supporting cast imho because Champions find a way.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
If your QB does not elevate his play in the playoffs and is not the best QB on the field; the team’s chances for post season success are not that great.

Romo’s playoff passer rating:

2006 Season Wild Card: 89.6
2007 Divisional: 64.7 (Eli’s 132.4)
2009 Season Wild Card: 104.9
2009 Season Divisional: 66.1 (Favre’s 134.4)
2014 Season Wild Card: 114
2014 Season Divisional: 143.6

Romo play well during the 2014 playoffs.

His play during the 2007 and 2009 Divisional Playoff round was not good.
These stats don’t show you which receivers had passes bounce off their marble hands, passes tipped at the line, etc. Not the be-all-end-all. Gotta rewatch the games on YouTube.

Big D

Reaction score
If you say Troy wasn't elite you must be referencing his banter in the booth with buck because on the field he was $$.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
With Emmitt Smith eating up yards that’s pretty much what Troy Aikman was because that’s all he had to be. He only attempted 400 or more passes four times during his career, and never threw for more than 23 TDs, because he didn’t have to. He had an all-time great running game with an all-time great OL and great defenses. All he had to do was drive the bus and make plays when he had to.
lol just because you dont have (nor need) gaudy passing #'s doesnt make you a bus driver