Some people need to stop this Troy wasn't elite take

lopey

Reaction score
Nobody compared Dak to Troy.

I grew up idolizing the Triplets and I still love Troy. I'm not a weirdo like you who dislikes my favorite team's QB.

Oh, and there's no such thing as an All-Pro JAG. You're in shambles.
:laugh:
Last thing ill say on this subject. Dak needs Win something then you can talk all you want

DandyDon52

Reaction score
You know who you are. Troy Aikman was a legendary quarterback and he was one of the best! Enough of this bull. You youngsters have no idea what you missed with that man. He was a true Cowboy and the recent attack on his reputation is asinine. Sit down and go watch some of his highlights and how clutch he was in the postseason. Do it and your mind might be changed!
what others today say doesnt matter, should not let that bother you.
what is elite anyway?? no one is really elite lol.
Troy was a winner, always played good in playoffs, and he went to 3 SB's and won all 3, how many other qb's have done that?

Legend

Reaction score
Dallas defeated GB, SF, and Buffalo. Not Troy Aikman.
When Aikman defeated fellow HOF QBs Favre 3x, Young 2x, and Kelly 2x in the playoffs; Aikman was the best QB on the field in each game.

His passer rating was higher in all 7 playoff games and in the100s except for the 1993 Super Bowl when he played with a concussion.

1992 NFC Championship game
Aikman’s Passer Rating 120
Young’s Passer Rating 84.6

1992 Season Super Bowl
Aikman’s Passer Rating 140.7
Kelly’s Passer Rating 58.9

1993 Divisional Playoff Game
Aikman’s Passer Rating 103.7
Favre’s Passer Rating 80.9

1993 NFC Championship Game
Aikman’s Passer Rating 144.7
Young’s Passer Rating 76.8

1993 Super Bowl
Aikman’s (concussed) Passer Rating 77.2
Kelly’s Passer Rating 67.1

1994 Divisional Playoff Game

1995 NFC Championship Game
Aikman’s Passer Rating 107.5
Favre’s Passer Rating 84

Legend

Reaction score
Dallas defeated GB, SF, and Buffalo. Not Troy Aikman.

Many Cowboys fans believe we had in the 90's one of the best, if not the greatest team ever assembled in the history of the NFL.(including coaching)

Did we have that on a Romo team? Have we had that in Dak's career so far?
Romo and Dak played lesser opponents than the 1990s Cowboys dynasty.

Even with a Cowboys record 13 pro bowlers, Romo and the Cowboys did not win 1 playoff game in 2007.

Nav22

Reaction score
Last thing ill say on this subject. Dak needs Win something then you can talk all you want
I don't need to say anything.

Facts are facts, kiddo. Dak is an All-Pro QB.

Cry.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

He'll kick butt this Sunday. Write it down.

morat1959

Reaction score
The only stats that matter are the games and championships you win.

Favre, Young, and Kelly probably have better regular season stats than Aikman.

Yet Aikman defeated Favre 3x, Young 2x, and Kelly 2x in the playoffs.

Stats do not measure heart, mental fortitude, and the ability to overcome adversity.

Excellent!

morat1959

Reaction score
When Aikman defeated fellow HOF QBs Favre 3x, Young 2x, and Kelly 2x in the playoffs; Aikman was the best QB on the field in each game.

His passer rating was higher in all 7 playoff games and in the100s except for the 1993 Super Bowl when he played with a concussion.

1992 Season Super Bowl

1993 Super Bowl

Favre’s Passer Rating 84
You have absolutely destroyed the stats guys with this one. They are lost for words. Crickets!

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Compare the prime playoff years’ stats for any other Cowboys QB (except Staubach) to Aikman’s

How many QBs in NFL history won 3 or more SBs?
Why wouldn’t you look at the entire resume?

Paradoxically, you wanna provide Aikman extra points individually during the Super Bowl years when the team was loaded with talent, then you want to excuse his postseason play when the talent started getting depleted.

Kalyan

Reaction score
I like to point out the idiocy in claiming that what makes a qb great can only be superbowls when football is a team sport. I guess Dan Marino is pretty lame in your eyes too.
You forgot Jim Kelly, and few others

tunahelper

Reaction score
You know who you are. Troy Aikman was a legendary quarterback and he was one of the best! Enough of this bull. You youngsters have no idea what you missed with that man. He was a true Cowboy and the recent attack on his reputation is asinine. Sit down and go watch some of his highlights and how clutch he was in the postseason. Do it and your mind might be changed!
It is people looking at stats only. They fail to grasp how the league has fundamentally changed the way defenses can defend. The rules were changed to promote offense so QB stats are inflated. Aikman and his accuracy would shred defenses today, especially with defenses not allowed to patty-cake the QB's without being flagged.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Aikman’s nickname around the NFL was ‘Robo-QB’ because he was almost automatic on short to intermediate routes. Aikman threw laser beam passes and the ball was usually out of his hand before his targeted receiver had even made their break. Aikman was among the most efficient passers that ever played and, at the time his retirement, had the highest winning percentage of any QB in ANY decade.
I never said he was not elite. I said he rarely had to carry the team and often only needed to be bus driver.

Legend

Reaction score
Why wouldn’t you look at the entire resume?

Paradoxically, you wanna provide Aikman extra points individually during the Super Bowl years when the team was loaded with talent, then you want to excuse his postseason play when the talent started getting depleted.
Aikman and the Cowboys were playing other loaded teams too like the 49ers and Bills.

The Eagles D were fierce and did not allow a 100 yard rusher in a NFL record 54 straight games. They sacked Aikman 11 times in a game.

The Commanders won the SB in 1991.

The Giants in 1990.

Jerry Rice was rated as #1 out of the top 100 players in NFL history in 2010.

Listen to the intro below from Summerall.

He stated the Cowboys and 49ers will play the Pro Bowl and SB in the same game.

Both teams had multiple, future HOFers (I think 5 each).

After Jimmy left, the Cowboys went on a steep decline.

Legend

Reaction score

1992 Season Super Bowl

1993 Super Bowl

Favre’s Passer Rating 84
Correction
1994 Season Divisional Playoff Game
Aikman’s Passer Rating 121.1
Favre’s Passer Rating 58.2

starman22

Reaction score
To say he wasn’t an elite QB is saying you didn’t see him play. I would take him over any QB in Cowboys history with the possible exception of Staubach…I’d have to give that one more thought.
I would agree, but Staubach had more determination IMO. His effort was just incredible at the times it mattered most.

starman22

Reaction score
Some people need to stop crying when people hold a different OPinion than themselves.
I agree with this completely, but it should be something that can be talked about. Different fans see different things when watching a football game. Why should they not be able to talk about it.