Some Week of the draft thoughts!

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Say it ain’t so man…the only thing worse than Brooks at 56 is Brooks at 24.

There’s going to be a stud that falls and I’m terrified we’re going to blow it and draft someone like Kingsley.
Kingsley might be there with our second. The more insider shows I see, he seems to have settled in as a second rounder. I think Paul from Houston will be the surprise early tackle not Kingsley. The Cowboys are at the mercy of other teams because they draft at the end of the rounds. Sadly the Cowboys seem to zero in on certain players.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Kingsley might be there with our second. The more insider shows I see, he seems to have settled in as a second rounder. I think Paul from Houston will be the surprise early tackle not Kingsley. The Cowboys are at the mercy of other teams because they draft at the end of the rounds. Sadly the Cowboys seem to zero in on certain players.
Yea, 2nd makes way more sense.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I think Brooks is going to be our first round pick. Lots of smoke now on how much the Cowboys like him. If the Cowboys trade down. I think he will be the pick. I know guys hate Fish but he said the Cowboys love Brooks. Slater started the rumor early in the draft process, Shefter said it on ESPN, and he would have been a first round pick if he was not injured.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Will never win in the playoffs unless they stop the run and are able to run the ball.
this is true, unfortunately we are not a couple of players away, this team needs a new philosophy when it comes to roster building, with a sole focus on building the trenches and the front 7 exclusively , the hardest part is building that with adequate DEPTH!

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
I want 2 D-lineman. A Center. a LB and a RB from this draft. We need to trust that Bass can play. I know that means moving Smith which isn't ideal. But that's the posotion we are in. We have to fix the front seven. If we don't do that. it doesn't matter what happens on offence. We will still be losing the big games.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I want 2 D-lineman. A Center. a LB and a RB from this draft. We need to trust that Bass can play. I know that means moving Smith which isn't ideal. But that's the posotion we are in. We have to fix the front seven. If we don't do that. it doesn't matter what happens on offence. We will still be losing the big games.
I hate the idea of moving Tyler outside…but if we want to focus on adding playmakers on defense might be the best option if Asim isn’t ready.

It’s the position our dumb owners have put us in.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I have been hammering if this team truly wants to become a legitimate contender they have to fix the trenches and not be such a 1 dimensional team on both sides of the football:

-If the truly want to run the football better, it's all about fixing the interior and keeping Tyler Smith inside at Guard. When I looked at the final 4 teams last season, 3 had elite centers and 1 had an elite scheme. Draft an elite option and our run game will vastly improve.

-What about running back? We have seen top teams find backs very late in the draft and are very effective in a rotational system. Chiefs spent a 1st rd pick on a back, yet their 7th rounder has become their lead back and a very good one at that. Wait on drafting a running back until day 3. Adding a 4th rd pick would be ideal to address this need.

-The Cowboy Defensive Tackle positional group is one of the worst on the entire team. Osa is good for half a season then wares down, perhaps cause they have nothing behind him. Team is relying on Mazi Smith to become an impact starter, but he had his struggles throughout his rookie season and is coming off of shoulder surgery. We just have journeyman Carl Davis behind him. They have to address this area and not with late day 3 picks either. Murphy/Newton would be a homerun, but probably going to have to address the need or needs on day 2.

-What about Linebacker? Kendricks is a quality bridge starter, have to ultimately find his future replacement at the mike. They already have Overshown with Clark backing him up at the Will. If they decide to add a linebacker early, he better be able to rush the passer to see the field. A position that is important, but more towards the future.

-Corner/Wide Receiver-depth is certainly needed, but it is going to be real difficult to spend a high pick on either with so many starter needed and just 3 premium selections.
I agree with pushing back the priority of drafting a RB and RB by committee approach.

Draft Barton or JPJ and our running game will approve significantly.

I would be more than happy if our first 3 picks were on the trenches.

Big question will be how far does Sweat drop. I have seen a few mocks with him available in the 3rd.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I agree with pushing back the priority of drafting a RB and RB by committee approach.

Draft Barton or JPJ and our running game will approve significantly.

I would be more than happy if our first 3 picks were on the trenches.

Big question will be how far does Sweat drop. I have seen a few mocks with him available in the 3rd.
Think the bigger question is, will he even be in consideration?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
ESPN is really pushing the Cowboys drafting a quarterback narrative.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Daniels and Maye are not even in the same stratosphere as a pocket passer. Stroud was an underrated prospect because of all the talent on Ohio State. Stroud is Goff on steroids. Daniels is poor man’s version of Lamar with two top 5 receivers at LSU. Maye is a poor man’s version of Herbert. Very disappointing season with North Carolina. Seems to have a hard time handling pressure. As soon as there was whispers that he was better then Caleb, he went down hill.
I think Stroud is a far superior thrower of the football. And based on how he performed without a true #1 receiver the scouting community got it all wrong. Heck Bryce Young may never be as good as Stroud was as a rookie.