Someone please explain how does Moore go from villain to hero?

Jeffkills

Reaction score
Kellen's going to help us win a SB, bro...

1342565272938.gif

Chrispierce

Reaction score
That’s the perception...but he was never a “real” QB coach,or even given that title because that was his coaching strength,and they really needed him for it. It was just a convenient way to get him on the sidelines to get experience without ruffling feathers. But by the later part of the year,I think it did with Linehan,when Garrett started involving him more,and developing a greater working relationship. Yeah,I can see that bugging Linehan. It would me too. But Moore is neither a hero nor villain. He’s just helping out with whatever they ask,and it’s been that way for years now. He could care less about being OC,that was never his motivation. It was everyone else on the team and FO telling him “You should be a coach” before he retired. I remember all that,and them coaxing him to stay on the PS to help prepare the staff with stuff. If a team really likes a guy that much to do all that,I think I’m going to have to trust their judgment and give it the benifit of the doubt. I’ll admit I campaigned for years to dump Linehan,but I’ll give Moore extra time being he’s new,and just getting started before piling on as usual. Looool

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
When the QB has a rough start to a season, the second or third point of blame goes to the QB coach, warranted or not.

When Moore started being discussed as potential OC, people went out to seek more information about him and realized maybe there is more to him than they originally thought.

That's really all it is.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
This community, the media, social media, all went from decrying Moore as our QB coach to suddenly calling him a "offensive prophet" (quoting one tweet I read)....

Since when does being terrible at your job lead to a huge promotion?

For a position coach, I want more experience.

For replacing LInehan, I want you to breathe.

Position coach is more practical and detailed, OC more conceptual. Maybe Boy Genius will be ok calling plays. But I have no faith in him telling any position how to play. And that's fine. That's what position coaches are for.

Buzzbait

Reaction score

Position coach is more practical and detailed, OC more conceptual. Maybe Boy Genius will be ok calling plays. But I have no faith in him telling any position how to play. And that's fine. That's what position coaches are for.

If Moore calls plays, it'll be Garrett's play book. No big changes. But I suspect Garrett would take over play calling again. :eek:

Gaede

Reaction score
Next week it will be all for naught. There is no way Garrett goes with a totally inexperienced Moore as OC in the last year of his contract.

It will be Nussmeier, for sure, with Moore getting some extra influence, and possibly another coach brought in from the outside who Garrett knows from the golden year in Miami.

Proof

Reaction score

Exactly. Not all computer programmers would make good comp sci professors

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This community, the media, social media, all went from decrying Moore as our QB coach to suddenly calling him a "offensive prophet" (quoting one tweet I read)....

Great marketing.

bdk76

Reaction score
Next week it will be all for naught. There is no way Garrett goes with a totally inexperienced Moore as OC in the last year of his contract.

It will be Nussmeier, for sure, with Moore getting some extra influence, and possibly another coach brought in from the outside who Garrett knows from the golden year in Miami.

My guess is, it's not Garretts decision. If Jerry wants Moore as his OC there is nothing Garrett can do about it.

Brax

Reaction score

when you work for Jerry Jones

Brooksey

Reaction score
Well if he's such a wizard, he must have designed a playbook (at least 60 plays) and submitted to JJ. They must be better then that old washed up Andy Reid who can't win a SB. They must have something to call him genius and a wizard. Why would they take a kid like that, have him call JG's Air Coryell plays from 2007 like Linehan was doing and call him a genius? Because he grew up around football? That would be weird