Someone please explain how does Moore go from villain to hero?

Eanwen

Reaction score
This is where I stand/stood:

We have a qb who I think we all agree needs work on his fundamentals. I would think one would want the best qb coach money could buy to help with Dak's development. The Cowboys decided to hire a guy who never coached before at any level. :huh:

Now Moore is among the top choices (if not the top choice) to become the new OC and it made no sense to me.

But then I see the video with him and Gruden and I see that he seems to have a very high football IQ; at least he knows what the coaches have told him.

Then I hear he's already been drawing up plays that led to touchdowns.

I don't know what sort of OC will be, but he's more impressive than I thought.

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
There were a few games where they showed Dak frustrated with him or showing disinterest. I'm sure none of us know the exact details of what went on and it could all merely be perception.
Maybe Moore was working on Dak on eye control. "Ok Dak now look away from me as I talk to you and then snap over my way at the last second.."

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Having an opinion is certainly better then having no opinion at all, which some seem to have.

I couldn't disagree more. An uninformed opinion has no real value. We get some entertainment value from discussing it amongst ourselves, but none of us are close enough to the team, at practices or in meeting rooms, so I just disagree that an opinion is better than no opinion.

And certainly having a "prove it" attitude is better then the "everything the cowboys do I will support" attitude that some people adopt.

Who's to say he hasn't proved it? Again, none of us are in meetings or on the practice field. By all means, be skeptical, but wanting Moore to "prove it" is a pretty meaningless thing when you consider, that random posters on here have no idea what "proving it" means.

Then there is just plain common sense. That handing the OC duties to a young kid that has ONLY coached one year in the NFL, never called plays before, and sucked in the NFL as a QB seems foolish.

Sucking as an NFL QB really has no bearing on this. I am not aware of any real correlation between success as an NFL QB and as an NFL OC. We've seen career backups have success and we have seen guys who couldn't even get to where Moore is have success. His inexperience is something that we should be skeptical of, but again, we really have no idea whether he is qualified, because we lack the knowledge ourselves to judge that and we aren't around the team.

And we have all heard this...…………"he is really smart" mantra before with Garrett. Our team has suffered for 14 years under Garrett. Tired of inexperienced supposed geniuses that have potential. I want REAL PROVEN football people. But that's just me.

Like I said, others will just hail whomever we hire as great. Or they wont have an opinion at all and will just insult those that do.

I don't get why, "I don't know" is a bad answer. Obviously there is no need for insults, but we really have no idea how qualified Moore is

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I couldn't disagree more. An uninformed opinion has no real value. We get some entertainment value from discussing it amongst ourselves, but none of us are close enough to the team, at practices or in meeting rooms, so I just disagree that an opinion is better than no opinion.

Who's to say he hasn't proved it? Again, none of us are in meetings or on the practice field. By all means, be skeptical, but wanting Moore to "prove it" is a pretty meaningless thing when you consider, that random posters on here have no idea what "proving it" means.

Sucking as an NFL QB really has no bearing on this. I am not aware of any real correlation between success as an NFL QB and as an NFL OC. We've seen career backups have success and we have seen guys who couldn't even get to where Moore is have success. His inexperience is something that we should be skeptical of, but again, we really have no idea whether he is qualified, because we lack the knowledge ourselves to judge that and we aren't around the team.

I don't get why, "I don't know" is a bad answer. Obviously there is no need for insults, but we really have no idea how qualified Moore is

So he should be hired because nobody really knows? Or everyone should just shut up and watch?

Why come to a forum then?

And "I don't know" is a fine answer. But then don't go around insulting other people for their opinions. Which is exactly what some do on here.

If you have no clue, maybe its just better if some stay out of the conversation. And to imply that all fans are just clueless is ridiculous. Some fans have more of a grasp, do more research, know more, have a better sense of football and talent, ect….ect… Others are just homers or haters.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
The Cowboy’s employee a PR staff plus outsourced minions as well for this sort of stuff. They’ve been two weeks into this and it’s remarkable how easy this stuff sells.
:hammer: People don't realize this but it's true. Sports isn't the only area where this is done. People pay good money for firms to influence public opinion

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
This community, the media, social media, all went from decrying Moore as our QB coach to suddenly calling him a "offensive prophet" (quoting one tweet I read)....

Since when does being terrible at your job lead to a huge promotion?

How do we know Moore is "terrible" at his job? I doubt few, if any, of us really know what the job is (and is not). I think the initial anti-Moore backlash was because he had no experience. He's still doesn't have much, but he's not Linehan so he represents change at OC (which a lot of us wanted).

Would he be my first choice? No, but I have no say in the matter.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
So he should be hired because nobody really knows? Or everyone should just shut up and watch?

No. "We" don't know, so using words like "prove it" are empty, because we don't know what he has proven.

Why come to a forum then?

As I said in the earlier post, "our" opinions have entertainment value, but that's it.

And "I don't know" is a fine answer. But then don't go around insulting other people for their opinions. Which is exactly what some do on here.

If you have no clue, maybe its just better if some stay out of the conversation. And to imply that all fans are just clueless is ridiculous. Some fans have more of a grasp, do more research, know more, have a better sense of football and talent, ect….ect… Others are just homers or haters.

Unless you have been in a meeting room with Kellen Moore to grasps his understanding of NFL offenses and have talked to him about his own offensive philosophies, then we are all just as clueless. Doesn't mean we can't discuss it, just claiming that Moore hasn't proven anything is meaningless, because on this topic you are clueless.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think villain and hero is a bit much. I would consider them neither. If the Cowboys choose to hand the OC job to him he will face the pressure that comes with the job and people will judge him just as they do other OC. As a QB coach he took his marching orders from Linehan and while Moore may have had input it was not his role to run the offense. If given the chance it will be on him to get this offense going. I wish him the best if this happens.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
This community, the media, social media, all went from decrying Moore as our QB coach to suddenly calling him a "offensive prophet" (quoting one tweet I read)....

Since when does being terrible at your job lead to a huge promotion?
The lemmings rule here.
RICHARDS IS A GENIUS! Then the flop against the Rams.
The season long flop with Moore and, inexplicably, he is a GENIUS!
I fear it is a buildup by Jerry before he rewards Moore, his new crush.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The lemmings rule here.
RICHARDS IS A GENIUS! Then the flop against the Rams.
The season long flop with Moore and, inexplicably, he is a GENIUS!
I fear it is a buildup by Jerry before he rewards Moore, his new crush.

I think Richard is a very good Defensive coach and only a fool would use 1 game as a measuring stick of the quality of a coach. Sean Payton lost to these so called crappy coaches and poor organization does that make him a poor HC, hell he could not even beat Dallas.

Moore young intelligent coach how will he fair? We won't know until he get the chance to prove himself.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I think Richard is a very good Defensive coach and only a fool would use 1 game as a measuring stick of the quality of a coach. Sean Payton lost to these so called crappy coaches and poor organization does that make him a poor HC, hell he could not even beat Dallas.

Moore young intelligent coach how will he fair? We won't know until he get the chance to prove himself.

Well, you like one-year wonders, don't you? Isnt that lemming-like?
And don't use Sean Payton in the same post as your heroes Richard and Moore.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Well, you like one-year wonders, don't you? Isnt that lemming-like?
And don't use Sean Payton in the same post as your heroes Richard and Moore.

I always like it when someone says don't use so and so, why he got beat by lousy coaches who coach for a lousy organization right? Richard has done a good job through out his career. As for Moore I don't know what his future will be nor do you but then you like coming in and crapping all over any and everything. Hell find a team you can support evidently the Cowboys are not it.

I think constructive criticism is a good thing but this constant boo hooing from some is like dealing with 10 year old kids

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I always like it when someone says don't use so and so, why he got beat by lousy coaches who coach for a lousy organization right? Richard has done a good job through out his career. As for Moore I don't know what his future will be nor do you but then you like coming in and crapping all over any and everything. Hell find a team you can support evidently the Cowboys are not it.

I think constructive criticism is a good thing but this constant boo hooing from some is like dealing with 10 year old kids
Yes, Mr. Doom.