Someone tell the Bucs you build through the draft only

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Probably so. What’s Eagles issue? They are even worse than the Cowboys lol.

gotta flush out the issues, restart. We’re getting rid of our QB who can get out of the first 2 rounds of the playoffs, how about you guys?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Laughing at Howie's mistakes and enjoying that he's still employed like our GM.
So... yay.

made the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years with 4 playoff wins are hardware. “like our GM”, I don’t think theres much in the way that Howie is like contemporary Jerry

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
gotta flush out the issues, restart. We’re getting rid of our QB who can get out of the first 2 rounds of the playoffs, how about you guys?
If Howie Roseman is still there then you guys aren't really flushing out the issues now are you lol? What's taking so long for you guys to get rid of Wentz lol?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Worked for the Bronco's, but like the Bucs they landed All Timer at QB. Mannings and Bradys dont grow on tree.

Also it gave them a very very narrow window
I will take that narrow window if it means a ring, even if it means decades of never winning again.
We are already used to that.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You mean the Eagles who are 60 mil over the cap?
I believe its around 49 mill, but it doesnt matter.
You want to see what a joke the cap constraints are,,, just watch how fast the Eagles get corrected.
I bet they start signing valuable FAs before we do...

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
If Howie Roseman is still there then you guys aren't really flushing out the issues now are you lol? What's taking so long for you guys to get rid of Wentz lol?

You should never be in a rush to do something you have to do until you have to do it

So waiting on best offer, have until early march

mardwin

Reaction score
The Bucs invested wisely, Brady is made $20M this year and $20M next year. The Cowboys are trying to pay Dak $40M, now you see the difference in philosophy?

nobody

Reaction score
This is misleading.

How much are those old free agents costing?

You can't continuously buy your way into a championship. Not repeatedly with today's salary cap.

Eventually, it is best to draft smart during the draft. Plus, negotiate well during resigning contracts.

And those are two major weak spots of Cowboys management. They can draft offensively well. Defensively....they struggle. And contracts are a joke.

bigE79

Reaction score
This is true. You can't have a QB throwing for 30 interceptions per year and win in this league.

Tampa will now be the place good players go for a reduced salary so they can play with Brady and this team.
The only thing that Brady cares about is Sb wins,his teammates know it and that's why they respect him so much and I wouldn't bet against them winning it all again next year also.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
you’re assuming it’s not the best offer?
Well you were saying there's no rush hold out for the best offer...and less than 10 hours after you made that comment they trade him. I have no doubt in my mind this was the closet thing they were getting to a 1st rounder. But personally, if you waited this late.....why not wait until after the draft and see what you can get?

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
I see on the boards all the time “build through the draft and bring in some stop gaps (scrubs) in free agency....that’s how you win a Super Bowl

Well Steve let’s take a look at the Bucs....

Notable free agents:

1. Tom Brady
2. Shaq Barret
3. Gronk
4. Fournette
5. Suh
6. Antonio Brown
7. Jason Paul

So you can go on living that lie that we will win a Super Bowl through the draft and free agency scrubs
Wrong, Brady picked Bucs, Gronk and Antonio followed. Brady picked Bucs because their full of high draft picks. He could of easily picked Jets or Browns...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The Bucs invested wisely, Brady is made $20M this year and $20M next year. The Cowboys are trying to pay Dak $40M, now you see the difference in philosophy?
Brady got paid his money early in his career. he has been in the league for 20+ years now. his wife makes more money than he does. at this point of his career he doesn't care about money, he wants to go somewhere to win championships. he also played under bilicheck all those years, probably top 3 all time coach, if not tops. Mahomes got 10 year 500 M contract. Watson got paid. Wilson got paid couple of years back, Goff got paid, Wentz got paid. all of them got paid before their contracts ran out, meaning they got big money with years left on their contract. Dak played under his 4th round contract. asked for a 4 year instead of a 5 year contract (less money). and this is where QB market is......

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Well you were saying there's no rush hold out for the best offer...and less than 10 hours after you made that comment they trade him. I have no doubt in my mind this was the closet thing they were getting to a 1st rounder. But personally, if you waited this late.....why not wait until after the draft and see what you can get?

maybe they were in on someone else and gave Philly an ultimatum. Or maybe Philly knew I one else was going to call and Indy had them by the throat

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I see on the boards all the time “build through the draft and bring in some stop gaps (scrubs) in free agency....that’s how you win a Super Bowl

Well Steve let’s take a look at the Bucs....

Notable free agents:

1. Tom Brady
2. Shaq Barret
3. Gronk
4. Fournette
5. Suh
6. Antonio Brown
7. Jason Paul

So you can go on living that lie that we will win a Super Bowl through the draft and free agency scrubs
"Not so fast Midget"

All these players except for Barrett were draft choices. 3 were 1st round draft picks. Teams are built through the draft either yours or theirs.