Something I heard on the Post Game Show

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dude mcclain is a turd. He smoked pot..got suspended for 4 games....and then showed up about 20 lbs overweight. What do you call that smart?? I dont expect all of our players to be boy scouts but at least Hardy showed up in shape after his suspension. Wilcox is a dumb football player. He may be smart in the classroom but is dumb on the field. Emmit was not smart in the classroom and did not have a strong grasp of the english language but he was steven hawking on the football field.

I call that life. Coming in overweight after being hurt is not "dumb". Neither is smoking pot. And Hardy wasn't in shape either. You are upset we are losing. I get it. But you guys are quick to call someone stupid. I never hear Weeden's intellect being questioned when he played some of the dumbest football i've seen in a long time here.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
The defense can't seem to make plays when the opposing offense needs 80-90+ yards in the 4th quarter with the game on the line and when a decent offense gets the ball in the 2nd qtr with two minutes or less. WTH is that about.

Its probably a case of the " cant close do anything right flu" that the offense passed on to them.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Marinelli's scheme works best when paired with a good offense that can control the ball and put up points. Which this offense is when Romo and Dez play together. But take that away and put it into a low scoring affair and an opponents offense has no need to press.

chagus

Reaction score
The defense can't seem to make plays when the opposing offense needs 80-90+ yards in the 4th quarter with the game on the line and when a decent offense gets the ball in the 2nd qtr with two minutes or less. WTH is that about.

They were gassed at the end... Again.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
When was the last time this coaching staff made an effective in game adjustment?

This is the problem with Garrett and the entire coaching staff. They don't make any changes or add in any wrinkles to the system. This philosophy can work with the team of the 90s. But now things have changed and that coaches are smarter than that.

To beat the Cowboys all you need to do is hang around till the 4th quarter. Than you add in a a special play to score in the final moments. Because the Cowboys are sooooo predictable teams already know how to beat us.

Coaches seem to not see that. They are stuck in their ways and its killing this team.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
In no way is any of this Marinellis fault. The Cowboys are lucky to have him. His D gives up 10 points and we still complain about the defense?

Yeah it's similar to when the stay at home wife complains that husband isn't making enough money so he needs to get a weekend job.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
All the offense had to do to win the game is score 11 points. I have trouble pointing the finger at the defense here. If you can't score 11 points, well..... You go on losing streaks.

Exactly.............lets be brutally honest here, if all you can muster against the sorry arse Bucs is a pair of 50+ yard FGs...............you don't deserve to win the game

deanr

Reaction score
Haha, Josh McDaniels. The man who thought Tebow was the future.

He just beat the Giants with 3 new OL's and his best receiver down could Garett do the same, answer no. Not saying he is the solution but wow that's impressive

dfense

Reaction score
It should be painfully obvious by now to anyone who watches what the defenses major issue is. The play of the safety position. Wilcox is burnt time and time again. When they made the adjustment to put Byron Jones in and hide Wilcox on the bench, the defense picked it up. Painfully obvious. Then they put Jones in the slot and Wilcox had to come back in and BAM! Bad angles, missed tackles Mathews runs right by him for an OT TD. Next week, Wilcox at the goal line, no eligible guy on your side of the field to cover. Fake inside handoff. Your ONLY responsibility is to watch for the bootleg and you get caught with your pants down. Nothing will change until he's relegated to being the gunner on special teams.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He just beat the Giants with 3 new OL's and his best receiver down could Garett do the same, answer no. Not saying he is the solution but wow that's impressive

As an OC, not a HC.

He was an unimpressive HC who got caught cheating.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
He did that against NO and Philly. Early effective blitzing...backs off, gets toasted.
Amazing to me so many can't really figure out what is wrong.

despite injuries, suspensions this defense has stayed close in every game.

They are not All World but they are not the reason for the losses.

They are trying to protect 2-3 point leads with and offense that just can't score..hold the ball or create any pressure.

It's just a matter of time before they cave in.

It's not Rod.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I wonder how things stack up with the release of Ryan now?

CCBoy

Reaction score
One of the hosts asked the other one if there are any issues in the locker room...

He stated that a few of the players are grumbling about the lack of adjustments that Marinelli makes. His philosophy is old school in that he says he will stick with the original gameplan and refuses to adjust as it is up to players to execute...

Hey Trickblue, and with seven straight losses, there had better be lots of grumbling...

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
I've said it a few times. I saw the Eagles game today. Miami came out early and struggled, their DC went to more stunts to confuse the Eagles OL and sure enough, the Miami DL started to dominate.

Marinelli never made that adjustment last week it seemed. We just kept trying to beat them straight up.

And hence the lack of INT's.

You gotta blitz in the NFL. This isn't freakin preseason

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Amazing to me so many can't really figure out what is wrong.

despite injuries, suspensions this defense has stayed close in every game.

They are not All World but they are not the reason for the losses.

They are trying to protect 2-3 point leads with and offense that just can't score..hold the ball or create any pressure.

It's just a matter of time before they cave in.

It's not Rod.

Why do they have to cave in? Maybe other offenses aren't pressuring them until they need to?