Something I heard on the Post Game Show

Zman5

Reaction score
JG's philosophy is "Take what the defense gives you" and "Bend don't break".

Does that sound like a winner's motto? We basically let other teams dictate what we do in games.
What happens if what the "opposing defenses gives us" isn't enough to win? You bend one too many times, you will break.

No wonder we lose so many games in the 4th quarter without Romo. We let other teams dictate until it's too late.

Romo has the most game winning drives for a reason. It's because he runs the 2 minute offense when we need to score at the end of games and he calls his own plays and makes all the necessary adjustments that JG and his staff can't/don't make.

rockj7

Reaction score
And there's your scapegoat folks. same thing happened to rob ryan.

I remember after the Green Bay playoff lose we where worried about losing coach Rod now a ground swell is forming to get him out of town. This reminds me of the story of Christ one moment they love him a few chapters later they want to crucify him Side note with the way the CBs Safeties and LBs have played Im not sure the lamb of God would have faired any better with the defense

silver

Reaction score
I remember after the Green Bay playoff lose we where worried about losing coach Rod now a ground swell is forming to get him out of town. This reminds me of the story of Christ one moment they love him a few chapters later they want to crucify him Side note with the way the CBs Safeties and LBs have played Im not sure the lamb of God would have faired any better with the defense

LOL @ your analogy

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score

So will the Son of Rod die for the Cowboys sins?

silver

Reaction score
Rob Ryan made Kirk Cousins look like the greatest QB of all time today... amazed he still has a job.

Ryan took the fall after 2012. Kiffin took the fall after 2013. The same will happen apparently to Marinelli after 2015.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
What I dislike about Garrett's coaching is that, outside of the 2014 season, we are never what he preaches for us to be. He preaches "finish," and we blow four straight 4th-quarter leads for the first time in franchise history. It's a flashback to Garrett's first three years as coach, where we found hilarious new ways to lose each week.

silver

Reaction score
What I dislike about Garrett's coaching is that, outside of the 2014 season, we are never what he preaches for us to be. He preaches "finish," and we blow four straight 4th-quarter leads for the first time in franchise history. It's a flashback to Garrett's first three years as coach, where we found hilarious new ways to lose each week.

Why do you think that is? Could it be that nobody listens to him? He's like your bankrupt brother in law giving you financial advice

tyke1doe

Reaction score

You shouldn't have gone there. Just saying.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Really the defense is the only reason we were in the game. Same thing against Seattle. Our offense can't score points right now.

Defense gave up 10 points. Held to 3 until last few minutes of the game. Offense should had scored at least 20 points. I don't care about sacks or turnovers if we are stopping the other team from scoring.

Offense has to stop giving up pick 6s, 3 and outs, playing for FG, and giving the ball away

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Why do you think that is? Could it be that nobody listens to him? He's like your bankrupt brother in law giving you financial advice

It's almost as if Chip Kelly, in his "we must run more plays than every other team in the league!" strategy, sat 23rd in the league in plays run.

You can't preach "finish" and put forth the amount of blown leads we've compiled, and pretend you're doing your job.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
When was the last time this coaching staff made an effective in game adjustment?

This is a trick question. Because there has never been even one single time to even go back to. Romo being hurt for this amount of time has exposed Garrett and his staff as frauds. Romo covered it up. Because he's that good. Romo deserves better.

And yes, Marineli is a joke. He is a stubborn old man who thinks his philosophy from over a decade will still work today.

And did we ever adjust to them blitzing every single 3rd down, no matter the distance? Of course not.

Clown show with this staff.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Really the defense is the only reason we were in the game. Same thing against Seattle. Our offense can't score points right now.

Defense gave up 10 points. Held to 3 until last few minutes of the game. Offense should had scored at least 20 points. I don't care about sacks or turnovers if we are stopping the other team from scoring.

Offense has to stop giving up pick 6s, 3 and outs, playing for FG, and giving the ball away

I agree, although I think both scenarios (offense and defense being to blame) can be true.

Frankly, you don't deserve to win an NFL game with 6 points on the board. I was texting friends throughout the fourth quarter, and our theme was no way that 6-3 score holds. It just wasn't going to happen.

At the same time, the defense's folding in crucial situations is part of a bigger problem. Looking solely through the focus of today's game, no, I don't place the bulk of the blame on them. Looking at the bigger picture, they've been abysmal in game-winning moments. The Seattle, New Orleans, Philly and Tampa games all come instantly to mind.

I'm fully confident that with Romo back, the defense will show it's just as able to blow a 30-27 lead with a minute left.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score

I can't say I remember ever finding them hilarious.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Ryan took the fall after 2012. Kiffin took the fall after 2013. The same will happen apparently to Marinelli after 2015.

I understand your point... I remember... just saying Ryan sucks in New Orleans.... hey I'm not sticking up for anyone... a good GM would have a solid backup QB and probably would've drafted a RB, even as late as the 5th rd... but the GM isn't getting fired... a good head coach would've won 2 of the last 7 games on his own merit... but the GM can't remove the HC because he's invested years "training" this guy and ego won't allow the GM to admit it isn't working...... but all I really wanted to add was that Rob Ryan sucks as a DC these days.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I agree, although I think both scenarios (offense and defense being to blame) can be true.

Frankly, you don't deserve to win an NFL game with 6 points on the board. I was texting friends throughout the fourth quarter, and our theme was no way that 6-3 score holds. It just wasn't going to happen.

At the same time, the defense's folding in crucial situations is part of a bigger problem. Looking solely through the focus of today's game, no, I don't place the bulk of the blame on them. Looking at the bigger picture, they've been abysmal in game-winning moments. The Seattle, New Orleans, Philly and Tampa games all come instantly to mind.

I'm fully confident that with Romo back, the defense will show it's just as able to blow a 30-27 lead with a minute left.

I disagree, our offense has put the defense in many bad situations. Pick 6s in 2 student games which decided the winner.

Today we were at mid field 3 times with 4th and 1 and didn't attempt to go for none even though our defense had held bucs to 3 points and 2 turnovers. We have played not to lose on offense instead of playing to win. Coaches, game plan and offense are to blame in every single lost this season.

Ya they have up a TD late in the fourth today but hell bucs had 7 shots from inside the 10. Romo scores the TD to win today no doubt about it