Something is a foot at WR

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak did get exposed . Big part of that was not having a great oline that could pass block. He had to chuck and duck too much. The left side of the line was an issue all year.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I disagree. They may have thought about it when Watkins was available, but that's no longer the case.

So, at this point, there are few, if any, options to replace Bryant.

If the plan was to replace him, that ship has sailed.

I wouldn't say that. It's clear they're thinking about moving on from Dez. They could still go with a guy they draft, and bring in a second tier vet. Or two. They could play Beasley wider, to take him away from LB help, but not out on the sideline.

I think we've crossed the rubicon with Dez, though management doesn't seem to think so. He's not going to like a pay cut. He's talking about what a mistake it is to play hurt. Whatever he has left, we're not going to get 100% of it anyway.

Verdict

Reaction score
A guy I trust that is semi in the Cowboys circle told me Stephen Jones is really tired of Dez' general antics and sideline behavior during games and wants him gone.

I think it's a mistake, but I'm not there everyday.

There is too much smoke for there to not be some fire there.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yup...if JJ and company would have signed Watkins,that would have meant the end for Dez here in Dallas right now. From a cap structure point of view,we would have had no choice but to cut him to regain that cap space. So yes...its clear we are ready to move on from Dez. You don't even entertain a deal like this unless you already made that decision.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Dak did get exposed . Big part of that was not having a great oline that could pass block. He had to chuck and duck too much. The left side of the line was an issue all year.

The OC got exposed. The WRs got exposed. Dak got exposed. In that order.

conner01

Reaction score
All but guaranteed WR in 1st or 2nd
I think you are right
I would love to trade back some and be able to work out a second rnd pick and keep 50
There will be some good talent in the second rnd, especially early

conner01

Reaction score
No way we could afford both contracts. Watkins in means Dez out.
We could afford both contracts if Watkins could have been signed for what he’s worth
Watkins is not and never will be a one though he’s getting paid like ine

Verdict

Reaction score
Yup...if JJ and company would have signed Watkins,that would have meant the end for Dez here in Dallas right now. From a cap structure point of view,we would have had no choice but to cut him to regain that cap space. So yes...its clear we are ready to move on from Dez. You don't even entertain a deal like this unless you already made that decision.

Yes. It signals that unless they just get totally stuck with Dez they are moving on from him. I think the needle ticked over to the it's more likely than not he won't be here this season.

Verdict

Reaction score
We could afford both contracts if Watkins could have been signed for what he’s worth
Watkins is not and never will be a one though he’s getting paid like ine

We could have, for sure. Would we have kept both? In my opinion there is almost no chance of that happening.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yes. It signals that unless they just get totally stuck with Dez they are moving on from him. I think the needle ticked over to the it's more likely than not he won't be here this season.
I gotta agree...I think hes done here.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Mostly the OC
When your tackle is obviously over matched you get him help
When team after team uses same method to cover your slot you adjust to that
The oline was an issue but better job by OC can cover lots of that
It was horrid. Chaz Green was abused..at times..so was Cooper...and I might take heat for this..but Tyron looked bad too. He wasn't right. That left side needs work asap.

conner01

Reaction score
We could have, for sure. Would we have kept both? In my opinion there is almost no chance of that happening.
I think Watkins across from Dez would have been great
We will see this year if Watkins can play up to what he got paid, my guess it’s a deal that will be regretted very soon
His speed makes him a great compliment player, his skill set and continues injuries doesn’t make him a good one WR

Verdict

Reaction score
It was horrid. Chaz Green was abused..at times..so was Cooper...and I might take heat for this..but Tyron looked bad too. He wasn't right. That left side needs work asap.

Yeah. Tyron needs to get healthy. He wasn't as good this year.