Something is a foot at WR

conner01

Reaction score
It was horrid. Chaz Green was abused..at times..so was Cooper...and I might take heat for this..but Tyron looked bad too. He wasn't right. That left side needs work asap.
Green and smith being outside are easy to help
Green was way over matched
Anyone with half a brain would have got help out there

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think Watkins across from Dez would have been great
We will see this year if Watkins can play up to what he got paid, my guess it’s a deal that will be regretted very soon
His speed makes him a great compliment player, his skill set and continues injuries doesn’t make him a good one WR
Watkins wont last the year in that division.

Verdict

Reaction score
I think Watkins across from Dez would have been great
We will see this year if Watkins can play up to what he got paid, my guess it’s a deal that will be regretted very soon
His speed makes him a great compliment player, his skill set and continues injuries doesn’t make him a good one WR

Speed would have helped every receiver and the tight ends. I just don't think they would tie up that much salary cap in Dez and Sammy. Not a very likely scenario. It spoke volumes about what the team thinks of Dez today.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hahaha..

Hey..

Around here you better have your answer in mind before hand.

You know?

The team is having him in again on a visit I understood.

We will see.

I'll never fault you for having an opinion, we all do.

conner01

Reaction score
We could have, for sure. Would we have kept both? In my opinion there is almost no chance of that happening.
I personally think two guys on our offense are playing there last year here. I fully expect us to take a we fairly early and I don’t expect dez or witten back next yeat

Whyjerry

Reaction score
With the recent news that Dallas tried to sign Sammy Watkins..

and failed..

WR obviously is a top priority for us.

This is a clear intimation DEZ is going to be cut.

What do you guys think?

Unlikely cut now. I do see them addressing the position early in the draft. Dez will have one more year to prove he can still be elite in Dallas.

My gut is this is his last.

Verdict

Reaction score
I personally think two guys on our offense are playing there last year here. I fully expect us to take a we fairly early and I don’t expect dez or witten back next yeat

Yeah. I think there is a chance one or both won't be on the team in September.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Unlikely cut now. I do see them addressing the position early in the draft. Dez will have one more year to prove he can still be elite in Dallas.

My gut is this is his last.
yup...and in true cowboy style,kept him a year too long and have no trade value to gain for him.

iamliko22

Reaction score
They thought they could sign Watkins for less than dez. I think now they realize dez at his price ain't that bad.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
With the recent news that Dallas tried to sign Sammy Watkins..

and failed..

WR obviously is a top priority for us.

This is a clear intimation DEZ is going to be cut.

What do you guys think?
Probably not, but I kind of wish he was. Last year, I kept waiting for Dez to step up and make a play when we really needed him. He seldom did. Main memory of Dez last year was him screaming for the ball, then when he finally got it he fumbled or dropped the ball!!!

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Mike Wallace is an interesting name to keep an eye on. He had an OK year last year. Would give us a speed boost there.

Sounds like the Ravens are looking at Brown.

Wallace on a two year deal for much cheaper than Dez could work.

Pick up a WR in the draft. Roll out the smurfs. Sounds very New Englandish.

superonyx

Reaction score
Yup...if JJ and company would have signed Watkins,that would have meant the end for Dez here in Dallas right now. From a cap structure point of view,we would have had no choice but to cut him to regain that cap space. So yes...its clear we are ready to move on from Dez. You don't even entertain a deal like this unless you already made that decision.
Not true...
But we don’t even know if we entertained a deal at all..it’s all speculation coming from 1persons a Tweet..now suddenly it’s a fact because some want it to be.

We very likely were thinking Watkins was in the reasonable range and we could have him signed to give us leverage to ask Dez to take a pay cut...it’s not like they are even similar type of WRs.

If they could have added speed in Watkins for 8 million per and asked Dez to take a cut by a few million then the cost to put speed on the other side of the field with Dez isn’t that much..

None of us know really..we can’t.

Aven8

Reaction score
The Raiders are suppose to be cutting Crabtree. While I want a WR in the draft I hate that it will force our hands between that and LB's.